ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Not more Damage!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/575276-not-more-damage.html)

WarrenSTI 18 January 2007 10:41 AM

Not more Damage!!!

This time its Mags new mini !!

And were are pretty sure this was no accident, just mindless vandalism.
Happend in cheadle last night
Damage is on the passenger door mirror front casing.
Looks like someone has stabbed it with a knife its virtualy gone right through, really annoying the car is not even 2 weeks old.

Been down to David Holmes BMW in stockport this morning for a new mirror front including paint (as they come in primer) and labour it comes to £89. But while I was there I asked them how much for a chrome replacement pair.
As there's no labour or paint its £62 for the pair
What do you reckon - White or chrome
Any ideas??
Here's a pic of the car if you've not seen it already and it has a white roof, so you can get an idea of how chrome caps might look.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../WHP_1804b.jpg

The Chief 18 January 2007 11:02 AM

f**KING B***ARDS!!!!!:mad:

Warren mate sorry to hear that.

they want stringing up!:mad:

fwdnutz 18 January 2007 11:12 AM

:eek: sorry to hear this warren i really feel for you and mags trouble is cheadle has become an absoloute scum hole recently ( sorry if any smacs live there but imho it is :( ) a number of times whilst delivering to morrisons store at night we have had attempted thefts whilst waiting outside gates to deliver we now have to back upto gates to be more secure:Suspiciou
there is a block across the road full of druggie lowlife and young offenders seen em wandering about during early hours with their hoodies up:Suspiciou

its totally down to your taste but i think a bit of chrome would look quite bling and you could always get them painted if you don`t like em or stick em on ebay:thumb:

The Chief 18 January 2007 11:17 AM

Yeah they look good in chrome on Audi S3's why not your Mini?

go for it:thumb:

WarrenSTI 18 January 2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 6561226)
f**KING B***ARDS!!!!!:mad:

Warren mate sorry to hear that.

they want stringing up!:mad:

I Know
Not having much luck at the moment with cars
Just spoke to mags now and told her the prices!!
She wants to go with white caps as the car has white bonnet stripe and roof.
Can't believe were're having to sort this out on a brand car.:brickwall

scoobyverysoon 18 January 2007 11:33 AM

:mad: Cun*s - feel sorry for you m8 - you cannot have rock all these days :mad:

cw42 18 January 2007 03:11 PM

scum, subhuman scum.

chrome imho :)

Gillp95 18 January 2007 03:31 PM

:iamwithst Utter scum, sad news........

Chrome, it will go with the door handles (they look chrome on the picture). I've got chrome covers on my wing mirrors :thumb:

JenniP1 18 January 2007 06:49 PM

Sorry to hear that Warren & Mags :brickwall
Hope you get it sorted soon.

500 18 January 2007 07:59 PM

As above, gutted to hear it.

Oh, and chrome mirrors too ;)

Gav 18 January 2007 08:02 PM

Sorry to hear this Warren, jealous lowlifes:mad:

Dr.P 18 January 2007 09:37 PM

Scum of the earth mate and I'd go with the white.:thumb:

Andy S. 18 January 2007 10:42 PM

Get the chrome ones and wire them up to the coil packs (high voltage) next time the try, they will melt there hands LOL:lol1: :lol1:

PS make sure you get a video set up as well!!

Seriously sorry to hear about Mags's car:(

Martin-STI 18 January 2007 11:18 PM

Pink mirrors????????????????????

Opppppppppps

I mean white.

WarrenSTI 18 January 2007 11:41 PM

Right,
after talking to mags about it tonight we are going to BM place 2mos
She doesn't fancy chrome as thats what was on her old mini, so she's going to have a look at the black & white chequred ones:wonder:
Thing is if she went for a white replacement mirror cover the will have to paint it themselves as they only come in primer. As the car is only 12 days old she wants it as close to factory finish as possible.
Still a pain in the @ss if you ask me, if we could catch the fecking b@stard who did it I'd drag him down to the BM agent and he could bloody pay for it, then he or she would realise the expence and inconvienience involved.

At least though there wasn't any panel damage, thank god:(

Cheers for the comments though everyone:)
'Just watch out' there's alot of jealous people out there as all us Subaru drivers have nice cars (oh and mini drivers)mags

WarrenSTI 18 January 2007 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Andy S. (Post 6564031)
Get the chrome ones and wire them up to the coil packs (high voltage) next time the try, they will melt there hands LOL:lol1: :lol1:

PS make sure you get a video set up as well!!

Seriously sorry to hear about Mags's car:(

Good idea Andy
On board CCTV

WarrenSTI 20 January 2007 11:33 AM

Discoverd yesterday that as a reult of whats happened the electric mirrors have decided not to work, its going in on monday to be sorted.

Regarding the mirror cap itself going for a replacement white one, but in the meantime I am going to have a go at repairing the original. If it looks ok, fine. if it looks more of a mess we'll have to by another, nothing lost nothing gained.:wonder: