ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Torrent site for tv shows (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/585380-torrent-site-for-tv-shows.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 21 February 2007 06:38 PM

Torrent site for tv shows

Can anybody recomend one as I have tried using tvtorrents.com but its credit system is useless as no one uploaded off me once I downloaded something so all credits have been used up and can't download anything else form the site :rolleyes:

I want to use a membership site as they have the fastest trackers/best seeder to leecher ratios, the free ones are too slow and you don't ever get near your bandwidth limit.

Want it mainly for Lost abut also want to see the new series Heroes so many people are going on about.

TIA :)

boxst 21 February 2007 06:52 PM

Hello Bob

But if you don't upload, most of the membership sites are not going to keep you long.

I use Mini Nova as I get good speed if I do it weekly. (i.e. tomorrow morning if I download Lost I'll get 1.5mb/s).

Steve

Edit: Arg, I meant mininova.org of course ..

Bravo2zero_sps 21 February 2007 07:00 PM

Hi Steve

i'm connectable and no one was uploading off me because what I downloaded was old and everyone who wanted it already had it. Not a lot I can do about that!

Other sites i've used for other things I have good ratios, they just don't do tv shows. Its no good allowing you to download one item and then stop you downloading because you haven't immediately got a 1:1 ratio

gotmashed 21 February 2007 10:36 PM

bitsoup.org never fails me however they have a limit of users which i think is full but if you do a google search for it you can find and use the sign up page to get on :). They keep track of what you download and upload as well so people dont just nab and run.

pimmo2000 21 February 2007 10:55 PM

Demonoid.com

joey_turbo 21 February 2007 11:07 PM

www.supertorrents.org
always has the latest tv shows. Lost is on there, hours after its on in the states. If you get something good, and early, you'll always be able to seed.
PM me if you want an invite.

scoobyschef 22 February 2007 12:10 AM

Home
worth a\look at

RB5-Black 22 February 2007 07:17 AM

EZTV - One of the best sources for TV torrent online

Site allows you to make an RSS that auto scans in Azereus and downloads the new episodes when they come up (via the my shows section) it's ace :D

Bravo2zero_sps 22 February 2007 08:54 AM

Nice one, will have a look at that when I get home and test it with last night's Lost episode :thumb:

boxst 22 February 2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by RB5-Black (Post 6683501)
EZTV - One of the best sources for TV torrent online

Site allows you to make an RSS that auto scans in Azereus and downloads the new episodes when they come up (via the my shows section) it's ace :D

#

That's actually not bad ... downloading Lost and Jericho at the same time and getting 900 kb/s for Lost and 200 kb/s for Jericho.

Steve

RB5-Black 22 February 2007 11:55 AM

The RSS takes a bit of working with but it's well worth it in the end. I leave my machine on 24/7 allow everything to seed until 1:1 and remove it's self.

Perfect for when I'm offshore and the Girlfriend must have ER and Grey's :D .... no long tech support type phone calls on how to use torrents :rolleyes:

RMA26 22 February 2007 12:07 PM

www.torrentspy.com

www.torrentbox.com

www.meganova.org

www.rollyo.org

www.isohunt.com

www.torrentz.com

Bravo2zero_sps 22 February 2007 09:21 PM

Those are not membership sites and therefore slow and pretty poor trackers where everyone hits and runs. I only use those when I can't find what I want on membership sites.

gotmashed 22 February 2007 09:53 PM

So how do you get an invite to some of these sites ?

AndyP's_P1 22 February 2007 09:57 PM

I get all the lost downloads from Torrentspy.com - The Largest Bit Torrent Search Engine

Bravo2zero_sps 22 February 2007 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by gotmashed (Post 6686536)
So how do you get an invite to some of these sites ?

You need to get an invite request off of generous people like Joey :thumb: Basically regular users of the sites that are closed to registration will get a number of invites they can give to mates. Its so the membership of the site doesn't get overloaded with hit and runners and kept to a list of people who know each other and are going to responsible leechers/seeders. You need to know members of the sites that are invite only so you can get invited in.

ronjeramy 22 February 2007 11:41 PM

http://www.torrentleech.org/browse.php if you can get on

ScoobyDriverWannabe 23 February 2007 02:14 AM

Doubt they will ever open torrentleech for public registration. Dont think it gets many TV shows on it although its were iv been getting my episodes of the unit recently.

However once i get my upload upto 25 i become a power user & recieve invites.
:) depending how nicely you ask i may invite 1 or 2 of you.

Bravo2zero_sps 23 February 2007 06:50 AM

*AHEM* thats one site along with torrentbytes that I would very much like to get an invite for so could I possibly put my name down for one of those invites?

DJ Dunk 23 February 2007 08:01 AM

Send me your email addy Bob ;)

DJ Dunk 23 February 2007 08:04 AM

Also try uknova.com for the latest UK shows.

gotmashed 23 February 2007 09:45 AM

:)

davegtt 23 February 2007 09:50 AM

SuperTorrents for me. The trick is download stuff you dont want either but is popular otherwise you will never have a good ratio. :thumb:

Otherwise if I want a film I get it from Torrentspy.com - The Largest Bit Torrent Search Engine

P1Fanatic 23 February 2007 03:03 PM

TvTorrents.COM -

Only one I use.

Simon

StickyMicky 23 February 2007 05:00 PM

irc.phazenet.com

i think the room is called #opmovies or #op-movies

!barney1uk should give you his server list, open this in wordpad, and he has every single lost, all prison breaks, invasion, etc etc

i have the details stored on the desktop at home, will try and remember to double check them when i get home

IIRC phazenet also uses SSL, which helps some people :)

badcompany 27 February 2007 09:24 PM

Toplist of Torrent Sites --- powered by www.BitComet.com

awesome list :thumb:

joey_turbo 27 February 2007 10:14 PM

I got plenty of invites for supertorrents.org. They are changing the invite system soon, so its going to be pretty hard to sign up. let me know if anyone wants an invite.

kingofturds 17 April 2007 01:59 PM

??

Anyone have any ideas why I cant use bit torrent on my new laptop? (vista) all works fine until I start using bit torrent then it messes up my internet accsess and I have to restart my laptop:wonder:

pimmo2000 17 April 2007 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6844109)
Anyone have any ideas why I cant use bit torrent on my new laptop? (vista) all works fine until I start using bit torrent then it messes up my internet accsess and I have to restart my laptop:wonder:

could be a firewall kicking in when you open the ports:Suspiciou

stevem2k 17 April 2007 03:24 PM

faster/quicker to get them off easynews....