ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Government petition against pay as you go road tax, sign here... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/580831-government-petition-against-pay-as-you-go-road-tax-sign-here.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 06 February 2007 10:50 AM

Government petition against pay as you go road tax, sign here...

Probably SIAL but for those who haven't seen it/registered here it is

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

Need another 100k signatures or there abouts.

Mods any chance of a sticky in all forums if this petition means an end to any plans of pay as you go road tax/travel monitoring/spying?

Apologies if this is old news/done before.

Clarebabes 06 February 2007 10:56 AM

It is SIAL, but still worth signing!

Brake or some such other "safety" organisations have tried to dismiss the claims and have tried to make the ABD out to be some terrorist organisation, so do your bit and sign it!

hutton_d 06 February 2007 10:56 AM

And the gov. have said they'll ignore it anyway! The transport minister (Ladyman?) said this about a week ago when there were about 600K plus signatures ...... but, hey. No surprise there. They ignored the million or so people who marched against the war so why should they take any notice of nearly a million people when money is at stake!

Dave

Clarebabes 06 February 2007 10:59 AM

We need to show them we don't agree with it by some other means then. I would definitely do something else to stop this from coming in. Voting them out seems the best bet, but they'll put so much capital into it, it would be difficult for the next Government to not adopt it.

Seems we're between a rock and a hard place. Mass emigration to Canada anyone?

Bravo2zero_sps 06 February 2007 11:07 AM

If I could take all my family with me Canada (Vancouver) would the first place on my list to get away from this unbearable Government and watching the country disapear down the sh!tter. Oh and Blair has just announced his acceptance of Gordon Brown being the next Prime Minister. Watch him rob the entire country blind and wittle it all away on foreign policy and left wing minority group funding :mad:

Clarebabes 06 February 2007 11:29 AM

By "all family" you mean your parents, siblings etc.

I would like to live abroad and see the distance as only a plane ride away. Even the other side of the world is only a day away!

Bravo2zero_sps 06 February 2007 11:33 AM

Yep but mainly eldest son who lives with his mum and I wouldn't leave him behind so i'll be staying and fighting tooth and nail to find anyway I can to get round the Governments controlling/spying schemes and hopefully see them voted out.

Bravo2zero_sps 10 February 2007 02:01 PM

Sky News: 1m Sign Road Price Plea

So the Government put up a petition, get over 1 million signatures and then totally ignore it. Sums Labour up perfectly :thumb: They can only ignore the general public for so long :luxhello:

unclebuck 10 February 2007 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 6644745)
Sky News: 1m Sign Road Price Plea

So the Government put up a petition, get over 1 million signatures and then totally ignore it.

They won't ignore it. All those who sign will be placed on a database for future 'special' attention. A bit like that german U-Boat commander in Dads Army.

Sign at your peril. :eek:

unclebuck 19 February 2007 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 6644998)
They won't ignore it. All those who sign will be placed on a database for future 'special' attention. A bit like that german U-Boat commander in Dads Army.

Sign at your peril. :eek:

I rest my case. :)

BBC NEWS | Politics | Road petitioners get Blair reply

AndyC_772 19 February 2007 06:37 PM

So, being one in over a million makes me 'special', does it?

unclebuck 19 February 2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 6674017)
So, being one in over a million makes me 'special', does it?

Well, Tony thinks so. Get ready to have your mind 'changed'. :freak3: