ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Gangs - Gang culture (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/587315-gangs-gang-culture.html)

The Zohan 28 February 2007 01:03 PM

Gangs - Gang culture

BBC NEWS | Magazine | Street life

It is a long artical but worth a read, a depressing read TBH!

KiwiGTI 28 February 2007 02:14 PM

It's pretty old news, initiation rites or ceremonies are common place to get into gangs.

I think some of the worst have been the motorcycle gangs and Aryan gangs in LA where you have to kill someone first.

Remember when I joined the Hells Angels I had to run the gauntlet, all the member lined up facing each other and you had to run between them and try and reach the end while they all laid into you, some with bike chains. Toughened me up though.

DCI Gene Hunt 28 February 2007 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6705497)
Remember when I joined the Brownies I had to run the gauntlet, all the members lined up facing each other and you had to run between them and try and reach the end while they all pulled at your pigtails, some with sharp nails. Toughened me up though.

...................;)

The Zohan 28 February 2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 6705710)
...................;)

Now i know i shouldn't but - LMFAO!

When i was in 'nam we used to.....

The Zohan 28 February 2007 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6705497)
It's pretty old news, initiation rites or ceremonies are common place to get into gangs.

Remember when I joined the Hells Angels I had to run the gauntlet, all the member lined up facing each other and you had to run between them and try and reach the end while they all laid into you, some with bike chains. Toughened me up though.

"It's pretty old news, initiation rites or ceremonies are common place to get into gangs"

Goes without saying really

"I think some of the worst have been the motorcycle gangs and Aryan gangs in LA where you have to kill someone first."

Yes, that's LA, not London

"Remember when I joined the Hells Angels I had to run the gauntlet, all the member lined up facing each other and you had to run between them and try and reach the end while they all laid into you, some with bike chains. Toughened me up though"

Cool, not something i was ever invloved with, Had several Yamaha enduro bikes and leather jackets over the years;)

What worries me is the way the gang culture sems to be catching on in the same way it has in the US and the ease that gang members seem to turn to violence and firearms use, have no respect for anyone else and seem to be flourishhing!

KiwiGTI 28 February 2007 03:40 PM

That's the sorry state of our youth, spotty and weedy kids that think they are as tough as LA gangsters in leafy, green England.

DCI Gene Hunt 28 February 2007 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6705814)
That's the sorry state of our youth, spotty and weedy kids that think they are as tough as LA gangsters in leafy, green England.

Doesn't matter how spotty or weedy they are if armed with a gun or knife, its the modern influence of rap music and tv though....:(

Holy Ghost 28 February 2007 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 6705842)
Doesn't matter how spotty or weedy they are if armed with a gun or knife, its the modern influence of rap music and tv though....:(

you hit the nail on the head there detective chief inspector. gangsta rap is unbelievably pernicious: i'd say it's the most poisonous cultural toxin that the US has ever exported. mix it with a teenage brain and you've got trouble. ban it & you make it more potent and attractive. but how do you defuse its effects??

add to that:

- urban policing that's hobbled by political correctness, poor human rights legislation and a half-cocked liberal mindset - resulting in police that have lost control of hardcore street crime.
- predatory drug access/dealing that generates easy cash

.. all exacerbated by poverty.

don't treat the symptoms, treat the cause. and i fear the cause is five decades of increasingly feeble leadership: socially, politically and legally.

gatty 28 February 2007 04:13 PM

imported crime

look back at old England..........respect, respect, respect.

now..........nanny state brainwashed pc power .? lack of respect big time!

look at other european countries with national service and with out mass american influence, "greece" do they have our gutter level problems?

KiwiGTI 28 February 2007 04:13 PM

We need US style cops and prisons over here. No more namby pamby local bobby stuff or police driving around in fiestas or astras. They need to be feared.

And the bottom line is we'll never get rid of crime but we may as well be extra tough on those that commit it.

gatty 28 February 2007 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6705907)
We need US style cops and prisons over here. No more namby pamby local bobby stuff or police driving around in fiestas or astras. They need to be feared.

And the bottom line is we'll never get rid of crime but we may as well be extra tough on those that commit it.

i dont agree kiwi i think once you start that game its no going back:(

make prisons a ****e place to be and make offenders do all there time not half .

i agree though about the fear ..........fear of national service for EVERY 16 year old fear of guantamino bay style prisons parents fear a non nanny pc government who hold dumb stupid parents responsable for there delinquent chavs hoodies gangsters style kids.

but as pete brynt is in dreamland as much as me i think were stuck in a crap country with gutter level as standard. only to plummit in the future.

do you know we have quarrentine for animals?.........why cant we have it for all the immogrants? who knows what kind of past they have? or what there capable of?

i am sure there was a day when we could just control our own when the underground kept things clean and the bobbys picked up the rest. But now with yardies, triads, pakistani drug gangs and massive eastern european mafia in the uk what chance is there with right on nanny state in charge??????????????????????:cry:

DCI Gene Hunt 28 February 2007 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost (Post 6705891)
gangsta rap is unbelievably pernicious: i'd say it's the most poisonous cultural toxin that the US has ever exported. mix it with a teenage brain and you've got trouble. ban it & you make it more potent and attractive. but how do you defuse its effects??

Eurovision RAP Contest........ sorted, it would be sooooooo un hip the youth of today would drop it like a hot one ;)

Then we'd all go charging back to the 'new romantic' era........ where the worse you'd get is maced with a tin of Harmony hairspray :D

"We fade to grey..........." *DCI Dad dances new romantic stylee* :thumb:

gatty 28 February 2007 07:58 PM

likes of playstation x box and that , you can play some right grusome stuff never for kids????????? perental guidence yeah right!! surely this aint helping