ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Sensi Soccer comes to XBLA (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/587378-sensi-soccer-comes-to-xbla.html)

spectrum48k 28 February 2007 05:09 PM

Sensi Soccer comes to XBLA

Sensible Soccer, the classic arcade football hit, is headed for to Xbox Live Arcade using the gameplay from fan favourite Sensible World of Soccer 96/97.

Hopefully nothing to do with the version released last summer on PC, Xbox & PS2. Sounds like they've taken the original Amiga / SNES version from 96 and ported it straight to the Xbox360 and improved the graphics and sound. This is great news I think.

Iain Young 28 February 2007 05:17 PM

It's actually having two modes. The new mode will have enhanced graphics and sound (and HD resolution), but you can also play it in retro mode with the exact graphics from the old Amiga version.

They're not touching the core code at all, so in effect it is exactly the same game that we all loved on the Amiga :D

spectrum48k 28 February 2007 05:31 PM

I hope it goes on to be a huge hit - it'll make publishers aware you DON'T need multi-million dollar FIFA licencses, fancy graphics and a 100 strong dev-team to make every successful game.

NWMark 28 February 2007 05:31 PM

yeah but when do they bring out the Xbox 360 Zip Stick to go with it :)

DJ Dunk 28 February 2007 05:38 PM

One of these would do nicely . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nk/802511b.jpg

King Eric 28 February 2007 06:02 PM

My god how addictive was this game!

Especially the career mode with all the star players, and the fact that your strikers would become worth loads of money but your midfielders devalued really quick

Really looking forward to this one, especially with online play. I had a really smart top corner goal I perfected before my Amiga A500+ packed up. It was a really sad day!

Anderooo 28 February 2007 07:09 PM

Finally something to spend my points on. The best and only football game worth playing is finally coming back to life! Certainly made my day. :)

haroldhettaturbo 28 February 2007 07:25 PM

Sensi soccor, how many hours did i waste on that game:lol1:

Run down the wing, to the corner flag. just before u crossing the line. Shoot the ball at the net and curve it in.

Great game. PC version that came out last year was pants!

StickyMicky 28 February 2007 07:27 PM

must admit, i don't like football games, but i have swerved a few sensi balls in my yoouf :D

leonpoole 28 February 2007 07:39 PM

When is it available anyway ?

DJ Dunk 28 February 2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by leonpoole (Post 6706488)

In the summer, on Vista too :)

Anderooo 01 March 2007 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by leonpoole (Post 6706488)

According to the post I went and found after reading this thread Q1 2007. But I suspect as mentioned above summer time, this is Microsoft. :)

DJ Dunk 01 March 2007 09:43 AM

Summer was quoted by Nick Pili, Director of Casual Gaming at Codemasters.

Codemasters forum - View Single Post - First SWOS Q&A

cottonfoo 01 March 2007 09:56 AM

Excellent, I'm as far from a football fan as you can get but I still own the original SWOS and an A1200 to play it on, can't wait :)

jaytc2003 01 March 2007 10:56 AM

ahhhh the old aftertouch. Never bettered

InvisibleMan 01 March 2007 01:05 PM

The XBLA demos really need to be a little longer, that one last wed was non existant!

jowl 01 March 2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by NWMark (Post 6706127)
yeah but when do they bring out the Xbox 360 Zip Stick to go with it :)

Exactly.

Sensi Soccer on the 360 could make me buy an XBOX360.....but I just can't cope without my trusty zipstick

sti-04!! 01 March 2007 08:11 PM

:luxhello:

To the posters above, Harold & Eric i still play fifa the way i used to play sensi :D

Rock ON

Bravo2zero_sps 14 March 2007 09:31 PM

Got this from Codemasters today:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sensible World of Soccer, on Xbox Live Arcade and Vista this summer
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been much-anticipated but finally coming soon: Sensible World of Soccer - the original and best football game of all time comes to Xbox Live Arcade and Windows Vista in the summer!

Welcome to the first of the Sensible World of Soccer newsletters, where, over the next few months, I'll be going wild over the latest news about one of the most thrilling game releases for many a year.
I'll also be highlighting in-depth details about the game, through our SWOS forum articles we started running in mid-February.

Firstly, and most importantly, as any fool knows, Sensible World of Soccer (SWOS) was born out of the original version of Sensible Soccer in 1994. Further iterations came each year until 1997. But it's the
1996 game, regarding as the pinnacle of the series, that'll form the basis of the Xbox Live Arcade/Vista game released this summer. And we're committed *not to change a thing* about the game's core gameplay.

For more details on this, check out my forum post on the core code:
Codemasters forum - SWOS Insider 2: The Core Code

But what changes will there be to bring the game into the 21st Century? Well, to make the game dazzle on Xbox 360 and Vista we've given you the option to update the graphics to high-definition if you want to. As our Director of Casual Gaming recently said on the
subject:

"Mode 1 will be the original Amiga game (we haven't touched the core game code) with enhanced graphics and enhanced game features. Mode 2 will be the actual original Amiga game from the mid-90s."

Read more of this newsworthy interview here:
Codemasters forum - First SWOS Q&A

We've also highlighted the controls you'll be using in "Sensible World of Soccer" this summer. This could be perceived as a boring subject to some, but as SWOS renowned for its one button action, it's an important one that we had to get right! And the Xbox 360 and PC control system mirrors the simplicity of the original game - this should be a 'given' with a game like SWOS. For more details on the controls, check out the article here:
Codemasters forum - SWOS Insider 4: Controls

Finally this month, as if all of this wasn't enough, we're offering you the chance to be featured in the game.

Yes, you. In Sensible World of Soccer.

One of the oft-remembered parts of the SWOS was the weird and wonderful team and player names in the custom team section. So as we update these for the new century we're asking for your suggestions, with the best 15 from the community appearing in the final Xbox Live Arcade version of the game!

The competition couldn't be simpler. For more details, head over to the forum thread on the competition, here:
Codemasters forum - SWOS Insider 3: Competition Time!

One word of advice though; get your team in quick - the competition finishes this coming Monday, the 19th, at 9am!
:cool:

DJ Dunk 13 April 2007 06:22 PM

Looking good :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ec395aba4o.jpg

spectrum48k 13 April 2007 06:26 PM

Yeah!!!! ;)

DJ Dunk 13 April 2007 06:28 PM

:D

Bravo2zero_sps 13 April 2007 07:16 PM

Is there a release date yet? :cool:

DJ Dunk 14 April 2007 12:12 AM

Nothing solid, still quoted as Summer 2007 :)

King Eric 14 April 2007 01:58 PM

Superb. PMSL@Sti how true mate, how true!

There was a right back who played for some obsure team in the eastern block who was really fast. And I remember Aprilla being lethal quick as well. Shearer was different class on that game

And the diving headers!

What a game

Who else remembers cannon fodder??????

rik1471 15 April 2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by King Eric (Post 6835940)
Superb. PMSL@Sti how true mate, how true!

There was a right back who played for some obsure team in the eastern block who was really fast. And I remember Aprilla being lethal quick as well. Shearer was different class on that game

And the diving headers!

What a game

Who else remembers cannon fodder??????

Cannon Fodder - best game intro ever - YouTube - Cannon Fodder Amiga game intro

chrisowe 03 December 2007 09:31 PM

Its finally being released on the 19th December. I might have me Xbox back by then.:thumb:

Prasius 03 December 2007 09:34 PM

Everyone must get this game. Even as someone who hates football, sensible soccer is one of the greatest games ever made. :)

jowl 04 December 2007 07:47 AM

So, who's starting the Campaign for a Real Zipstick (CARZ?)

King Eric 05 December 2007 01:25 PM

LOL

This will be cool if we can play Xbox Live leagues and stuff. Although I fear that graphically it will look really poor :(