ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   bungalow empty for years, we want it... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/580653-bungalow-empty-for-years-we-want-it.html)

scooby595 05 February 2007 06:11 PM

bungalow empty for years, we want it...

what to do. Have dug about a bit and its been empty for as long as Mrs can remember (10+ years). Have found out that the owner appears to live some miles away, on her own by all accounts. Have written her a letter expressing our interest on renting / buying. Sent it recorded so we can trace delivery etc.

Topic for conversation is............

What to do if it comes back no ?? (give up I know is the real option)
What would you have done ?
What if we get no response ???

Has anyone any advice / thing to say on this. (serious would be preferred please !!)

Thanks,

DCI Gene Hunt 05 February 2007 06:19 PM

Firstly, your Mrs has a typical feckin female memory..:rolleyes: and I can guarantee that it goes back more than 10 years as far as all your foul deeds are concerned..;)

Secondly, why the feck do you want to live in a fecking BUNGALOW :wonder: are you over 65? all the rooms on one floor.....! naah get yourselves a nice house :thumb:

34srm 05 February 2007 06:19 PM

its not in tameside is it

AudiLover 05 February 2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by scooby595 (Post 6627093)
what to do. Have dug about a bit and its been empty for as long as Mrs can remember (10+ years). Have found out that the owner appears to live some miles away, on her own by all accounts. Have written her a letter expressing our interest on renting / buying. Sent it recorded so we can trace delivery etc.

Topic for conversation is............

What to do if it comes back no ?? (give up I know is the real option)
What would you have done ?
What if we get no response ???

Has anyone any advice / thing to say on this. (serious would be preferred please !!)

Thanks,

are you mad? Dont you know that there is gonna be a house crash:cuckoo:

sarasquares 05 February 2007 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6627126)
are you mad? Dont you know that there is gonna be a house crash:cuckoo:

best to get a bungalow then :thumb:

Longjing 05 February 2007 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by scooby595 (Post 6627093)

Thanks,

You've done what you can I think. Presumably you know that the person you've contacted is definitely the owner... I think you can find that out from the Land Registry these days.

At the moment, if she doesn't want to sell, that's it. If she doesn't respond you could try again, but there must be some limit to that.

sarasquares 05 February 2007 08:56 PM

if you keep on at her it will become harassment:wonder:

Nat 05 February 2007 09:06 PM

Interestingly, As from today, councils have the power to take over possesion of any house that is empty for 6 months or more. They can then rent it out for 7 years.

miff13 05 February 2007 09:52 PM

Go to Land Register Online and enter the house number and postcode, if it's registered you can download the title for £3 and pay by credit card, this will tell you the name of the owner and address for service, but it could be out of date.

If they don't want to sell/rent, there's nothing you can do short of squatting and I wouldn't recommend that these days!

Good luck :thumb:

little-ginge 05 February 2007 10:26 PM

Squat and then claim it under that law which lets you do that sort of thing.. there was a chap iirc who had lived in a house for 10 years.. he got to keep it ;nod;

Fuzz 05 February 2007 10:35 PM

I've been trying to get hold of a bungalow in my village.
Roofs collapsed, trees growing inside the place.
You can only just get in the door before being met by rubbish piled to the eaves.

The owners (daughter of owner) had a court order to come and clean it up as it is totally overgrown and rats are living in there somewhere.
They came, spent a WEEK clearing just the garden (That's when I "popped in for a cuppa lol"
Witch didn't want to sell it though. :mad:
No one has lived there since her mum died or got moved into a home about five years ago...
It's been derelict for 15 years lol
Winds me up something chronic..

Andy

sarasquares 05 February 2007 10:39 PM

it will be like ebay, you think its yours by rights but then find out that everyone has had the same idea and are trying to get hold of the property...not worth the stress me thinks :D

LeeMac 06 February 2007 12:58 AM

not in milnrow is it?

I wanted that once

scooby595 06 February 2007 07:50 AM

well, some very interesting responses there, thanks. !!! Ermm, not sure which one I like best !!! Murder seems a bit drastic, maybe a case of human bird flu, given the area I live in (bit of a clue me thinks !!)

Thanks for all your replies, guess we'll have to see what / if she replies too.

:-)

MooseRacer 06 February 2007 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 6627108)
Firstly, your Mrs has a typical feckin female memory..:rolleyes: and I can guarantee that it goes back more than 10 years as far as all your foul deeds are concerned..;)

Secondly, why the feck do you want to live in a fecking BUNGALOW :wonder: are you over 65? all the rooms on one floor.....! naah get yourselves a nice house :thumb:

PMSL :D

Apparition 06 February 2007 12:10 PM

As NAT21 says . There's one next door to my Mum's house and its a pain in the derriere. Would be nice to have someone living in there before the squatters discover it.
Yve