ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TakeThat tickets (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/587742-takethat-tickets.html)

salsa-king 01 March 2007 10:44 PM

TakeThat tickets

where's/who's the best place to book tickets through, in ppls personal experience?

SwissTony 01 March 2007 10:57 PM

phil you better be getting them for your missus or else !!

:D

Freak 01 March 2007 11:25 PM

9am tomorrow- all go on sale at the same time via the usual places.
No presale irritatingly for this one....

Doesnt matter where you get them from- will be a roadblock wherever.
Get in VERY early or miss out- and that is free advice coming from a 'Ticket Pimp'®(thanks to whoever on here gave me that title- I like it! :D ) who will be onto his dedicated tout hotline at 8:55am ;)

salsa-king 01 March 2007 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 6710204)
phil you better be getting them for your missus or else !!

:D

well i missed them 1st time round in the 90's lol

Ian_S 02 March 2007 06:53 AM

manchester may be your best chance as 8 dates there, so easier to get a ticket

salsa-king 02 March 2007 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ian_S (Post 6710493)
manchester may be your best chance as 8 dates there, so easier to get a ticket

their home town??

davegtt 02 March 2007 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 6710509)
their home town??

Theyre from all over, not just Manchester.

Im struggling with Ticketmaster atm, looks like Ive missed out. Not assed anyway cause theyre not even for me :lol1: I didnt even remember til 9:10 so it was always going to be hard from there on in.

KiwiGTI 02 March 2007 09:43 AM

Ticketmaster are an absolute joke (and bunch of wankers). Mainly their sole reason for existence is to dispose of tickets that no-one else wants - ie: the average and bad seats.

Every time there is a big concert release their website goes into meltdown.

davegtt 02 March 2007 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6710770)
Ticketmaster are an absolute joke (and bunch of wankers). Mainly their sole reason for existence is to dispose of tickets that no-one else wants - ie: the average and bad seats.

Every time there is a big concert release their website goes into meltdown.

If your on the site a couple of minutes before they go on sale you usually dont have a problem, if you turn up 10 minutes after then yes, the website may aswell not even exsist.

stevem2k 02 March 2007 10:15 AM

Ticketmaster's site is a joke. They should be able to predict and deal with spiky traffic after all these years.

jaytc2003 02 March 2007 10:34 AM

i tried for my missus, was on ticketmaster at about 8 site very quick, 9 oclock when tickets available, I managed to select 2 tickets for manchester the 10th (missus birthday on the 8th so nice pressie for her and I dont need to go out shopping) then waiting in a queue saying it will be within 15 mins then the site crashed and I couldnt get back on. This was at 9.51 when it crashed gave up after that. Also tried ticketline and seetickets.com but no joy with those either. Ahhh well looks like the trafford centre shopping now then..

jaytc2003 02 March 2007 10:43 AM

ha ha tried seetickets.com again and got the last 2 for monday the 10th. trafford centre will have to wait.

Mogsi 02 March 2007 11:14 AM

They've just added more dates for Manchester.

The missus managed to get 6 via Seetickets.com. Wouldn't waste my time on the ticketmaster site....

KiwiGTI 02 March 2007 11:25 AM

Just added more for London, got 4 for Sat 08/12

Abdabz 02 March 2007 12:15 PM

6 bought - two be used by the missus and her sis, 4 to be sold for monsterous amounts of cold hearted ticket touting megabucks to poor unsuspecting 'real' fans :thumb: :lol1:
Or maybe just given to a couple of my mates and their ladies... Hmmm.... :D

Freak 02 March 2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 6711260)
6 bought - two be used by the missus and her sis, 4 to be sold for monsterous amounts of cold hearted ticket touting megabucks to poor unsuspecting 'real' fans :thumb: :lol1:

Welcome to the club :thumb:

stevem2k 02 March 2007 12:46 PM

I got 2 in the end for the wife at about 11:15 for the dome...

jaytc2003 02 March 2007 12:48 PM

unconfirmed reports say they are upto £350 apparently on ebay
maybe sell mine and treat the missus to a holiday instead!

jaytc2003 02 March 2007 12:52 PM

£370 on ebay for 2

Abdabz 02 March 2007 12:56 PM

a pair in block ff in glasgow going for £470...:eek:

Mogsi 02 March 2007 01:25 PM

£620 for 2 tickets in Manchester... I wouldn't be surprised if this heads the same way as Kylie and all tickets get pulled from Ebay....

Enigma 02 March 2007 01:41 PM

there's a front row pair for Birmingham at £875 :eek2:

Freak 02 March 2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mogsi (Post 6711623)
£620 for 2 tickets in Manchester... I wouldn't be surprised if this heads the same way as Kylie and all tickets get pulled from Ebay....

What???
No Kylie tickets got pulled from ebay- I know because I sold premium front tickets for several of the shows, including the NYE one.There was no ban on selling them at all.

The only ones that have been banned from listing have been Diana (obvious why), and Live 8 (geldoftwat moaning).

Even if the take that ones get pulled (doubtful), such is the demand that word of mouth will get them sold soon enough. Ive been getting calls and txts all morning from people pestering me for them.

Mogsi 02 March 2007 02:12 PM

Sky News: Kylie Bid To Block Touts

Ok my bad, she was attempting to have them pulled...

Abdabz 02 March 2007 03:07 PM

How does Seetickets.com work? I'm guessing its a manual credit card process because they took my payment & address details online but the confirmaiton screen just said something along the lines of sending a confirmation email to me in 3 hours...
Ticketmaster are normally instant because they process your payment online...

davegtt 02 March 2007 03:20 PM

Bugger. I got to the stage of paying for tickets and didnt bother, I thought £50 a ticket, they wont go for much more than £80 on ebay and I cant be bothered with the hassle for £30 profit a ticket :( Looks like Ive missed the boat...lol

Freak 02 March 2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 6711968)
How does Seetickets.com work? I'm guessing its a manual credit card process because they took my payment & address details online but the confirmaiton screen just said something along the lines of sending a confirmation email to me in 3 hours...
Ticketmaster are normally instant because they process your payment online...

Seetickets are a pain in the ass
Nowhere near as good as TM usually

If you had the confirmation screen you should have them- takes about 3-4 hours today to send the confirmation mail (mine took 4hrs10). Wont give you your seats straight away either irritatingly- so its pot luck if you get good or crap.
Call them direct on 0115 945 4570 (cut out the menu crap this is direct and straight through to a human ) :)

They process every one MANUALLY (:eek: ) - hence the delay.

Terrible company that I dont like usually for tickets and I use only as a last (or second ;) ) resort
Today was a roadblock and one of the worst sales I have seen for tickets.

salsa-king 02 March 2007 04:56 PM

I started ringing at 8:55am.
got ecored message saying lines were flooded with calls.. as soon as 9am came could get through, phone said retry, or i got net work busy!!

my sister got some... via some one who knows someone at ticket master.. i think.

she and her friend had tried by phone an the net.. with no joy!!

:(

Abdabz 02 March 2007 06:35 PM

I got my confirmation from seetickets 4 and a half hours afterwards... Just glad to get the confirmation though :thumb:
Like you say Mr Freak, no news on actual seats so a bit trickier to put up for sale right now, but that's OK. I think friends and family will take my spare 4.
Glad to have them - I dont think I have topped this for Brownie Points from Mrs Abdabz since the proposal :D

skoosh 02 March 2007 06:51 PM

There are some tickets currently on ebay standing at £9600 with 48 bids.........................are thay bloody mad....?

Si.