ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   PC Monitor Keeps Switching Itself Off (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/586517-pc-monitor-keeps-switching-itself-off.html)

Terzo 333 25 February 2007 05:14 PM

PC Monitor Keeps Switching Itself Off

My pc monitor keeps switching itself off and I don't know why :mad:

I can switch it on and use it for about 2 seconds and off it goes :confused:

I have tried unplugging it and have left it overnight but come back to it and it is no betteer.

It is a Packard Bell computer with a 19" lcd monitor. When i say it switches itself off, it doesn't actually as there is still a green power light on, what actually happens is the picture dissapears.

Is it buggered ?

Thanks

AudiLover 25 February 2007 05:16 PM

happened to me. Its fooked. If you keep turnin it on it will blow eventually. Time to buy a new one.

Terzo 333 25 February 2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6694925)
happened to me. Its fooked. If you keep turnin it on it will blow eventually. Time to buy a new one.

Damn :mad: How long should a monitor last, I don't even think it is 2 years old...

mike1210 25 February 2007 06:12 PM

longer than that id imagine, you've been unlucky I finks

below shows pc pro reviews of widescreen

PC Pro: Product Reviews: Labs

below shows reviews of 19" TFT's

PC Pro: Product Reviews: Labs: 19in TFTs

:)

lightning101 25 February 2007 07:06 PM

Just for your info - 95% of all flat panels have a 3 year on-site warranty.

Davey P 25 February 2007 07:13 PM

Does this only happen when your in windows? If so, have you changed the screen resolution to something the monitor can't handle.

Terzo 333 26 February 2007 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Davey P (Post 6695321)
Does this only happen when your in windows? If so, have you changed the screen resolution to something the monitor can't handle.

I haven't knowingly altered any settings, but the monitor won't stay on long enough to let me find out :mad:

I think mine is one of the 5% that only has a one year warranty :mad:

I'm going to take it back to pc world this afternoon but don't expect they'll be able to help...

lpski1 26 February 2007 02:25 PM

my screen has been doing exactly that, its a digimate 17" TFT. I think i did play around with the screen res a while back before it started. I'll have a fiddle to try and reset it tonight. :mad:

Terzo 333 26 February 2007 04:10 PM

I spoke to the manufacturer this morning (Proview) Apparantley it is a known problem with TFT's, and once it starts happening it is game over for the screen :rolleyes: It has nothing to do withj screen resolutions etc

PC World will say it is out of warranty, I will throw the sale of goods act 1979 back at them (not fit for purpose for 6 years etc) and see what happens...

lpski1 26 February 2007 04:13 PM

im only a year into the warranty but the screen really is a flaky shoddy built piece of ****e with weak connections, im not sure i want it anyway. I'll spend a bit more on the next one and get something decent that weighs more than a teabag. :D

Terzo 333 14 March 2007 09:21 PM

Result :thumb:

Got a letter through the post this morning...£150 worth of PC World vouchers are heading my way :thumb::D

Sale of Good Act I salute you :notworthy

(Oh and a :thumb: to PC World :luxhello: