ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Heelies (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/578732-heelies.html)

J4CKO 29 January 2007 09:13 PM

Heelies

Anyone else seen small children sliding around with no visible means of doing so ?

Have to admit it confused me a bit, can you get them for er 'adults' ?

Varboy 29 January 2007 09:46 PM

yeah, they look great

you are bound to be able to get them in adult sizes

the kind of thing that I Want One of Those would sell no doubt

Varboy 29 January 2007 09:48 PM

here ya go Jacko, give us a report when you receive them

Heelys Shoes

Bravo2zero_sps 29 January 2007 09:53 PM

My eldest has some and flies about like a lunatic on them. They have been about for ages but still gets looks of confusion from people in shops as he 'floats' by lol

JTaylor 29 January 2007 10:00 PM

I saw these for the first time in Waitrose (;)) the other day whilst shopping with the GF. Stopped the lad to ask what he had on his feet and he raced off to the comfort of his mother. She regarded me with suspicion and pointedly huffed off to the next aisle. So did my girlfriend.

Can you click the wheel in to make them 'normal' shoes?

Bravo2zero_sps 29 January 2007 10:03 PM

Yes the wheels are removable with a filler to turn them into trainer like shoes.

Tam the bam 29 January 2007 10:08 PM

The kids round here are zooming about on them, they look great :thumb:

talizman 29 January 2007 11:41 PM

Yeah you can get them in adult sizes. The wife and I were in NY back in November and we got a few pairs for the kids, whilst she secretly bought a pair for herself! :D

She tried them on in the hotel room, and as she skated towards the window of a 22nd floor hotel room wth no means of stopping, she realised that some things are best left to kids. She hasn't had the wheels in since! :D

Shark Man 29 January 2007 11:55 PM

Wanted a pair since I noticed the bloke on American Hot Rod rolling about on them :)

JPL 29 January 2007 11:57 PM

Got a pair for my boy for his Birthday last week. He's 7 so we decided on the 2 wheel per shoe "trainer"... Supposed to be easier than one wheel. He's "learning" on our laminated lounge floor at the mo... It's not as easy at it looks.

Got the car ticking over... A&E is only 4 miles away :(

Saying that, a girl came to his party and she was just gliding about making the whole thing as simple as pie. :wonder:

He has some learning to do! :thumb:

Smiler 30 January 2007 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by JPL (Post 6605374)
Got a pair for my boy for his Birthday last week. He's 7 so we decided on the 2 wheel per shoe "trainer"... Supposed to be easier than one wheel. He's "learning" on our laminated lounge floor at the mo... It's not as easy at it looks.

Take him to Tesco. Hand him a trolley. Great for learning to Heely whilst you won't fall on yer arse

j4ckos mate 30 January 2007 08:54 AM

hi j4cko, the rottweiler got sally and sam some from florida.

as you can probably imagine sally wont go on them becasue they were too dangerous and sam used to sleep in his because he loved them so much.

Nimbus 30 January 2007 09:13 AM

One of my nephews brought some back from the US last year. He was whizzing around Guildford last summer on them when we went to their place for a visit. He was getting lots of quizzical looks from young kids and adults.

Brendan Hughes 30 January 2007 09:29 AM

Sheesh, where have you lot been? They've been in Lisbon for 3 yrs at least. Almost passé now. (Tip - brilliant in large shopping centres)

davegtt 30 January 2007 09:39 AM

Must admit I saw these about a year and a half ago, maybe even longer.

Do look smart though :) No wonder kids are fatter nowadays if they dont even have to walk anymore ;)

Apparition 30 January 2007 10:03 AM

Plenty on eBay, just order a size bigger than usual. My daughter - in - law has a pair and loves them, she can keep up with my (almost) 4 year old grandson in them.....that has to be a bonus !
Yve

EVOVI 30 January 2007 10:19 AM

All the kids had these when I was in florida last summer...All well and good on nice smooth open pavements of some theme park but on the cracked pot holed streets of the uk I dont think so...Saw 1 kid take a fall that made me choke on my drink it was so funny..Playing crazy golf at one of those pirates cove places so plenty of steep drops..Kid decides to heel down it and almost made it when the front dug in...Face first into the astroturf.

TopBanana 30 January 2007 10:42 AM

They should ban these things from supermarkets... bloody liability. Does look fun though :D

windyboy 30 January 2007 12:11 PM

When I was looking for them for Windydaughter at Christmas the largest size I could find was size 6, so if you are an adult with small feet you could get them but unfortunately I could find any in a size 9 for myself :(

Remember to buy arm & knee pads as adults aren't as bouncey as kids.

Windyboy.

richiewong 30 January 2007 03:37 PM

Heelys Home

DCI Gene Hunt 30 January 2007 03:42 PM

And for £10 - £12.......... strap-ons ;)

J4CKO 30 January 2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 6605904)
hi j4cko, the rottweiler got sally and sam some from florida.

as you can probably imagine sally wont go on them becasue they were too dangerous and sam used to sleep in his because he loved them so much.

We should get some, imagine the physics of that, plus what it would do to a pub floor @!

dpb 30 January 2007 06:06 PM

Sainsburys earlier - well im living on the the costa geriactica i guess

Scooby Snacks 23 31 January 2007 08:07 AM

Saw on GMTV earlier that they're causing accidents all over the place - some kid "wheelied" his way into an oncoming car and is in intensive care with head injuries!! They reckon people are breaking arms and legs all over the place, but most are for head injuries as kids are falling backwards.

The report also said that a few states in Amercia have banned them too!

I'm not bothered either way - if the kids enjoy themselves, then fair enough. It's nothing we haven't already seen with skateboards for instance (first time round that is!).

pwhittle 31 January 2007 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Smiler (Post 6605551)
Take him to Tesco. Hand him a trolley. Great for learning to Heely whilst you won't fall on yer arse

I do that in my trainers anyway, and I'm 33. It's worth it for the looks you get (and the giggles from my 3 year old in the trolley)

On the 'news' this morning they were saying that Heelies pose a threat to kids. We can't have that now can we!

little-ginge 31 January 2007 11:48 AM

Boy, 12, given '50/50 chance of survival' after Heelys accident | the Daily Mail

50/50 chance of survival:(

Shark Man 31 January 2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by pwhittle (Post 6609974)
I do that in my trainers anyway, and I'm 33. It's worth it for the looks you get (and the giggles from my 3 year old in the trolley)

Returning the trolley on the multi-storey car park is the best bit ;):D