ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Audley Harrison... (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/584232-audley-harrison.html)

v5 man 18 February 2007 12:17 AM

Audley Harrison...

What a mug!! :lol1:

I can`t stand the guy and hopefully his career is over tonight after that crunching left hook :D

Well done to Amir Khan too, another quality knockout shot :notworthy

v5 man 18 February 2007 12:19 AM

btw, if anyones free right now, switch on ITV1 and watch the Earl fight!!! One of the best i`ve seen in years :)

Funkii Munkii 18 February 2007 08:43 AM

Great punch by Khan, Bam have that !!

haroldhettaturbo 18 February 2007 08:56 AM

Didnt see audleys fight i take it he lost.

Fantastic punch by khan, good night :lol1:

The earl fight was great , dont no how he went 5 rounds after the 1st 2.

David Lock 18 February 2007 09:12 AM

Yes Harrison lost in the 3rd. A sort of left hook but really a hard swinging haymaker which Harrison didn't see coming and caught him very hard on the jaw. He was out of it for a couple of minutes or so. Hard to see what he can do now outside nightclub bouncing :)

Khan - great stuff. He will go onto great things.

That Earl fight was stupendous. Every round was like the last 30 seconds of a final round with both fighters going for broke. dl

terryb 18 February 2007 09:12 AM

Audley is a complete BUM - worst excuse for a heavyweight boxer I have ever seen....

Just reading up on the BBC website about his previous fight - a TKO against Danny Williams, and a post match comment by Harrison made me laugh...

"In 2007 I will win the world title, in 2008 I will be undisputed. You saw today I have definitely got the skills"

I think now he should realise that it is time to finally hang up his gloves... :D:D:D

Bravo2zero_sps 18 February 2007 12:01 PM

The Earl fight was like something out of a Rocky film, but being real it was superb to see. What amazing stamina and resolve that bloke has to come out of such a mauling and still rock his openent several times. I think his corner did the right thing pulling him out as the bloke would have continued until he was hospitalised.

David Lock 18 February 2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 6669921)
The Earl fight was like something out of a Rocky film, but being real it was superb to see. What amazing stamina and resolve that bloke has to come out of such a mauling and still rock his openent several times. I think his corner did the right thing pulling him out as the bloke would have continued until he was hospitalised.

Agree with that. Probably should have been stopped after his first few knockdowns TBH. An irony being that they had a tribute after the boxing to the guy who had his brains frazelled by Nigel Benn a decade ago; there can't be a better example of what can happen. Perhaps something to do with the brain being soft tissue not designed to be battered about :rolleyes:

Funkii Munkii 18 February 2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 6670001)
Agree with that. Probably should have been stopped after his first few knockdowns TBH. An irony being that they had a tribute after the boxing to the guy who had his brains frazelled by Nigel Benn a decade ago; there can't be a better example of what can happen. Perhaps something to do with the brain being soft tissue not designed to be battered about :rolleyes:

Closest I've seen to Benn v McClelland, the greatest fight I ever saw. that whole Benn, Eubank, Watson era was brutal, it's unlikely there will be that many quality fighters at one weight around at the same time again IMHO.

Sorry I can't associate Audrey and Boxing.

Listening to 5live on Friday evening they were discussing Boxing and a yank was on there saying we will wont see so many great heavy weights coming out of the states because the other sports are getting to them 1st and paying a lot more money the kids know the real money is and its baseball, Basketball and egg chasing.

The Chief 18 February 2007 11:16 PM

I've yet to meet a person who likes Harrison, to me he seems to have a great big f**king chip on his shoulder - everytime he fights a bum and wins he is first to slate his critics and make a big song and dance.

got his come uppance last night and about time.

Laugh i nearly wet me-self.

he is and has never been anything special and hopefully will fade away.