ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   ford customer service. (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/583812-ford-customer-service.html)

Jamo 16 February 2007 03:12 PM

ford customer service.

a friend of mine (female) realised last night as she leftr work in matlock, that her two dipped bulbs wernt working, main was fine (just normal headlights, not the xenon type) so she went to the local ford garge and asked them if they would mind fitting her two new bulbs into her focus.

yes no problem.

£69!!! for two bulbs and fitting.

robbing gits.

Playsatan 16 February 2007 03:28 PM

To change the bulb on my focus you have to remove the headlight from the car, it's a really stupid design. It probably took them an hour or so.

Bat-Fink 16 February 2007 03:38 PM

Some cars,Fiesta IIRC needs the bumper taken off to change the bulbs.

Jamo 16 February 2007 03:58 PM

i rang and asked them, they quote 20 mins to sort it.

she said on the phone it wouldnt be more than £20 labour. and the bulbs are £9.95 a pair.

i exlained after about my true reason for calling. they said i can comment on that you would need to speak to a manager. lol

WayneG555 16 February 2007 04:06 PM

I owned a focus before the Impreza and you don't need to remove the headlights just remove the box at the back. Changed mine over in about 10 min!! They always charge too much!!! Had my first service done at my local fords and they tried to charge me for a new air filter even though i had a induction kit on it!!!

Wayne

Playsatan 16 February 2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by WayneG555 (Post 6665010)
I owned a focus before the Impreza and you don't need to remove the headlights just remove the box at the back. Changed mine over in about 10 min!! They always charge too much!!! Had my first service done at my local fords and they tried to charge me for a new air filter even though i had a induction kit on it!!!

Wayne

Did you own a mkI or mk1.5? If you can do it on the nearside on a facelift model with the light in place you must be a member of the magic circle or have hands the size of a 3 year old.

sjwent 16 February 2007 05:06 PM

Alright not a ford but .......

VW wanted £56 to change one HT lead - they didn't get it.

scoobyboy1 16 February 2007 05:06 PM

Nothing suprises me with Ford dealers!!!!

Last time I went into Fords, I ordered some Turbo gaskets for my RS, next day I went in to pick them up, and they had buggered my order up and ordered me a set of Focus wheel trims!!!!:cuckoo:

To be honest I wouldnt trust them to change the bulbs in my car!!!!

davedipster 17 February 2007 11:06 PM

I took my wifes focus into our local dealer to buy a wing mirror glass. After I had paid, the guy offered to fit the mirror because they can be a pain to fit and can break. All sorted for just the cost of the mirror. Top stuff.
Bishops stortford dealer.

dipster

Mortywrx 17 February 2007 11:32 PM

Was going to get my ST-2 Focus serviced at a main ford garage(Benfield Ford on York Road Leeds) £158.00 any way I was passing another local ford dealer coopers of oulton and for the same first service they wanted £100 so booked it in there and they even valeted it afterwards. Top dealer, will be going there next time.

Darren

Ps there is no way your getting behind these lights on the new shape focus especially mine with the 2.5 engine in there....

WayneG555 20 March 2007 04:51 PM

Drag this up again!!

Originally Posted by Playsatan (Post 6665126)
Did you own a mkI or mk1.5? If you can do it on the nearside on a facelift model with the light in place you must be a member of the magic circle or have hands the size of a 3 year old.

I had a mark1.5 (03 plate) it it was a complete nightmare to change the bulbs but it is possible. Although i did loose a few knuckles!!!!

Wayne