ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/583416-help-needed-asap.html)

J_sca001 15 February 2007 09:02 AM

HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!

Hi folks,

I have a bugeye MY01 STI and it has equal headers, so i'm told??

It's not got that lovely high rev burble.

I'm after some unequal lentgh after market headers new or second hand. If i get the unequal aftermarket headers will the car lose or gain power over the standard equal lentgh headers???:confused: :confused:

funkyspider 15 February 2007 09:56 AM

loose power - I'd leave the ones you have, unless they are cracked.

weslad 15 February 2007 11:44 AM

equal headers are an upgrade arnt they ? , unless you really want the burble back it would be better to leave then , has any one got and sound files of equal length headers ? ........

simo 15 February 2007 11:55 AM

Zen Performance do some nice s/steel unequal length headers that still offer a decent power increase over standard & you get the burble back :thumb:

J_sca001 15 February 2007 01:11 PM

Thanks for info, but........

Confusing???:(

Conflicting information???:confused:

Would after market unequal lentgh headers make my car lose power over the standard STI equal lentgh ones????????:confused: :confused:

J_sca001 15 February 2007 01:18 PM

bttt

simo 15 February 2007 01:25 PM

All standard UK STI cars have unequal ones from the factory. If yours is a UK car & has equal length headers they are aftermarket ones.

IIRC JDM spec C cars from 03 onwards have factory equal length headers as standard

J_sca001 15 February 2007 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by simo (Post 6661084)
All standard UK STI cars have unequal ones from the factory. If yours is a UK car & has equal length headers they are aftermarket ones.

IIRC JDM spec C cars from 03 onwards have factory equal length headers as standard

Mine is an import if that helps.:confused:

J_sca001 15 February 2007 05:41 PM

BTTT:(

funkyspider 15 February 2007 06:34 PM

Why dont you just use the search function and type "equal length headers", you will see that equal length headers are fitted because they offer a better gas flow over unequal.

Go on try the search.. I dare ya

And whats with the ASAP, have you got a spanner in your hand ready to remove the downpipe, up-pipe to get to the headers ? :rolleyes:

weslad 15 February 2007 07:16 PM

they should give your car more power over standard headers.......

J_sca001 15 February 2007 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by funkyspider (Post 6662033)
Why dont you just use the search function and type "equal length headers", you will see that equal length headers are fitted because they offer a better gas flow over unequal.

Go on try the search.. I dare ya

And whats with the ASAP, have you got a spanner in your hand ready to remove the downpipe, up-pipe to get to the headers ? :rolleyes:

:lol1: :lol1:
I'm just impatient:D
I too scared to do a search!! It's all new to me!!!:cry: :cry: :lol1:

Shark Man 15 February 2007 08:48 PM

Here's a simple fix (seein you want a solution ASAP): Disconnect a fuel injector.

There you go; Unequal length header make it sound like it has a missfire; Always has, always will do. :lol1:

J_sca001 16 February 2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Shark Man (Post 6662561)
Here's a simple fix (seein you want a solution ASAP): Disconnect a fuel injector.

There you go; Unequal length header make it sound like it has a missfire; Always has, always will do. :lol1:

:mad: :razz: