ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Boo to Keith Michaels (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/583339-boo-to-keith-michaels.html)

MissSpeedy 14 February 2007 09:25 PM

Boo to Keith Michaels

Unfortunately had to swap the scoob for personal reasons back in July last year.

Downgraded to a 1.8 Vectra for commuting to work and was promised a refund though they didn't know how much until they had spoken to underwriters.

Then swapped to a Rover 214 in October when Vectra died a death. When I changed cars again told them still not got refund - was promised they would sort it out.

Rang them again before Xmas and was told I'd get roughly £70 back (but I bet if it'd been from Vectra to Scoob it would have been a hell of a lot more!!).

Refund still not arrived so rang again - was told they had money from underwriters and would forward my money. :brickwall :brickwall :freak3:

Well it is now 7 months since I originally changed cars and still no refund. If they think I'm going to forget they are sadly mistaken. :nono:

Not a happy teddy so be wary if you need to make any changes and expect a refund.

Needless to say renewal due next month and will not be re-considering!!!!

Moley 14 February 2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by MissSpeedy (Post 6659122)
Unfortunately had to swap the scoob for personal reasons back in July last year.

Downgraded to a 1.8 Vectra for commuting to work and was promised a refund though they didn't know how much until they had spoken to underwriters.

Then swapped to a Rover 214 in October when Vectra died a death. When I changed cars again told them still not got refund - was promised they would sort it out.

Rang them again before Xmas and was told I'd get roughly £70 back (but I bet if it'd been from Vectra to Scoob it would have been a hell of a lot more!!).

Refund still not arrived so rang again - was told they had money from underwriters and would forward my money. :brickwall :brickwall :freak3:

Well it is now 7 months since I originally changed cars and still no refund. If they think I'm going to forget they are sadly mistaken. :nono:

Not a happy teddy so be wary if you need to make any changes and expect a refund.

Needless to say renewal due next month and will not be re-considering!!!!

Please pm me your name and postcode so i can have a look who has been dealing with this matter

Gary

(I assume you had phoned between the July and the October to ask where the refund cheque was?)

Moley 14 February 2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by MissSpeedy (Post 6659122)

But you made a change and a refund WAS given, you just haven't recieved the cheque for some reason, so would be interested to know why you think you won't get the refund you are intitled to :wonder:

MissSpeedy 18 February 2007 06:31 PM

Got chq refund yesterday after getting call from Gary!

Cheers Gary.

Jo

Dr.P 18 February 2007 06:37 PM

Top man that Gary you know always goes out of his way to help, keep up the good work mate.:thumb:

MattW 20 February 2007 10:17 AM

Shame he doesn't answer pm's.

Moley 20 February 2007 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 6675914)
Shame he doesn't answer pm's.

Sorry to moan....but if you don't get a reply then why not ring?

I pm'd a very well know tuner on here recently and didn't get a reply....so i phoned them up and got what i needed. Didn't feel the need to post about them not getting back to me though, i just assumed they were busy.

I get about 20 pm's a day, and unfortunately not all can get answered.

MattW 20 February 2007 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 6675961)
Sorry to moan....but if you don't get a reply then why not ring?

I did and left a mesage to call

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 6675961)
Didn't feel the need to post about them not getting back to me though, i just assumed they were busy.

I get about 20 pm's a day, and unfortunately not all can get answered.

Come on here and accept the plaudits, wear an authorised advertiser tag, be a member of the community, I'd expect at the very least a reply to a pm. I assumed you were busy and was prepared to give you a couple of weeks to reply.

Moley 20 February 2007 11:03 AM

Right......

I work VERY hard to keep everyone happy, however i cannot get back to everyone.

Sorry i couldn't help you, but quite simply i am rushed off my feet.

Yes i am in a position to get praise when i help people, but i am also in the firing line when i can't help.

If you like i will start to refuse to be contacted via pm and insist on taking phone calls only, as it seems that by accepting pm's i am opening myself up to more negative comments.

So from now on i can be contacted on 0845 337 3380 for new quotes

Hopefully this will make it easier to get back to everyone.

RMA26 20 February 2007 11:07 AM

Or 0898 passion wagon ;) :lol1:

Moley 20 February 2007 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by RMA26 (Post 6676063)
Or 0898 passion wagon ;) :lol1:

Thats the weekend number :D

Holyterror72 20 February 2007 11:08 AM

A good example of pushed too far and he was only trying to help.

It just goes to show its easier not to bother.

Surely other people are guilty of not replying to PMs? Ive tried contacting quite a few and received no reply. Its difficult to answer anything when you are at work though isnt it?

RMA26 20 February 2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 6676068)
Thats the weekend number :D

:lol1: :lol1:

MattW 20 February 2007 11:12 AM

Gary I don't doubt you do work hard, but you are a victim of your success. Maybe all these big ups for Gary show you as some sort of demi god, however that reputation can be a millstone as well, as people then expect a level of service that you can't physically provide.

Maybe lowering your profile a little in terms of replying to all the Thanks Gary comments would help, who knows.

I'm not having a go, I am old enough to get a decent quote almost anywhere, so I was helping you as much as visa versa.

Anyway, is this your dummy on the floor.:D

Moley 20 February 2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 6676080)
Gary I don't doubt you do work hard, but you are a victim of your success. Maybe all these big ups for Gary show you as some sort of demi god, however that reputation can be a millstone as well, as people then expect a level of service that you can't physically provide.

Maybe lowering your profile a little in terms of replying to all the Thanks Gary comments would help, who knows.

I'm not having a go, I am old enough to get a decent quote almost anywhere, so I was helping you as much as visa versa.

Anyway, is this your dummy on the floor.:D

1) I reply to the 'Thanks' threads as it is good manners
2) My dummy is on the floor yes, as you caught me at a very bad time. The main reason i come on this site is because i own an Impreza, and (as you might see from some of my other posts) i am having no end of trouble with it at the moment, so forgive me for being VERY stressed...but it is car related :thumb:

MattW 20 February 2007 11:20 AM

No problem, hope you get it sorted.

Moley 20 February 2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 6676104)
No problem, hope you get it sorted.

Well i have replaced most bit on it now i think....so not really much more to go wrong with it. Is virtually a new car now :D

swampster 20 February 2007 12:57 PM

Well all I can say is as a newbie to the site Gary helped me out no end. Answered all my inane questions either by pm or telephone, even during his supposed weekends off.

The insurance was sorted the way all insurance SHOULD be sorted, quickly easily and efficiently.

All I can imagine is that if he doesn't get right back to you is that he's simply too busy/on holiday/or simply missed your pm. In any case it's not that difficult to politely try again without jumping on his case if he misses a beat.

He gets the plaudits on here simply because he does a great job (well 99.99% of the time :))!

The Chief 20 February 2007 01:41 PM

crikey some folk on here start belly aching just because gary doesn't answer his PM's within 30 seconds - get off your arses and ring him ffs you never know it might save you a few quid.:D

well he didn't with me but gave me some cracking advice on how to save a bit - and i did.

top bloke imo:thumb:

Duracell 20 February 2007 02:53 PM

This Guy is TOP NOTCH !!

Just sorted my Insurance out for the next year..Excellant Quote !

Pleasure to talk to, like minded Guy !

Guess Not everyone can be pleased !

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND QUOTES GARY !

100% "EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN" !:thumb:

Cheers Duracell