ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ninja.. Will it wake the neightbours?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/578387-ninja-will-it-wake-the-neightbours.html)

Spoiler 28 January 2007 09:23 PM

Ninja.. Will it wake the neightbours??

Quick piece of advice please...

Got a wrx(bugeye) with PPP just now, going to replace the prodrive backbox with a ninja one....

As I start early every morning the wife is worried about the levels of noise...

How much extra comes off the Ninja V's Prodrive BB??

Any help before I fit on Tuesday would be great....

Thanks
:norty:

DANGEROUS DAVY 28 January 2007 10:26 PM

Dont have a ninja ave got a h/s stay in ayrshire surprised you dont hear its loud nobody in my street needs an alarm cause I wake em all up :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

andythejock01wrx 29 January 2007 12:35 AM

Believe it's "middle ranking" in loudness, but hopefully somebody that has one will be along soon to confirm.........................

kingofturds 29 January 2007 12:37 AM

GO for the afterburner vortex and make their ears bleed :D

chocolate_o_brian 29 January 2007 06:32 AM

i used to have a ninja backbox, and afterburner decat centre/downpipe syste. it was loud, but mainly due to the downpipe and un-resonated centre sections.

backbox itself gives a lovely burble, and pending its not on a full decat system, will sound gorgeous, and only wake a few neighbours. in comparison on my new scoob (my99 uk turbo compared to old 95 wrx) i have a scoobybits 3" decat centre and backbox combination currently running the standard downpipe, and that is louder than the said previous full decat, so go figure lol.

get it, its sexy and fook the neighbours.

andy

p.s. need anymore help pm me, glad to help out

MaDaSS 29 January 2007 11:37 AM

It is loud and yes the neighbours will hear it. Its what they do or say about it that matters! LOL.
Mine don't say anything to my face, but there are older folk around me and i bet they are slagging me off to each other.
And i dont get on with them all, (they block my garage access, but thats another rant) and yet they still aint said owt to my face.
So you want it, you buy it and enjoy it.
But i think it is middle in the loudness scale :)

Mick 29 January 2007 12:02 PM

If it's upsetting your neighbours don't go too loud - it will be illegal at some point - if they complain to the Police you're stuffed. cue ScoobyNet ad 'afterburner Vortex for sale' :lol1:

I bought a bike with a 'race-can' on it - I knew it was loud but didn't think much of it - but new regs meant it failed the MoT & I had to put a baffle in...

Mick :D

andythejock01wrx 29 January 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 6602223)
If it's upsetting your neighbours don't go too loud - it will be illegal at some point - if they complain to the Police you're stuffed. cue ScoobyNet ad 'afterburner Vortex for sale' :lol1:

Mick :D

:lol1: :thumb:

GazTheHat 29 January 2007 01:21 PM

With just the Ninja BB alone, it wont be bad at all.

It will defo get on your neighbours t!ts if you full decat and non-resonate too though. Been there done that, got the ear plugs to prove it ;)

pslewis 29 January 2007 01:29 PM

Ninja alone is a nice balance - luvverly burble, not monotonous at motorway speeds, an everyday exhaust system.

micared-prodrive 29 January 2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Spoiler (Post 6600352)
Quick piece of advice please...

Got a wrx(bugeye) with PPP just now, going to replace the prodrive backbox with a ninja one....

As I start early every morning the wife is worried about the levels of noise...

How much extra comes off the Ninja V's Prodrive BB??

Any help before I fit on Tuesday would be great....

Thanks
:norty:

I had the prodrive exhaust then changed to a ninja but found that to quiet,you only need to worry if you have a vortex with a decat centre section:)

scoobfan 29 January 2007 05:56 PM

Lovely exhaust, I had one on my Wagon and it was'nt too bad.

I then fitted the de-cat downpipe and it got deeper.

With a de-cat centre, I should imagine it would be awsome/loud

Rob

scoobfan 29 January 2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6602612)
Ninja alone is a nice balance - luvverly burble, not monotonous at motorway speeds, an everyday exhaust system.

WTF:eek:

Pete, someone has hijacked your keyboard, quick your rep dissapearing:lol1:

Rob

Spoiler 29 January 2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6602612)

That's what I thought it was...

Find out when I fit it tomorrow....

:lol1: