ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   Hello! Newbie here... (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/585951-hello-newbie-here.html)

[MikeyB] 23 February 2007 01:18 PM

Hello! Newbie here...

Hi All, been around the forum for a couple of months and I'd like to finally join the WYIOC pretty please!

What do I need to do, is it going to cost, and where's the best place to keep up to date with meets etc?

My motor is poorly at the moment, but pick it up next Saturday (week tomorrow) so will be up for meeting, rolling roading etc after then. Don't think i will be able to make it to Scooby Clinic for the rolling road day, but if I can, I'll see some of you there.

Cheers, MikeyB

BULLITT 23 February 2007 01:58 PM

Hi, welcome to the 'Madhouse' :D

PM Alan C about join WYIOC, He can sort of the details for you.

sherburn spen 23 February 2007 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by [MikeyB] (Post 6688691)
Hi All, been around the forum for a couple of months and I'd like to finally join the WYIOC pretty please!

What do I need to do, is it going to cost, and where's the best place to keep up to date with meets etc?

My motor is poorly at the moment, but pick it up next Saturday (week tomorrow) so will be up for meeting, rolling roading etc after then. Don't think i will be able to make it to Scooby Clinic for the rolling road day, but if I can, I'll see some of you there.

Cheers, MikeyB

where abouts r u m8 and more importantly what u driving and what u having done to motor. End Of Month meet you have just missed (was last night).last thursday in the month at squires near sherburn in elmet.Good luck:thumb:

white scooby 23 February 2007 02:38 PM

Welcome :thumb:

Have a read through this thread https://www.scoobynet.com/wyioc-even...ue-events.html

Gives you all the info on the club, and the benefits of parting with your £25 :D

Princess on board 23 February 2007 02:39 PM

Welcome to the WYIOC :D

Club meets last Thursday of each month - Squires
Jap Meet - first Tuesday of each month - squires

Lots of other events and stuff coming up....

POB :luxhello:

[MikeyB] 23 February 2007 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by sherburn spen (Post 6688883)
where abouts r u m8 and more importantly what u driving and what u having done to motor. End Of Month meet you have just missed (was last night).last thursday in the month at squires near sherburn in elmet.Good luck:thumb:

In from Halifax mate, my car is an 03 WRX and it's having a new gearbox at the minute, can't wait to get her back!!

Will be well up for the next meet then, and who do I send my well earned £25 for joining?

Cheers for the good welcome all! :thumb:

MickWrx 23 February 2007 04:52 PM

Hi fella and welcome to the WYIOC

Superb club with so much to offer, the best of which is friendship and laughs

[MikeyB] 23 February 2007 05:09 PM

Here's a pic of my motor incase you see me about..

http://images20.fotki.com/v390/photo...MG_2938-vi.jpg

skywalker23 23 February 2007 05:32 PM

Nice motor mate and welcome to WYIOC...:thumb:

PAUL CRAFTS 23 February 2007 06:09 PM

Hi mate, & welcome to the nut club.:)
Keep your eyes out for the club Ninja,u will know him when u see him cos he is the best looking kid in the club.:p :) .

stuart148 23 February 2007 06:17 PM

dont think so paul,,,you aint been a kid for ,,,well a **** load of years,,about 55 i think

keep off the coal juice kid lol

stu

stuart148 23 February 2007 06:19 PM

by the way,,,mikeyb ,,,welcome to the club

stu

PAUL CRAFTS 23 February 2007 06:22 PM

Up your's Stu,& u know i am right :p
By the way u up for the next track day at elvington..:thumb:

[MikeyB] 23 February 2007 06:24 PM

When is the track day mate? I'm up for any type of track day! :D

stuart148 23 February 2007 06:25 PM

oh yes mate defo up for the track day next time ,,thought i was collin mc on the way home from the last one

might need to nick a bit of coal juice off you thou ,,to keep up with yours

stu

PAUL CRAFTS 23 February 2007 06:38 PM

Not sure of the date yet mate, just keep an eye on the threads.Got to say Stu that vauxhall was a top car & hats off to the driver, top driving that was..

Alan C 23 February 2007 06:47 PM

MikeyB.. welcome mate...

The friendly responses are what we're all about...:thumb:

Simon is the Club Treasurer and he, or I, will be on hand at most meets to let you know the details.. But the thread Si has linked to tells you all the top level stuff you need to know...

Best thing to do is come to the Top Gear meet, this Sunday at Squires, say Hi and generally get stuck in with the banter and events...

If it's not done soon, I'll post a starter to get everyone down to watch TG over a Milky Coffee with some mates... top stuff.. :thumb:

I'm off for a bath now.. to listen to my Ipod.. unwind and have a beer... :luxhello:

I agree about watching out for the the Ninja..:D

BRI STI 23 February 2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by skywalker23 (Post 6689363)
Nice motor mate and welcome to WYIOC...:thumb:

The colour is ok to like scott said welcome :thumb:

theboy 23 February 2007 07:07 PM

Well thats two of us from Halifax

fl6 23 February 2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS (Post 6689464)
Hi mate, & welcome to the nut club.:)
Keep your eyes out for the club Ninja,u will know him when u see him cos he is the best looking kid in the club.:p :) .

:iamwithst :iamwithst :iamwithst hahaha mr crafts
welcome to the club ( mad house weres russ abbott ):cuckoo:

fl6 23 February 2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by theboy (Post 6689669)
Well thats two of us from Halifax

well you can both get the same taxi naw:lol1:

fl6 23 February 2007 07:19 PM

:Suspiciou and not a word from jb

BRI STI 23 February 2007 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by [MikeyB] (Post 6688691)

Cheers, MikeyB

If you fancy a cupper sunday night at squires get your sen up anytime after 7.00..:thumb:

[MikeyB] 25 February 2007 06:14 PM

Cheers all, can't make tonight as my motor is still at API, don't fancy showing up in my moms Corsa with pink steering wheel cover! :cuckoo:

Where is the squires then where you meet up?

theboy 25 February 2007 07:06 PM

You can always follow me over. I go A64 and then take Tadcaster turn off. On towards Sherburn keeping a eye out for coppers turn right at cross roads and its about 1 1/2 down road. But after all that i expect some smart arse will just put a map up for ya

[MikeyB] 27 February 2007 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Alan C (Post 6689585)
MikeyB.. welcome mate...

The friendly responses are what we're all about...:thumb:

Simon is the Club Treasurer and he, or I, will be on hand at most meets to let you know the details.. But the thread Si has linked to tells you all the top level stuff you need to know...

Best thing to do is come to the Top Gear meet, this Sunday at Squires, say Hi and generally get stuck in with the banter and events...

If it's not done soon, I'll post a starter to get everyone down to watch TG over a Milky Coffee with some mates... top stuff.. :thumb:

I'm off for a bath now.. to listen to my Ipod.. unwind and have a beer... :luxhello:

I agree about watching out for the the Ninja..:D

Cheers Alan, can't really do the Sunday evenings but will definitely come along the the regular meets. I'll keep my eye out for the next one.