ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TOP GEAR LAST NIGHT (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/582548-top-gear-last-night.html)

MickeyWRX 12 February 2007 10:32 AM

TOP GEAR LAST NIGHT

Only saw from 1/2 way but it was bloody good!, Jez and the guys could have easily been shot dead for driving through Alabama like that!

Ia there anywhere on the net that the full episode can be viewed as i can't wait for the reapeat on Tuesday!

cheers

Mickey

jubhi 12 February 2007 10:50 AM

It was funny but not what I watch Top Gear for, think they are seriously missing the point of the programme at times.

MonkiP1 12 February 2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by MickeyWRX (Post 6649577)
Only saw from 1/2 way but it was bloody good!, Jez and the guys could have easily been shot dead for driving through Alabama like that!

Ia there anywhere on the net that the full episode can be viewed as i can't wait for the reapeat on Tuesday!

cheers

Mickey

Yeh the whole episode from the start was just a comedy show.

I didnt know americans take comments like "Nascar sucks" and "Country and western is rubbish" so close to heart that they would kill. Imagin if the Uk got like that god forbid. It was funny seeing Clarkson leggit while May's Chevroly had to be jumped started again lol.

Yeh watch the repeat tuesday or this saterday on bbc3. You wont be dissapointed.

Monki.

ARM-Scooby 12 February 2007 11:04 AM

yes they did a few fook ups in past series and have started to create some "errors".

Its watchable, but its not what it was in 2005! Where are the car tests? Where are the tests applicable to the real man? I dont care about bentleys etc. nice to see from time to time but its not what it should be imho.

Gear Head 12 February 2007 11:08 AM

To be honest, i'd never believe what those guys say when they test a car. I would go and test drive one myself. :thumb:

I think top gear has come on in leaps and bounds over the past few years. So what if they wanted to do an 'American road trip' episode? Bloody good idea I thought. :D

Its a motoring programme that is more 'entertaining', than 'informative'.

Gear Head 12 February 2007 11:30 AM

And was that really stiggys american cousin, or was it just the stig in a fat suit?? :D

MickeyWRX 12 February 2007 11:41 AM

its my fave programme, they have to do more stuuf like the trips as they can't do a report on a nmew car every week as it would be boring and become more like the new 5th gear, it combines the knowledge of cars with lads messing around in cars etc, i think its brilliant!

teamheath2 12 February 2007 12:04 PM

Yeah, I seen it.

I was in stitches nearly all the way through, they were s*@%ing themselves!!! Especially when the Cadillac wouldn't start at the garage!!!!!

One of the best so far I reckon!!!

Flaps 12 February 2007 12:14 PM

I found it funny but disappointing to be honest. They were just repeating a challenge they did in the past but in the USA and with cars that were not that great. To me it had the feeling of a dvd release rather than a normal episode.

I'm not sure how good an idea some of the tasks were either, I can see quite a few complaints coming their way.

Do you think the audience would have been the same one from another show?

Andy 02STI 12 February 2007 12:14 PM

Finally a program that gets better without arduous repeats - something worth paying the licence fee for!!

Last night really was genius though.

bonerp 12 February 2007 12:28 PM

i thought it was fantastic, much better than watching a suzuki micro nat or peugeot / renault shopping trolley being driven round suburban roundabouts!

Was a good change, especially getting the cow off the roof and clarksons shower :lol1:

As for testing cars, I'd rather see the kinda cars being tested against each other that I'll never own! If I want to test drive a focus, I'll pop down ford and get one for a few days! At the end of the day their views are all their own and from people that own sl mercs etc! Is that something you would believe or take with a pinch of salt!?????
Paul

Luminous 12 February 2007 12:35 PM

For anyone who is into bit torrent, I believe that you can download Top Gear from the piratebay. Google it if interested :)

Shark Man 12 February 2007 12:59 PM

Get bitorrent (such as bit tornado)

Go here:

FinalGear.com :: Your #1 Top Gear and Fifth Gear Fansite

Click Shows, then topgear, download, enjoy :)

rabskyline 12 February 2007 01:05 PM

thought it was funny in parts but not what i was hoping for ! america is a backwater for performance ! and i prefer the usual stuff to be honest.

tmo 12 February 2007 03:09 PM

the cow on the car is a classic !!!

graham22 12 February 2007 03:10 PM

The do-gooders complained about Hammond crashing the Jet-car, what the hell will they say about the Cow!!!!

Staged but very original & funny, glad they still have the balls to show it after the complaints they had in the past.

MooseRacer 12 February 2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by MonkiP1 (Post 6649629)
Yeh the whole episode from the start was just a comedy show.

I didnt know americans take comments like "Nascar sucks" and "Country and western is rubbish" so close to heart that they would kill. Imagin if the Uk got like that god forbid. It was funny seeing Clarkson leggit while May's Chevroly had to be jumped started again lol.

Yeh watch the repeat tuesday or this saterday on bbc3. You wont be dissapointed.

Monki.

Good God :rolleyes:

cuttsysti 12 February 2007 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by graham22 (Post 6650464)
The do-gooders complained about Hammond crashing the Jet-car, what the hell will they say about the Cow!!!!

Staged but very original & funny, glad they still have the balls to show it after the complaints they had in the past.

Totally agree with this. Parts of it are now so obviously staged, but its extremley funny none the less. I think it also speaks volumes about the show that I can watch it with all the family and everyone enjoys it.:)

LG John 12 February 2007 07:18 PM

Top Gear is outstanding entertainment. If you want to learn about a car for a purchase read about it on the net, ask questions on the relevant forum and drive it. If you want light relief on a sunday evening before the monotony of the week the next day then watch Top Gear :thumb:

HankScorpio 12 February 2007 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 6651227)
Top Gear is outstanding entertainment. If you want to learn about a car for a purchase read about it on the net, ask questions on the relevant forum and drive it. If you want light relief on a sunday evening before the monotony of the week the next day then watch Top Gear :thumb:

Perfect response to the whingers :luxhello: :thumb:

White-Un 12 February 2007 07:32 PM

I second that above comment. The best program on the box in my humble opinion.

firesorter 12 February 2007 07:33 PM

i feel they`re making the most of footage shot pre hammond crash, they need to fill a series, i think credit where its due, it was a refreshing change and the whole family enjoyed it.

The Snug Rhino 12 February 2007 09:27 PM

dont like the show normaly but that was superb -laughed all the way through.

the_msp 12 February 2007 09:35 PM

best i've seen in a while i thought. hillarious :D

Markus 12 February 2007 10:38 PM

Rather funny, and does show how lacking in irony some americans really are.

Apparition 12 February 2007 11:05 PM

Jubhi "It was funny but not what I watch Top Gear for, think they are seriously missing the point of the programme at times."

Don't you think they used this to give Hamster a week off ? Look out for more of the same interspersed with the series. He isn't superman you know !

Yve

boxst 13 February 2007 01:45 PM

The American bit:

Freevlog - Top Gear Gets Attacked by Rednecks

Steve

DCI Gene Hunt 13 February 2007 03:24 PM

Feckin chased off by Rednecks!......... :lol1:

That has to be one of the best and funniest TG's ever, I don't remember laughing so much as I did watching Brokeback, Captain Slow and the murderer's muscle car inch their way across the Southern states WITHOUT AIRCON .... FPMSL just thinking about the cow scene, the 'incar' shower scene and the infamous Redneck garage.... :lol1:

I'm waiting for American Roadtrip 2 - The Return.....:thumb:

J4CKO 13 February 2007 03:28 PM

It was just really good fun, silly television, bit of escapism and a million miles away from the William Woolard era where the car was an angel of death and Tony Mason went on about old buses.