ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Police Bugeye WRX vs MX5 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/581008-police-bugeye-wrx-vs-mx5.html)

Norman Dog 06 February 2007 07:38 PM

Police Bugeye WRX vs MX5

YouTube - Car Wars - BBC 1 - Mazda MX5 Pursuit

Posted for anyone that hasn't seen it, I like the bit on the commentry about the MX5 being a "high performance sports car" :D

One thing's for sure, that MX5 driver is a f***ing lunatic :norty:

bob r 06 February 2007 08:56 PM

Can't believe the mx5 lost the scoob in the forest.:wonder:

RB5SCOTT 06 February 2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 6631783)

I can :p

Norman Dog 06 February 2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 6631783)

Cos plod reckoned he didn't want to damage the car :lol1:

jayltee1 06 February 2007 09:06 PM

Who'd have thought a MX5 has better off road capabilities than a 4wd BugEye :)

jayltee1 06 February 2007 09:07 PM

Even the gabber on the blower told his mate to concentrate on his driving :)

vava voom 06 February 2007 09:39 PM

If all cops drove like that fag , then the world would be a dangerious place:eek2:

92typeRA 06 February 2007 10:50 PM

wait till he tells his mates he smoked at scooby cop car :lol1: :lol1:

X30NGO 06 February 2007 11:15 PM

looked like there was one route through the tree's. If you don't know it, you obviously gotta be very careful Give them a ****ing break.

jobbys 07 February 2007 04:18 AM

Selecting concertina mode helps get through small gaps.

Compact WRX

Norman Dog 07 February 2007 07:12 AM

I will try and find the clip of the same two cops chasing an Evo FQ300, after watching the MX5, you can probably guess the outcome :lol1: :lol1:

Prasius 07 February 2007 10:08 AM

You'd think the police would fit covert radio fits to those cars & have covert camera and body armour. I guess that falls foul of the wonderful world of RIPA though.

In defence of the copper though - the kid in the MX5 obviously knows those woods well - and the copper had signed for that car! Might not make any sense to most of you but I can sympathise!

fabiavrs 07 February 2007 12:28 PM

I do enjoy watching that series! To be fair to the police there is no point wreaking the car for someone that will only get a slap on the wrist.

nick_wrx 07 February 2007 01:06 PM

I wonder if that bugeye has been modified, even with a prodrive kit - probably wouldnt fare very well standard.

Flatcapdriver 07 February 2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Prasius (Post 6633021)
In defence of the copper though - the kid in the MX5 obviously knows those woods well - and the copper had signed for that car! Might not make any sense to most of you but I can sympathise!

Fair point but then you have to ask why the Police are banging round in an Impreza when they could have picked a cheaper car that would have been cheaper (and thus quicker) to repair, which they didn't mind wrecking?

billythekid 07 February 2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by fabiavrs (Post 6633517)
I do enjoy watching that series! To be fair to the police there is no point wreaking the car for someone that will only get a slap on the wrist.

Spot on. The TVCU does not have an endless supply of cars and its not worth casuing serious damage to the car... the boss would watch the video back and not be best pleased!

Abdabz 07 February 2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by billythekid (Post 6634074)
Spot on. The TVCU does not have an endless supply of cars and its not worth casuing serious damage to the car... the boss would watch the video back and not be best pleased!

Spot on again :) The cars are new I guess because of "bulk force buy deals", increased reliability, more likely to blend in, safer etc... But you wouldnt risk a beautiful, majestic, sports rally salloon as the Impreza... Especially chasing a car that was probably owned by hairdresser... ;)