ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   dodge pistonheads reply?????????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/579104-dodge-pistonheads-reply.html)

my first scooby 30 January 2007 11:41 PM

dodge pistonheads reply??????????

I have had my car up for sale on pistonheads and i got an email from some french guy.At the top of the email is an alert to say it is from france.is this a genuin inquiry or some try to do me over? this is what the email said let me know what you think?:wonder:
cheers
mark

PISTONHEADS WARNING: This message originates in France

Subaru : subaru impreza wrx

Hi,

I'm french and I'm interested in your car.

I want the full advert with added details about mechanics, body and service.

Can you send me your largest pictures ?

Is the technical control ok ?

Is the car from your country ?

What's the kilometer age ?

What's your real lastest lower price ?

I speak only french or english.

See you soon,

Chris.

EMail : mpk59@ifrance.com

My Phone No: 0

rabskyline 31 January 2007 12:15 AM

the alarm is letting you know thst it originates from another country from pistonheads. thats all... the detail is just a language problem... (ye hope !)

prince_of_tokyo 31 January 2007 12:27 AM

had loads of foreign buyers interested in some cars i sold on pistonheads...BEWARE...they are all fakes...this is what they do

they say they will pay you more than you want for the car as goodwill, and then ask for you to send them the remainder of what they paid you above your sale price as cheque...you will recieve a fake bank statement/letter which they make saying that funds have been sent to your account but in actual fact you will have ****e and will then realise you sent off your own money to some scammer...i think this is it...if im wrong somebody correct me

:thumb:

gizgrey 31 January 2007 10:44 AM

ye would stay well clear,I got scammed on my celica vvti,was wanting 8,500 he sent a bankers draft for 12,500 alarm bells ringing all the time,banked it anyway,got my bank account frozen due to fraud investigation,took ages to sort out,f---ing w---er,if you go with it keep every email they send,and proceed with caution!!and dont give anything unless you have money in hand.

nickwrxstiV2 31 January 2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by my first scooby (Post 6609540)
I have had my car up for sale on pistonheads and i got an email from some french guy.At the top of the email is an alert to say it is from france.is this a genuin inquiry or some try to do me over? this is what the email said let me know what you think?:wonder:
cheers
mark

PISTONHEADS WARNING: This message originates in France

Subaru : subaru impreza wrx

Hi,

I'm french and I'm interested in your car.

I want the full advert with added details about mechanics, body and service.

Can you send me your largest pictures ?

Is the technical control ok ?

Is the car from your country ?

What's the kilometer age ?

What's your real lastest lower price ?

I speak only french or english.

See you soon,

Chris.

EMail : mpk59@ifrance.com

My Phone No: 0

I had exactly the same email, word for word, however it was from ae86@ifrance.com!

I've also had one from Belgium.

I replied to them and said the car was sold and he sent back 'no ****!'????

Nick;)

scoobygez 31 January 2007 11:05 AM

there is too much of this going on lately they all need shooting to$$ers

prince_of_tokyo 31 January 2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by scoobygez (Post 6610456)
there is too much of this going on lately they all need shooting to$$ers

standard :thumb:

my first scooby 31 January 2007 04:19 PM

Thanks for all the replys lads:thumb:
I think i will stay well clear and not even bother replying.

cheers

mark

DannyBoy007 31 January 2007 04:58 PM

Not all bad but I wouldn't accept a bankers draft, cash or bank transfer only

One of the lads down this way sold his on piston heads to someone from sweden.

He had someone local have a look over the car, he paid a deposit direct into his account. Then flew over and then paid cash on collection, he was driven to the dock, had the doc's signed over and jobs was a goodun.

Terminator X 31 January 2007 10:22 PM

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ... !! No offence fella :thumb:

TX.

Originally Posted by gizgrey (Post 6610394)
ye would stay well clear,I got scammed on my celica vvti,was wanting 8,500 he sent a bankers draft for 12,500 alarm bells ringing all the time,banked it anyway,got my bank account frozen due to fraud investigation,took ages to sort out,f---ing w---er,if you go with it keep every email they send,and proceed with caution!!and dont give anything unless you have money in hand.

esp ltd 01 February 2007 05:37 PM

I've sold several cars to Germans who were all fine, you have 2 easy options......the first is to get them to transfer the required amount into your bank around a week before they collect and actually go into your bank to make sure you have 100% cleared funds..........the second is to get them to bring cash, if it's Sterling you're fine but anything else they'll need to pay that straight into your account, either way that's the way i've done it with zero problems.
Most of the scammers i've encountered are of low brain capacity so you should easily spot the b@stards!!
Dave.

rossi_classicwrx 01 February 2007 06:12 PM

ive had the exact same message word for word apart from a different email address!
I just sent back that i wasn't interested at all. My car will be gone soon anyway