ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   6 Nations (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/578942-6-nations.html)

Miss Pitstop 30 January 2007 03:42 PM

6 Nations

Any-one else there looking forward to this weekend as much as me!!

pauld37 30 January 2007 04:53 PM

I see Wilkinson is in the squad, hope thats the end of his injury woes :)

Mr Scoob 30 January 2007 09:28 PM

Great to see Wilkinson back, at least we now have someone who can kick penulties, hopefully England will be surprisingly good

colinversion8 30 January 2007 09:36 PM

think england will see a big change in form now,they haven't been playin badly but without a great kicker its hard against top side's,cant wait for it all too start this weekend

lpski1 03 February 2007 01:25 PM

I'm looking forward to it, although i think that Ireland have the edge, my money is on them :thumb:

Im just about to watch my mate play in his early KO game and then to watch England whilst supping a few jars in the club house.

:D

LanCat 03 February 2007 05:25 PM

Ellis and Wilkinson - I'm almost :cry:

We're back :luxhello:

dashpig 03 February 2007 06:03 PM

OH YEAH !!!!! great England performance by the WHOLE team, but especially that Mr Wilkinson :notworthy - for someone who's not played for SOO long to have that skill intact at the international level is nothing short of amazing ! But it wasn't a try :(

Billy Wizz is still at it as well :thumb: and just how many breaks did Ellis make :notworthy

But lets not carried away, it was only one match - but boy it's definetely a good start :luxhello:

dashpig 03 February 2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Pitstop (Post 6607700)
Any-one else there looking forward to this weekend as much as me!!

And now i'm looking forward to EVERY weekend England are playing !! :D

Return of the Twig 03 February 2007 09:23 PM

I'd calm down a bit if I was you guys. One game against pitiful opposition does not a good team make. Apart from Scottish errors you only created one try and one that should never have been allowed to stand, and still wasted a few opportunities. Against Wales, France and Ireland, you won't be able to miss those chances and I would also be a little worried about the number of times Grewcock was in among the backs getting in the way again.

andythejock01wrx 04 February 2007 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Return of the Twig (Post 6622138)
I'd calm down a bit if I was you guys. One game against pitiful opposition does not a good team make. Apart from Scottish errors you only created one try and one that should never have been allowed to stand, and still wasted a few opportunities. Against Wales, France and Ireland, you won't be able to miss those chances and I would also be a little worried about the number of times Grewcock was in among the backs getting in the way again.

You Walesish ??

Return of the Twig 04 February 2007 11:24 PM

Mebbe! :D

andythejock01wrx 05 February 2007 12:09 AM

:lol1: :thumb:

lpski1 05 February 2007 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Return of the Twig (Post 6625227)
Mebbe! :D

:D at least we didnt lose and gift Ireland their first try ;)

stevem2k 05 February 2007 11:06 AM

It was a great game .... I was there :D

NAF 05 February 2007 04:25 PM

roll on Ireland v England thats what I say ! ;)

Flatcapdriver 07 February 2007 06:04 PM

Good to see everyone jumping on the bandwagon now England are playing a bit better. Where was everyone for the last couple of seasons?

:lol1:

finchyboy 07 February 2007 11:41 PM

That was a very very poor Scotland side in the world rugby scheme of things!!

lpski1 08 February 2007 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver (Post 6634738)
Good to see everyone jumping on the bandwagon now England are playing a bit better. Where was everyone for the last couple of seasons?

Still following England and having £100+ days out at Twickers, how about yourself. :D

Flatcapdriver 08 February 2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by lpski1 (Post 6636963)
Still following England and having £100+ days out at Twickers, how about yourself. :D

Lucky sod. Not jealous at all. You have to laugh though, given the amount of people who turned out in London when England won the World Cup - half of them couldn't even name any members of the team, other than Wilko.

Same here, one semi-decent performance from England and everyone's suddenly interested and yet for the last couple of years getting anyone to reply to a Rugby thread was like pulling teeth unless you count the Sweaties getting a bit overexcited last year when they beat England.

lpski1 08 February 2007 07:37 PM

I'm not sure what's lucky about spending £100+ but still :) tickets are a Bullseye and then there's the beer of course, when you go with rugby players that breathe lager/bitter/guiness/port, its hard not to be involved and spend a fortune. All very memorable up until the games is over, then rapidly down hill from there.

Nearly broke my bladdy ankle playing touch rugby outside twickers stadium the last time i went. Copius beer / touch rubgy / timberland boots...not the best idea i've had :lol1: