ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   No connection to one web site (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/585408-no-connection-to-one-web-site.html)

Paul .G 21 February 2007 07:24 PM

No connection to one web site

Hey up,

Help!!
I am having problems connecting to my web site. it will be OK for a while then I will lose connection, I cant ftp, collect mail or connect to the site. During this time I can connect to other web sites fine. The connection will come back on its own if I leave it a couple of minutes.

I have got two PC's through a router connected to NTL. The problem is only on one PC, I can connect to the site on the other PC fine.
I have disabled my AV/firewall (NOD32/ZoneLab pro) but this makes no difference and I have tried using different browsers while this is happening (IE6,7 and Firefox) but still makes no difference.

What kind of setting should I be looking for that would only affect one site?

Thanks,
Paul

pimmo2000 21 February 2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Paul .G (Post 6682104)
Hey up,

Help!!
I am having problems connecting to my web site. it will be OK for a while then I will lose connection, I cant ftp, collect mail or connect to the site. During this time I can connect to other web sites fine. The connection will come back on its own if I leave it a couple of minutes.

I have got two PC's through a router connected to NTL. The problem is only on one PC, I can connect to the site on the other PC fine.
I have disabled my AV/firewall (NOD32/ZoneLab pro) but this makes no difference and I have tried using different browsers while this is happening (IE6,7 and Firefox) but still makes no difference.

What kind of setting should I be looking for that would only affect one site?

Thanks,
Paul

Its obviously a setting on the PC if the site works ok from other PCs

As your USing NTL I would suggest the NTL proxy

195.188.152.6 port 3128

Paul .G 22 February 2007 08:08 PM

Thanks,
I am putting this in the right place?
Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan

As when I enter this it will not load any web pages?

Paul

pimmo2000 23 February 2007 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Paul .G (Post 6686094)
Thanks,
I am putting this in the right place?
Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan

As when I enter this it will not load any web pages?

Paul

hmmm does it say
Forbidden

You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.

if so the proxy isn't allowing you, if not its broke ... dunno maybe its down sorry mate

Paul .G 23 February 2007 03:33 PM

Yes thats the error!

I have found a list of proxy servers from here.

Added this url:
manc-cache-1.server.ntli.net

Does this look right?

All is working currently, I normaly lose connection once or twice a night so will have to see how I go.

Paul

Paul .G 25 February 2007 08:43 PM

Another question,
Would this proxy server issue affect ftp? or just browsing through ie / firefox ??

pimmo2000 26 February 2007 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Paul .G (Post 6695585)
Another question,
Would this proxy server issue affect ftp? or just browsing through ie / firefox ??

depends how you access the ftp