ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Best midfield in the World (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/577589-best-midfield-in-the-world.html)

ash1 25 January 2007 11:28 PM

Best midfield in the World

Time for Rafa to power up midfield - Liverpool - TEAMtalk Football News

Sissoko back soon. time to go 3-5-2.

"Yet soon - with three world-class central midfielders at his disposal, and one being the finest on planet football - Benitez has the chance to engineer the perfect battleplan.

Unleash them all and thereby wreak havoc as the Reds mount a powerful assault for silverware at home and abroad."

richie001 25 January 2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 6590475)
Time for Rafa to power up midfield - Liverpool - TEAMtalk Football News

Sissoko back soon. time to go 3-5-2.

"Yet soon - with three world-class central midfielders at his disposal, and one being the finest on planet football - Benitez has the chance to engineer the perfect battleplan.

Unleash them all and thereby wreak havoc as the Reds mount a powerful assault for silverware at home and abroad."

you've fallen a sleep and you are dreaming

ash1 25 January 2007 11:37 PM

ha ha, sometimes feels like it.

anyone name a better one? sissoko will soon be better than viera as defensive midfielder, alonso one of the best midfield ball players and I dont need to say anything about Gerrard do I ?

cmon rafa, play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, 3 in midfield and 2 up. Will destroy everything in sight.

davegtt 26 January 2007 12:07 PM

best midfield in the world?

RW Andy Liddell
CM Ritchie Wellens
CM Gary McDonald
LW Chris Taylor.

Youve been told.

STi wanna Subaru 26 January 2007 12:29 PM

Sissoko is a liability. He'll be banned more than he plays.

davegtt 26 January 2007 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 6590520)
Will destroy everything in sight.

Like the Kop with Garcias shooting? :D

ash1 26 January 2007 03:06 PM

Sissoko only 1 red in 120 apps ??? Dave, try and keep up, we're not talking about Garcia.

davegtt 26 January 2007 03:17 PM

I know your not talking about Garcia, never mind, go back to sleep.

jasey 27 January 2007 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 6590520)
anyone name a better one?

Arsenal's youth team :lol1:

davegtt 27 January 2007 11:25 AM

:lol:

ash1 27 January 2007 12:42 PM

dont know any of them. are they any good?

richie001 27 January 2007 12:47 PM

you should do they stuck 9 past you in 2 games

P1Fanatic 27 January 2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 6595590)
you should do they stuck 9 past you in 2 games

Haha - you kinda walked into that one ash :)

Si

P1Fanatic 27 January 2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 6590492)
you've fallen a sleep and you are dreaming

That was exactly my thought. All overrated but only by pool fans - everyone else knows they aint all that. Now Im just waiting for the "but check out our history, 18 league titles bla bla" line to make its way into this thread :)

Si

jasey 27 January 2007 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 6595727)
Haha - you kinda walked into that one ash :)

Si

Go away for two hours and someone else has sprung your trap :mad:

:luxhello: :lol1: :D .

Apart from Gerrard I didn't know any of Liverpool's "Best midfield in the world" :lol1:

moneys 27 January 2007 06:41 PM

name a better passer of the ball in the prem than alonso then?
name a better player at breaking up play and marking any danger man out of the game than momo then?
GO ON I DARE YA

ash1 27 January 2007 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 6595762)
Go away for two hours and someone else has sprung your trap :mad:

:luxhello: :lol1: :D .

Apart from Gerrard I didn't know any of Liverpool's "Best midfield in the world" :lol1:

yawn, what have I walked into exactly ? I can see where the dreamers are, those that are still thinking about a B rated cup match 3 weeks ago.

and technically speaking, they did not stick 9 past us.

richie001 27 January 2007 07:30 PM

Claude Makelele has been the best defensive midfield in the world for the last 10 years no other player has in football got a position on the field named after him (the makelele role).

edited to say Real Madrid have won nothing since he left.

P1Fanatic 28 January 2007 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by moneys (Post 6596464)
name a better passer of the ball in the prem than alonso then?
name a better player at breaking up play and marking any danger man out of the game than momo then?
GO ON I DARE YA

As per current Opta stats:

Top Passer Francesc Fabregas (Arsenal) 1619

Si

richiewong 28 January 2007 12:14 AM

Tackler:

McCann (123) at Villa followed by Scott Parker(114)

moneys 28 January 2007 10:12 AM

Woh there since when have we been able to qoute stats on here? every time i or ash mention about numbers i:e trophys won. you all spit your dummies out. Alonso is the best passer of the ball in the prem by far, fabrigas mainly passes short and does little one two,s he does not spread play or switch sides consistantly throughout a game. As for this 'makelele' role i,ve never heard it called that ever, even didi hamman was a better player than him and i,m sure the reason real madrid have won nothing the last few years has sod all to do with it as the motto is to just score one more than the opposition no matter how many they concede.:D

ash1 28 January 2007 11:29 AM

Real Madrid situation might have something to do with changing managers twice a season ? or maybe 10 other players on the pitch ?

Nice stats for Cesc, sadly lacking in goal contributions though.

Moneys - good point, no mention of the past from us on here, its usually from those who can't stomach it.

Funkii Munkii 28 January 2007 02:54 PM

Ithink Liverpool have a couple of decent Midfielders, Alonso being one and Gerrard the other, we were discussing Liverpool in the pub yesterday and considered opinion of most was Rafa has bought a lot of crap and apart from Gerrard no one shows any sort of consistency, again we blamed Benitez for this !

ash1 28 January 2007 03:35 PM

that sounds about right, you cant help talking about us, sort of eats away at manure fans, to the point where you sing our songs, makes me laugh though.

did you blame benitez for his success ?

Funkii Munkii 28 January 2007 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 6599129)
that sounds about right, you cant help talking about us, sort of eats away at manure fans, to the point where you sing our songs, makes me laugh though.

did you blame benitez for his success ?

I would have hoped that after your two year exile you would have returned to SN a reformed character but you're still a **** :lol1:

ash1 28 January 2007 10:46 PM

sadly, its the twats that brought me out of my exile.

I came back to put people like you right !