ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Where to recruit for computer people? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/587104-where-to-recruit-for-computer-people.html)

bren.wright 27 February 2007 06:43 PM

Where to recruit for computer people?

Hi guys,

We are recruiting at work and have the position on the usual websites like totaljobs, reed, monster and cwjobs.

The response from these sites have been terrible though and I have 50 CVs that have gone straight to the bin.

Anybody know where else to advertise.

The roll is a web designer so it's hardly the most technical position, some of the CVs have been comical though!

Cheers

Bren

Dracoro 27 February 2007 06:59 PM

jobserve.co.uk

wherever you advertise, you'll have loads of peeps applying.

bren.wright 27 February 2007 07:25 PM

Not had 1 CV that is worth a 2nd look yet though, it's like people just applied and didn't even bother to read the job description.

molko 27 February 2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by bren.wright (Post 6703014)
Not had 1 CV that is worth a 2nd look yet though, it's like people just applied and didn't even bother to read the job description.

what position are you recruiting for ?

staffs Mike 27 February 2007 09:57 PM

I've never applied for a job on CW jobs but i've been offered one from a company who found my CV on there. So you can always try browsing through the CV's...

What kind of level web designer are you looking for? If it's junior it may be an idea to check out some of the better universities..most of them have message boards for post grad job opportunities.

I realise this means you have to put the effort into find people rather than them finding you but sometimes thats the only way you get what you're looking for :thumb:

boxst 27 February 2007 10:01 PM

Hello

I just advertised on Jobserve and got one reply.

Steve

pimmo2000 27 February 2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bren.wright (Post 6702791)
Hi guys,

We are recruiting at work and have the position on the usual websites like totaljobs, reed, monster and cwjobs.

The response from these sites have been terrible though and I have 50 CVs that have gone straight to the bin.

Anybody know where else to advertise.

The roll is a web designer so it's hardly the most technical position, some of the CVs have been comical though!

Cheers

Bren

I'm searching for IT work, if your local to Wallasey PM the job description and I'll forward my CV if I match it:thumb:

KiwiGTI 27 February 2007 11:36 PM

Jobserve is where any talent would generally be looking, but you are going to have to sort through the rubbish.

RichB 28 February 2007 08:18 AM

Have you tried Find a Job - GisaJob

TopBanana 28 February 2007 10:38 AM

Jobserve is the one to go for. Try to highlight more perks, like any interesting technology you might be using. The money has to be right too

KiwiGTI 28 February 2007 10:52 AM

For all the whinging that goes on about outsourcing, it's actually a pretty strong market for the employees at the moment. Plenty to pick and chose from.