ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Seroxat (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/578728-seroxat.html)

406dude 29 January 2007 09:08 PM

Seroxat

Just watched the Panorama program on Seroxat, and while a some of it appeared to be subjective journalism a lot of the story seemed to ring true for the pharmaceutical industry in general - so much run by fu**ing marketeers it's untrue.

No wonder public opinion of it is on its backside with stories like this. Only have to go back a year or so to find the Vioxx fiasco too.

richiewong 29 January 2007 09:17 PM

Finding the over all use of Paroxetine on the decline due to such stories.

With any medication its very subjective, some people will have side effects including suicidal ideation but most SSRI's list this, is it the drug or is it the person, who knows:confused:

What always gets me is that such programmes never list the positive aspects or the thousands of people thats its actually helped.

406dude 29 January 2007 09:29 PM

absolutely...fully agree, but so much of the industry is not run by the science anymore - just look at Pfizer - 10000 jobs going worldwide, a lot of them in R and D. We are so obsessed with chasing the blockbuster targets that they simpy can't afford to fail, leading to stories like this.

Varboy 29 January 2007 09:36 PM

there are rules in place now (not globally) that Pharma will have to publish all results not just those of 'good' trials, so hopefully we should see this kind of thing come to an end

as a side point, wtf has happened to Panorama 30 mins long and dumbed down, why do the BBC see fit to wreck perfectly good programs to try and get it to appeal to the Jade Goody generation?

alcazar 29 January 2007 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Varboy (Post 6604726)
as a side point, wtf has happened to Panorama 30 mins long and dumbed down, why do the BBC see fit to wreck perfectly good programs to try and get it to appeal to the Jade Goody generation?

Because they've spent the last ten years producing cheap crap, and showing loads of repeats, or American rubbish, so that only the Jade Goody generation watch anymore.

Alcazar

Bubba po 29 January 2007 10:44 PM

They give anti-depressants to people who are experiencing acute clinical depression, a symptom of which is thoughts of suicide. It's a bit like saying that a number of people given pills for a poorly leg fell over during medication. :rolleyes:

SiPie 30 January 2007 08:49 AM

Forced to take Seroxat circa 1997 ish for around two years and for me the side effects were quite noticeable (apart from the dry mouth that most seem to get).

Diaorrhea (sp) within an hour of taking the tablets :eek:

Vivid and almost constant dreaming (quite entertaining really !!) :thumb:

Brain-dead ..... what I mean is that I would be in company and where as normally, a funny line or at least some input into conversation would be readily available, instead you were just sat there struggling to find the next line. Great fun in company :rolleyes:

Suicidal ideation.....no greater than normal at that time :cuckoo:

Balance....quite badly affected :(

Also.....could shag for Scotland with zero chance of ejaculation...did list 'sexual disfunction' as a side affect...but g/f at the time never complained :thumb:

In general I found it to be a generally unpleasant drug :(

alcazar 30 January 2007 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 6605889)
Balance....quite badly affected :(

Also.....could shag for Scotland with zero chance of ejaculation...did list 'sexual disfunction' as a side affect...but g/f at the time never complained :thumb:

Ah yes: "delayed ejaculation":(

Alcazar

SiPie 30 January 2007 09:02 AM

Ah yes: "delayed ejaculation"
Severely delayed, indefinitely postponed or maybe even cancelled :D

alcazar 30 January 2007 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 6605956)
Severely delayed, indefinitely postponed or maybe even cancelled :D

Yep. I bet blokes on Seroxat are the only ones ever to have to fake an orgasm:( That or collapse of exhaustion. The word "marathon" didn't even start to describe it:(

Alcazar