ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Muffler plan...a good idea? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/579343-muffler-plan-a-good-idea.html)

II HUFF II 31 January 2007 09:04 PM

Muffler plan...a good idea?

I plan on putting a 6" Round Magnaflow muffler on my 07' 2.5i in place of the stock muffler. What r your opinions of this decision?

P.S. Plz don't start flaming about only getting a muffler, there are NO cat back exhaust applications for the 2.5i and the WRX/STi inderbodies are different from mine so they don't coincide. If I want a custom "full" exhaust done later when I have more money I can always use the muffler anyways. THNX:D

bob r 31 January 2007 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by II HUFF II (Post 6612276)
I plan on putting a 6" Round Magnaflow muffler on my 07' 2.5i in place of the stock muffler. What r your opinions of this decision?

P.S. Plz don't start flaming about only getting a muffler, there are NO cat back exhaust applications for the 2.5i and the WRX/STi inderbodies are different from mine so they don't coincide. If I want a custom "full" exhaust done later when I have more money I can always use the muffler anyways. THNX:D

6" is that all.

34srm 01 February 2007 12:08 AM

Quote " theres no cat back systems for 2.5" there must be your just not looking
why have an 07 car and fit billy bodge exhaust on it 6inch you must be joking in fact the whole idea sound abit lame

andythejock01wrx 01 February 2007 12:17 AM

"Hey Y'all" our American buddy !

What is your objective - are you after sound or power - and do you mean just a drainpipe style backbox ? 6" might not look too cool !..............maybe stateside. ;)

X30NGO 01 February 2007 01:40 AM

cars behind you will drive into it thinking it's a tunnel!

andythejock01wrx 01 February 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by X30NGO (Post 6613062)
cars behind you will drive into it thinking it's a tunnel!

Made me larf !! :lol1: :luxhello:

rallying1 01 February 2007 12:39 PM

Anything to do with a muff gets my vote:thumb:

mattpat 01 February 2007 04:10 PM

:lol1:

mattpat 01 February 2007 04:17 PM

Magnaflow is what Chip Foose uses on Overhauling isn't it?
wonder what the quality is like?
Prob along the lines of Powerflow and they don't have too good a rep

II HUFF II 02 February 2007 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by 34srm (Post 6612960)
Quote " theres no cat back systems for 2.5" there must be your just not looking
why have an 07 car and fit billy bodge exhaust on it 6inch you must be joking in fact the whole idea sound abit lame

"2.5i"...it's the nonturbo...not WRX, not STI...go try to find a cat back for it I dare you...oh and by the way, the underbodies of the turbos ARE different form the Non...this was an advice thread, not an opportunity for you to feel like a hot-shot because your talking over the internet.:cuckoo: