ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Car Batteries?? Which one (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/577208-car-batteries-which-one.html)

Russ71 24 January 2007 09:00 PM

Car Batteries?? Which one

As a matter of great urgency, I have to buy a battery for the car tomorrow morning as I am going out tomorrow night and I dont want to be stranded, so I need to buy one in the morning to take it home and charge it ready for going out, what one am I looking for is there a certain type for performance cars, I know the Bosch one is good but I cant get to Costco, its got to be local (Cardiff) any advice cheers especially what type :thumb:

The 13th Duke of Wybourne 24 January 2007 09:11 PM

I find the black ones are best, try and get one with both a '+' and a '-' on it and you should be OK :thumb:

Failing that go to your local bloody motor factors and just ask :rolleyes:

HTH

KJD Mk1 24 January 2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Russ71 (Post 6585857)
As a matter of great urgency, I have to buy a battery for the car tomorrow morning as I am going out tomorrow night and I dont want to be stranded, so I need to buy one in the morning to take it home and charge it ready for going out, what one am I looking for is there a certain type for performance cars, I know the Bosch one is good but I cant get to Costco, its got to be local (Cardiff) any advice cheers especially what type :thumb:

I think I read that Halfords have a 10%discount on batteries at the mo:wonder:

The 13th Duke of Wybourne 24 January 2007 09:24 PM

^^^ Wot he said :)

I would offer to lend you my Halfords Trade card as well, but it will probably cost you more money in fuel to come and pick it up from me than you'll save on the battery :D

It's OK, I'm going now :lol1:

milf hunter 24 January 2007 09:32 PM

batteries in CARDIFF » Yell.comExhaust Tyres and Batteries

try these in cardiff if you cannot find one here you in trouble:luxhello:

Russ71 24 January 2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne (Post 6585899)
I find the black ones are best, try and get one with both a '+' and a '-' on it and you should be OK :thumb:

Failing that go to your local bloody motor factors and just ask :rolleyes:

HTH

Oh look everyone it must be one of those trolls that everybody hates, So funny I almost forgot to laugh:rolleyes: Couldnt you post something a little more constructive ie the best one to get are the 65Ah 510A or was that out of your mental capacity:rolleyes: What a knob.

The 13th Duke of Wybourne 24 January 2007 09:38 PM

Glad I could brighten up your evening Russ71, you brightened up mine :D

milf hunter 24 January 2007 09:46 PM

Subaru IMPREZA (1993>>) Car Batteries

try this one Russ

Russ71 24 January 2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by milf hunter (Post 6586055)

Cheers mate thats what I was looking for, thanks:thumb: , someone with intelligence on here.

Russ71 24 January 2007 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by kjdmk1 (Post 6585915)
I think I read that Halfords have a 10%discount on batteries at the mo:wonder:

Cheers Kev:thumb:

milf hunter 24 January 2007 10:08 PM

Heavy Duty 110AMP 12 Volt Leisure Battery - sunshinesolar.co.uk

this is heavy duty

KJD Mk1 24 January 2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by milf hunter (Post 6586183)

And he will need his wagon just to carry it around:lol1:

milf hunter 24 January 2007 10:14 PM

if he buys a solar panel it will never go flat unless its parked
in a dark garage:wonder:

Russ71 24 January 2007 10:21 PM

Sounds like im getting picked on, :confused: :Suspiciou Ive noticed on other threads they are mentioning different kinds for performance cars, I thought I would just clarify on here which ones would be best, I know its black with a plus and a minus, crickey its like being back in the playground again :nono: :razz: :lol1:

milf hunter 24 January 2007 10:29 PM

the simple answer to you question is Russ what? additional products are you running on car which will need a bigger battery I.E amps, lights incar systems
if you are using a lot of power you will need a uprated altenator to cope with charging

or if you only use car on weekends buy a optimiser which will keep you battery in top condition.i use this on my motorbikes and keeps battries a1

Russ71 24 January 2007 10:34 PM

Cheers, the car is only used on weekends so that answers a question I didnt even think to ask, thanks for that one. Its just a basic WRX with PPP no other bits apart from a XCS Positive Charge System to aid the stabilization of the electronics of the car.

milf hunter 24 January 2007 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=Russ71;6586376]Cheers, the car is only used on weekends so that answers a question I didnt even think to ask, thanks for that one. Its just a basic WRX with PPP no other bits apart from a XCS Positive Charge System to aid the stabilization of the electronics of the car

the battery is losing charge thourgh the week and the less you use batteriy the quicker they fail unless the have a charging system to keep it in good condition

bike batteries only last 1 year if you lucky with the alarm draining the system
so you have to keep it on a optimiser which discharges and recharges the battery :thumb:

Russ71 24 January 2007 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=milf hunter;6586413]

Originally Posted by Russ71 (Post 6586376)
Cheers, the car is only used on weekends so that answers a question I didnt even think to ask, thanks for that one. Its just a basic WRX with PPP no other bits apart from a XCS Positive Charge System to aid the stabilization of the electronics of the car

the battery is losing charge thourgh the week and the less you use batteriy the quicker they fail unless the have a charging system to keep it in good condition

bike batteries only last 1 year if you lucky with the alarm draining the system
so you have to keep it on a optimiser which discharges and recharges the battery :thumb:

Cheers Milf, it is used on weekends but only for short trips so I suppose thats where my problems rise from, lack of use. Is this optomiser an add on and could I get these at these battery places?

milf hunter 24 January 2007 10:52 PM

Battery Saver Maintainer - sunshinesolar.co.uk
SUPRA - KeySafe - security/Management/Access

have look at this link

you can normally buy one in motorbike shop

my mate has this on is camper van and works great

Russ71 24 January 2007 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by milf hunter (Post 6586459)
Battery Saver Maintainer - sunshinesolar.co.uk
SUPRA - KeySafe - security/Management/Access

have look at this link

you can normally buy one in motorbike shop

my mate has this on is camper van and works great

Oh one of those :thumb: thanks for your help.

KJD Mk1 25 January 2007 11:13 AM

I use one of these Russ,
Will keep your NEW battery in tip top condition.
Active Robots - CTEC Battery Chargers - UK

2nd one down just the job for a week end car/bike.
This one will charge a battery from flat and then condition it while its connected, can be left connected for ever, and its water proof.