ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Chopping fallen trees? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/575344-chopping-fallen-trees.html)

Nexuas 18 January 2007 03:19 PM

Chopping fallen trees?

Need a bit more fuel for the open fires

What is the legality of going round and clearing a few fallen trees from public land?

There is a house just round the corner from us which has one over in the garden, so may knock on the door and ask if I can chop some of it up and take home. I may be nice and only charge him £20/£30 to do it for him...

Tidgy 18 January 2007 03:35 PM

what they don't see wont hurt them ;)

only issue might be H and S if you do it yourself, don't think they would be too bothered cos your helping them out, the council i mean

Matteeboy 18 January 2007 03:38 PM

Just had a great big load of logs delivered (despite having a few acres of woodland) - £45 well spent.
Takes bloody ages to get that amount of wood (Toyota Hi-Lux pick up full).!

richs2891 18 January 2007 03:48 PM

Well if you happen to live in a smokeless fuel area the council might complain about burning wood ! Parents have this problem at the moment !

Sorry does not answer the question - but would of thought a sensible council would be glad ! Police might view it as theft though !
Richard

Nexuas 18 January 2007 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by rsarjantson (Post 6562456)
Police might view it as theft though !
Richard

What I was trying to avoid...

Nimbus 18 January 2007 04:34 PM

remember to let it season for a year before you burn it.. ;)

Nexuas 18 January 2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nimbus (Post 6562666)
remember to let it season for a year before you burn it.. ;)

Not a problem as there is eough inthe log shed for this winter, just getting ready for next winter...

Nexuas 18 January 2007 05:12 PM

Just got a call from the outlaws and they have tree down, so will be chopping that up tomorrow if the weater is OK.

Avi 19 January 2007 10:33 AM

Had my chainsaw out at 11pm last night waking all the neighbours up :D

60 foot conifer had fallen on next doors roof, hadn't caused any damage but we needed to hide the evidence before he got back from wherever he was!

Leslie 19 January 2007 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Avi (Post 6565094)
Had my chainsaw out at 11pm last night waking all the neighbours up :D

60 foot conifer had fallen on next doors roof, hadn't caused any damage but we needed to hide the evidence before he got back from wherever he was!

So good to see an honest man!

Les

scoobydooooo 19 January 2007 01:44 PM

i'm glad i don't live next door to him !!

Avi 19 January 2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 6565785)
So good to see an honest man!

Les

There was no damage it's only a conifer for gods sake, but this guy is a fruit loop, he'd probably insist on having structural surveys and everything.

He has roller shutterd on all his windows which he shuts every time he goes out or at night.. and it's not a rough area at all! He locks his 10 year old clio away in his garage as if it's a priceless Ferarri!!

scoobydooooo 19 January 2007 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Avi
Had my chainsaw out at 11pm last night waking all the neighbours up

and he's the nutter !!! :lol:

Avi 23 January 2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo (Post 6566861)
Originally Posted by Avi
Had my chainsaw out at 11pm last night waking all the neighbours up

and he's the nutter !!! :lol:

The tree was dangerous.. couldn;t just leave it :D

scoobydooooo 23 January 2007 03:14 PM

:lol:

TopBanana 23 January 2007 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Avi (Post 6566768)
There was no damage it's only a conifer for gods sake, but this guy is a fruit loop, he'd probably insist on having structural surveys and everything.

He has roller shutterd on all his windows which he shuts every time he goes out or at night.. and it's not a rough area at all! He locks his 10 year old clio away in his garage as if it's a priceless Ferarri!!

You should have let the self righteous lot have a bit more fun before cutting them off with a cold dose of reality. They don't have much excitement in their lives ;)