ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Britain, most burgled country in europe (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/580792-britain-most-burgled-country-in-europe.html)

r32 06 February 2007 07:12 AM

Britain, most burgled country in europe

"Britain is the most burgled country in Europe, a disturbing crime survey reveals.

Levels of assault are also the highest across the EU, while car theft, robbery and sex offences are well above average. "

From a joint survey done by the UN and EU.
Another first our political leaders can be proud of. At least we're best at something!

DCI Gene Hunt 06 February 2007 07:53 AM

Not surprising as we've become a immigration sinkhole for the worlds rapists, murderers, trash & general low life scum....... :mad:

OllyK 06 February 2007 08:31 AM

Welfare state leads to people having no respect for things as they don't have to put the effort in to earning the money to buy them.

alcazar 06 February 2007 09:12 AM

I'd like to bet we're top, or NEAR the top in prosecuting motorists for speeding though:mad:

Priorities, anyone?

Alcazar

51st state 06 February 2007 09:17 AM

DCI, OLLY, ALCAZAR
your comments have spelt out the problems entirely, only other thing i could add is cherie "human rights" blair
and the damn labour party, UK back in the red:rolleyes: nothing new about labour is there!

paulr 06 February 2007 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK (Post 6628813)
Welfare state leads to people having no respect for things as they don't have to put the effort in to earning the money to buy them.

Rubbish. Part of the blame lies with 80's Thatcherism which said grab what you can. For those less mentally capable that usually means turning to crime.

If the welfare stste was to blame most criminals would be over 65 as that is the highest recipient of welfare benefits.

lightning101 06 February 2007 12:08 PM

Worse than romania ? :confused:

davegtt 06 February 2007 12:13 PM

Everybody in the UK has been burgled everytime they pick up a pay packet and see how much tax has been took :thumb:

KiwiGTI 06 February 2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6629697)
Rubbish. Part of the blame lies with 80's Thatcherism which said grab what you can. For those less mentally capable that usually means turning to crime.

If the welfare stste was to blame most criminals would be over 65 as that is the highest recipient of welfare benefits.

I am sure that they have to shoulder some of the blame too, but it's pretty obvious even over the last 5 years how much crime has increased, especially in the anti-social sense.

r32 06 February 2007 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 6629697)

I would have said that 80's Thatcherism was about, "anything is possible if you work hard and apply yourself"

The current regime is all about take what you want. Not work for it, with the raid on taxes, pensions immigration etc................ hence the situation with theft. Being World champion in stealing is all about the lack of morals, from Tony down.
Any body want a peerage?
visit www.peeragesforsale.gov.uk

r32 06 February 2007 12:26 PM

Oh and dont forget, under the new guidelines you wont get locked up or in most cases even prosecuted (so long as no one was hurt) for burglary or theft.
Now get caught for speeding ................

KiwiGTI 06 February 2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by r32 (Post 6629779)
Any body want a peerage?
visit www.peeragesforsale.gov.uk

Must be hosted by Capita - the site's down.

KiwiGTI 06 February 2007 12:28 PM

Don't forget - if you see a criminal just jump up and down.

r32 06 February 2007 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI (Post 6629811)
Don't forget - if you see a criminal just jump up and down.

Excellent advice by the Govt................
Any one knows if it works?

lightning101 06 February 2007 12:33 PM

Yep, behind the czech reublic, poland, and romania/bulgaria :)

The Zohan 06 February 2007 02:27 PM

Having listened to a very senoir copper on R5 live yesterday morning going on about a better punishment than jail is to let the victims meet the scum and talk about how it has afected the victim my heart sank.

A majority of this crime us being perpetrated by druggies, meeting the victims is not the answer, locking them up and getting them off of drugs whether they like it or not IS!

No drugs in prison, no methodone, not human rights bollox just a tough regeime that gets them straight along with some hard labour.

No stupid short sentences of 3-6 months 18month minimum, no time off for good behaviour, time added on for troublemakers if anything, to get these people away from drugs and temtation for long enough to kick it.

Enough prisions to deal with all types of criminals and a zero tollerance approach - It worked in NY.

Oh and coppers who realise the the victim is just that VICTIMS and prision is about putting scum away where they cannot commit crimes and it is also a punishment as well as rehabillitiation for these scumbags!

I was realy dissappointed by this cop and his attitude, i would call it turning native!

This country is slowly circling the bowl at the moment, ruined by the liberal PC atitude and human rights gone mad!

paulr 06 February 2007 03:19 PM

To be honest we are all to blame for a lack of respect.

Russel brand for his foul language on tv.
Channel 4 for allowing it.
Politicians for downright lies (by all parties)
Financial institutions for theft (equitable life)
Making hero's of druugies (Pete Docherty)
Making hero's of retards (jade goody)
Allowing kids to hit teachers and they cant do anything about it.
Allowing footballers to earn millions while war veterans freeze in the winter.
Geezer birds.

Its everywhere.