ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   who else doesnt give apoo about Global warning? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/579948-who-else-doesnt-give-apoo-about-global-warning.html)

Seamaster 02 February 2007 10:32 PM

who else doesnt give apoo about Global warning?

Bit late now!! looking forward to proper summers !!

Fuzz 02 February 2007 10:34 PM

:lol:
Shouldn't laugh but that's what the lads at work say.... wont have to fly 10 hrs to get a nice beach with a bit of sun any more.

Janspeed 02 February 2007 10:41 PM

Great!! So that means we wont get as many hooligans???? :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

andythejock01wrx 02 February 2007 10:42 PM

There will be drought in Spain for 10 months of the year. :(

Ah well, the sunbathing will be good in ol' Blighty ! :lol1:

Sauron 02 February 2007 10:55 PM

Ah well, the sunbathing will be good in ol' Blighty ! :lol1:[/quote]

Don't bet on it!
Apparently if GW continues billions of gallons of frsh water dumped into Arctic ocean from Russian rivers. This will reduce ocean salinity and slow down and eventually stop Atlantic conveyer aka Gulf Stream.
So we in this county will not be basking in higher temps but shivering at -20C.

Blueblaster 02 February 2007 11:14 PM

We also won't have any beaches because they'll all be under water.

Seamaster 02 February 2007 11:17 PM

great... we need a bit of action to brighten things up .

Ive ordered 10000000000 cans of beans so I will survive

Tidgy 02 February 2007 11:24 PM

people are so worried about change they don't seeem to realise that an ice age is in fact 1000 years overdue (they alwasy follow a warming of the planet) so on that note, are we contributing to it, or is it just the plannet catching itself up?

davyboy 02 February 2007 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blueblaster (Post 6620034)

I live 70 miles from the sea.....I'm looking forward to having a beach side home.

....and it takes me ages to get to Dover. I'd much prefer to get a ferry from South Mimms to Bruges.

fast bloke 03 February 2007 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 6620059)
people are so worried about change they don't seeem to realise that an ice age is in fact 1000 years overdue (they alwasy follow a warming of the planet) so on that note, are we contributing to it, or is it just the plannet catching itself up?

Nail on head that man :D

Global warming all started with those chaps painting caves in France and cooking dead bears over open fires about 6000 years ago - The current frenzy is just another excuse to make us pay more tax. I would think that anyone who has carried out any research on the subject over and above what they have read in the tabloids would agree. There sems to be a basic process here

1. Scientists prove that global warming is happening (agreed 100%)
2. Media tells us it is our fault (how? - The remaining Brazilian rain forests give out more CO2 at night than China does in 24 hours)
3. Tony Blair taxes us just in case

The logical conclusion using this line of thinking is to get rid of the rain forests and scrap 'green' taxes

speye91 03 February 2007 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Blueblaster (Post 6620034)

:lol: :brickwall

Please explain why we wont have Beaches? :brickwall

Fuzz 03 February 2007 01:06 AM

because it takes thousands of years for the waves to crash against the shore and grind it all down to something resembling a beach...

The "shore" will be farmer Giles' field or what was the local High street...

:cuckoo:

Andy

fast bloke 03 February 2007 01:13 AM

no - it takes thousands of years for the sea to reduce rock to sand - all the sand will wash up in farmer giles field to make a new beach......

in reality, we are talking about a rise of 20-30 cm in 100 years - crap news for the Dutch, but not really worth mentioning as long as you didn't buy a beach house for the rest of the world

Janspeed 03 February 2007 01:28 AM

We will all be gone by then!

Meanwhile we are paying too many kinds of taxes, and not making enough use of our miserable "global warming" lives!!

We are fleas on this planet's arse, and it is scratching itself, so hang on for the ride!!!

But on a lighter note, I do think this is seriously being blown out of proportion!!

Seamaster 03 February 2007 09:01 AM

"But on a loghter note, I do think this is seriously being blown out of proportion!!"

not by any of us !!

Abdabz 03 February 2007 09:32 AM

Seriously, I couldnt give a stuff... It's all a pile of bollocks IMO... I'm not having one bit of it.
I still believe that us human types have no impact on it so as its' just the warming of the sun, changing our climate, there's not much point in worrynig about it...

powerman1 03 February 2007 10:11 AM

I dont give a monkeys hoot.I am not doing anything wrong apart from living my life and certainly arnt going to worry myself to an early grave.Its all just a salesman pitch to raise more cash for the governments of the world.

Scooby Soon! 03 February 2007 10:31 AM

More summer = more profit for my business :)

I will enjoy spending the profits on Supercharger Ranger Rover that I can run over any one who mentions global warming.

jods 03 February 2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sauron (Post 6619983)
Ah well, the sunbathing will be good in ol' Blighty ! :lol1

Don't bet on it!
Apparently if GW continues billions of gallons of frsh water dumped into Arctic ocean from Russian rivers. This will reduce ocean salinity and slow down and eventually stop Atlantic conveyer aka Gulf Stream.
So we in this county will not be basking in higher temps but shivering at -20C.

True but all the warm water will stay around the Caribbean and Florida - The reduction in Hot / Cold water transfer will also reduce weather patterns that lead to Hurricanes etc. So I'll be alright living out in Orlando when I want to be warm - and can come back to the UK when I fancy making a snowman and drink some warming real ales (everyones a winner :) )

:norty:

JonMc 03 February 2007 02:09 PM

It's evolution and there's sod all we can do about so best make the most of the warm weather...might just go and wash my car then before the hosepipe ban kicks in.....:lol1: :razz:

scunnered 03 February 2007 02:27 PM

It's not our fault. Global warming is real, but it's mainly due to orbital variation, and solar activity.
The mean global temp for 300,000 years was mapped out back in the 1800's by a Serbian astrophysicist called Mulatin Milankovitch.
I've never ever heard any so called GW expert even mention the Milankovitch theory.

SlimJ_2005 03 February 2007 02:43 PM

Love the fact the scientists say we have had a warmest period for a long time, I thought a long time was 100's of thousands of years... apparently a long time is just 90 years or so!!

Who knows, the next 10 years may just be the coldest on record :freak3:

shooter007 03 February 2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by scunnered (Post 6621029)
It's not our fault. Global warming is real, but it's mainly due to orbital variation, and solar activity.
The mean global temp for 300,000 years was mapped out back in the 1800's by a Serbian astrophysicist called Mulatin Milankovitch.
I've never ever heard any so called GW expert even mention the Milankovitch theory.

here here

Fuzz 03 February 2007 09:51 PM

Toast the Earth with Exxon Mobil :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Dracoro 03 February 2007 11:22 PM

Anyone have any proof of the extent of man's contribution to global warming?

BTW Proof is NOT statistical co-incidences or logical fallacies or wrongly interpreting "contribution" as "causation" (bbc are bad for this and I think it's poor to source climate change issues from the beeb, there's an ulterior motive behind their "reporting" of climate change)

sl1cksterjam 04 February 2007 08:33 AM

I agree totally with this all being about tax, this is just to cover the revenue being lost on fags and booze. where has the money been spent from the extra tax for people with larger size motors:wonder: , they get everyone into diesel then hoike the price up above that of petrol:hjtwofing . There is a calculation that we have inhabited earth that would be the equivalent of something like 3 seconds in a day, the climate has been changing constantly in the billion of years previous it is a very complex piece of kit and I'm sure a few motors, planes and cows farting arent gonna bring it to its knees:cuckoo:

StickyMicky 04 February 2007 09:49 AM

well its ****en freezing here today, so the scientists can go and **** off IMO :D

Trucker Ted 04 February 2007 10:04 AM

Think of the lives that will be saved,with milder winters the old aged won't be dropping like flies, and just think ,less crashes caused by snow and ice. He ,He , maybe even Big fat Gordy Brown will revoke the pensioners winter bonus payment and give us sunscreen instead. Also looking forward to car shows etc in the summer sun with less chance of rain,as we are all sick the rain ruining outside events.

Let the warming begin :thumb:

Kevin Groat 04 February 2007 01:46 PM

They want us to fit low energy bulbs in our houses - and yet there's a million new cars on China's roads each year...

ffs, get things into persepective first:rolleyes:

Petem95 04 February 2007 02:01 PM

Theyre forcasting 35degree heat in the UK this summer - and pretty much every other month seems to be a new record for temperature.

It really does look like global warming, and it looks like its happening a hell of a lot faster than initially predicted!

Question is what will be done about it? Probably very little as countries primary concerns are always their economy.