ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I've just about had enough....GET ME OUT (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/580641-ive-just-about-had-enough-get-me-out.html)

RB170 05 February 2007 05:39 PM

I've just about had enough....GET ME OUT

So this morning I drive to the station to go to work but when I get there I see a sign that reads

"Parking available before 9:30am for season ticket holders only"
WTF so I can't park at the station before 9:30 unless I get a season ticket.

I ring NCP and guess what, I can't get a season ticket as there is a 2 year waiting list for 1?

On the other side of the tracks are two Lea Valley Park car parks but they are locked before 9:30.

ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS GET TO WORK !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

"Use public transport" says the goverment how the f**k can I use public transport if

a) you provide no bus service for me to get to the station
b) you provide no parking at the station for the time I need to be there

Friends of mine are off to Canada in Feb, another is off to Australia in March, an another is looking at sodding off to Aus also.......I need to get out, I don't think I can put up with this crap much longer

Steve Whitehorn 05 February 2007 05:45 PM

Go do it.
Aus,Canada,South Germany -Alps are the places to go.
Western Societies with far higher qualities of life. (There will be a few downsides of course)
Make sure you plan. Good if you go to a place where you know one person already - as this is the key to slowly but surely finding new friends and finding out about work.
Goos luck
Steve

AudiLover 05 February 2007 05:48 PM

How about using a push bike you fatty?

RB170 05 February 2007 05:49 PM

Push Bike is an option if I want to get to work late stinking like you :)

fatherpierre 05 February 2007 06:02 PM

So you're considering leaving because of a parking issue?

See you then :D

AudiLover 05 February 2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by RB170 (Post 6627043)
Push Bike is an option if I want to get to work late stinking like you :)

order a cab for your fat ass then

Nat 05 February 2007 06:09 PM

...But if you had bought a £5000 season ticket and every morning you got to the car park and it was full you'd also be a bit pissed off.

Abdabz 05 February 2007 07:21 PM

ROFLMAO (and other such abbreviation things)!!! :lol1: So we have a guy who wants to emigrate because he cant park on an NCP car park? :lol1:
Tremendous and a potential post of the year and it's only Feb!! :lol1:
Imagine if you emigrated to Canada and someone spilt some coffee in Ottawa! You'd be off again, like the littlest hobo :lol1:

KiwiGTI 05 February 2007 08:20 PM

YouTube - The Littlest Hobo

:thumb:

bootsy 05 February 2007 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by RB170 (Post 6627013)
So this morning I drive to the station to go to work but when I get there I see a sign that reads

I ring NCP and guess what, I can't get a season ticket as there is a 2 year waiting list for 1?

On the other side of the tracks are two Lea Valley Park car parks but they are locked before 9:30.

"Use public transport" says the goverment how the f**k can I use public transport if

Friends of mine are off to Canada in Feb, another is off to Australia in March, an another is looking at sodding off to Aus also.......I need to get out, I don't think I can put up with this crap much longer

i hope to be off soon to canada(nova scotia) when i get work sorted:thumb:

NotoriousREV 05 February 2007 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 6627570)
i hope to be off soon to canada(nova scotia) when i get work sorted:thumb:

Hmmm, current temperature in Runcorn: 3C
Current temp in Halifax, Nova Scotia: -12C

No thanks.

bootsy 05 February 2007 09:25 PM

no problem:thumb: work inside i snowboard in colder than that.but the work/money there for me and the family

Terminator X 05 February 2007 11:13 PM

Have you heard of the straw that broke the camels back ...

TX.

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 6627338)
ROFLMAO (and other such abbreviation things)!!! :lol1: So we have a guy who wants to emigrate because he cant park on an NCP car park? :lol1:
Tremendous and a potential post of the year and it's only Feb!! :lol1:
Imagine if you emigrated to Canada and someone spilt some coffee in Ottawa! You'd be off again, like the littlest hobo :lol1:

RB170 06 February 2007 01:11 PM

So some of you think I want to leave because I can't park at NCP?

It's about yet another thing that makes this country an undesirable place to live and as Terminator X says it's the straw that has broken the camels back. It's a prime example of how just living in this country has become a difficulty.

Oh and when I spoke to the local council they said the measure was part of their policy on global warming and it was introduced to encourage people to use alternative forms of transport

RB170 06 February 2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6627081)
order a cab for your fat ass then

I would but I can't get a 9 seater

Jerome 06 February 2007 03:59 PM

Don't be under the illusion that everything will be peachy in another country.

There will still be things (some the same, some different) that p1ss you off about the new country.

AudiLover 06 February 2007 04:13 PM

^^ Exactly, most of these twats dont realise how good they have it until they live somewhere else for a good couple years.

Daryl 06 February 2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6630747)
^^ Exactly, most of these twats dont realise how good they have it until they live somewhere else for a good couple years.

And where else have you lived "for a good couple years" (sic), AudiLicker? :rolleyes:

windyboy 06 February 2007 04:47 PM

Do what PSL does and blame New Labour :)

Windyboy

Abdabz 06 February 2007 05:01 PM

:lol1: now lets all get a group buy on valium, let RB170 get a lift to the station - it might mean leaving a littler earlier but you must have a friend/family member with a car who is prepared to help you? - then again if theyre all emigrating, maybe theyre trying to tell you something ;) Only kidding my little stressball :thumb:
Seriously, if you cant get a lift/taxi/push bike/camel/bus/flying chuffing carpet to the station and you're that keen on upping sticks then off ya pop. Too many say theyre going to and never do.. GO ON MY SON... :)
Start a new thread or even a blog updating your progress. I would genuinely be interested...

AudiLover 06 February 2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 6630840)
And where else have you lived "for a good couple years" (sic), AudiLicker? :rolleyes:

germany and jamaica :D ;)

Nido 06 February 2007 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6630747)

No, sorry! I wouldn't change leaving the UK (a good couple of years ago) for a thing.

I realise how good I have it now though, and that's a darn site better :D

AudiLover 06 February 2007 07:09 PM

where do you live? I still see that you frequent a british forum though. Sure something in you is not yearning for back home?

If I was poor I would live abroad. Rather be poor in the warmth than the cold ;)

KiwiGTI 06 February 2007 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6631299)
where do you live? I still see that you frequent a british forum though. Sure something in you is not yearning for back home?

If I was poor I would live abroad. Rather be poor in the warmth than the cold ;)

You are poor :wonder:

moses 06 February 2007 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by RB170 (Post 6627013)

go tae pakistan lol i swear, i mean islamabad :D hollywood of pakistan and loadsa white folk their ex patriots, nae worries, all secure, massive houses, easy life, u dont need tae work and get as many bodyguards as u want for 100 quid a month :D

check oot the pics, if i woz rich enuff, i would move their

islamabad blue area - Google Image Search

bootsy 06 February 2007 08:28 PM

:brickwall

Stephb1986 06 February 2007 08:37 PM

i dont blame people for wanting to move away from this country it is a right joke look at the prices to go on holiday now with the extra tax and then theres tax for this tax for that tax for the other its become a joke! never mind the nhs. :(

Nido 06 February 2007 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by AudiLover (Post 6631299)

I live on the coast in mainland Spain. I can assure you nothing in me is yearning for the UK (I don't refer to it as "back home" because home is here). I also use Spanish BBS. The only two UK based forums I normally vist (this and one other) are because I was using them before I moved abroad, and just carried on using them after I moved.

(The join date on my profile by the way is because if I haven't used this board for a while and I change laptops then I can never remember any login stuff so just tend to re-register. I couldn't give a toss about losing the post count, means nothing to me.)

I'm not poor - I have a great quality of life here. I'm well into my motorbikes and have a number of racetracks within easy reach, and 12 month a year use. It was 20 deg and clear blues here today, lovley weather for a trackday ;) My taxes are less, the local facilities fine, and lots of lovely new roads paid for with EU money :D

If I do need to go back to UK then there are numerous flights and any meetings in the UK are commutable for me, that's pretty much the only reason I don't live further afield. Whenever I have to go to the UK it's for as short a time as possiblle, it really does my head in now.

So no, I'm really quite happy here thanks :)

Apparition 06 February 2007 11:26 PM

I think you'll discover that all things are relative. We used to live within the mighty M25. Two and a half years ago, we moved to Lincolnshire and we haven't looked back....once. We love our lives now and love ENGLAND. It's our homeland and we shall be staying.
Yes there are good and bad areas, as there are in any country you care to name. But it's up to you to do something if you're not happy. But to knock the entire country is just not right.
Fair enough if you want to emigrate, go ahead, but there's no need to take a swipe at the entire nation just because a few little things are bugging you.
Suffice to say, the upside of decisions like that is that at least WE, the British people, get shot of the moaning minnies and someone else gets them . Hah .
Yve

RAJ27 07 February 2007 12:29 AM

I moved to Sydney 5 mths ago from sunny London and we can't wait to go back home. We moved because of the way London is and the weather/lifestyle as well.

Granted the weather is very good here, but everything costs here. You have to pay $250 just to change phone line connections. You have to pay 3% stamp duty on new and second hand cars!! You have to pay for your broadband modem, you have to pay for water at extortionate rates and don't even mention the house prices here.

All that and the wages are lower, everything is a rate race here. Muggings, killings still happen here. Ok not on the same scale as London, but in 30 years I have never been a victim of crime.

I guess little things do get up your nerves, but it's slowly starting to happen in other countries too.