ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   bug wrx to bug sti prodrive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/577915-bug-wrx-to-bug-sti-prodrive.html)

geordiewrx 27 January 2007 10:32 AM

bug wrx to bug sti prodrive

is there much difference between a bug wrx fuel consumption and a bug sti prodrive fuel consumption??

34srm 27 January 2007 10:33 AM

if fuel consumption is a consideration think you need a diesel

geordiewrx 27 January 2007 10:35 AM

no i dont i have a silver bug wrx already was curious as to the difference that was all as im thinking of changing, trying to work it out thats all!!!

34srm 27 January 2007 10:40 AM

go on get one bought stop being sensible and working out running costs its a subaru it always costs more than you think, if its the wife you have to justify if to just tell her its about the same if you want one get one lifes to short

elreg_sti 27 January 2007 11:26 AM

ive got a bug sti prodrive, £40 of v power will get u bout 220 miles normal driving, thats not giving it welly everywhere

Bug Eyed Peas 27 January 2007 11:33 AM

You`ll have so much fun driving the car, expense won`t come into it. As you already own a Scoob you are used to the running costs.
So do it, I very much doubt the rise in fuel costs will be that significant.
Anthony
The pleasure will outweigh the price. :thumb:

wolfie28 27 January 2007 11:36 AM

My standard bugeye WRX will do between 300-200 miles (taking it easy-thrashing its nuts off) for a full tank of super unleaded.

Wolfie.

Chelspeed 27 January 2007 12:12 PM

I had a bug eye WRX then PPP'd it then got a bug eye STi then PPP'd that too. Don't really recall much difference in consumption between any of them. If anything the PPP improves it.

I'd say I got around 22 from the WRX and 20 form the STi, something like that. Work out your likely STi consumption from whatever you get now.

The STi is much nicer to drive in my opinion. But the PPP on the STi is absolutley vital. It's really quite nasty without, you're forever changing gears with the 6 speed box and the standard motor running out of puff at 5500rpm. Add PPP and it's a lovely car. I even quite like the STi version of the bug eye lights (hangs head in shame) but couldn't wait to get rid of the WRX lights.

geordiewrx 27 January 2007 12:23 PM

thanks for input guys will be considering in a week or so will let you know what i decide

cookstar 27 January 2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by 34srm (Post 6595265)
if fuel consumption is a consideration think you need a diesel

such a stupid thing to say

I can afford to run mine and spend thousands modifying it.

I still however keep a eye on how many miles it does to a tank

cookstar 27 January 2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 6595521)
such a stupid thing to say

I can afford to run mine and spend thousands modifying it.

I still however keep a eye on how many miles it does to a tank

which by the way ranges from 50 - 340 from a tank ;)

andythejock01wrx 27 January 2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 6595526)
which by the way ranges from 50 - 340 from a tank ;)

:lol1: ;)