ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   St James EMPTY!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/575173-st-james-empty.html)

pslewis 17 January 2007 08:22 PM

St James EMPTY!!

Never thought I would see the day - the Toons have stayed away from St James tonight, it's less populated than a Conference League Game!! :eek:

Newcastle are getting shown how to play footie by Birmingham .... its a sad, sad, sad, spectacle - the death of a once (30 years ago) big club!!

Oh, Dear .... so sad .......

Walk down the road and watch a decent team - BORO!!!!! :thumb:

Chris_B_WRX 17 January 2007 08:35 PM

Only 1-0 at the mo. Plenty of time yet ! ;)

pauld37 17 January 2007 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_B_WRX (Post 6560092)
Only 1-0 at the mo. Plenty of time yet ! ;)

Not now

pslewis 17 January 2007 09:38 PM

Oh, Dear - OH, Dear - 3 -1 thrashing!!

Have Newcastle turned up yet??

Ha Ha Ha Ha PATHETIC!!!!! :D

16vmarc 17 January 2007 10:09 PM

5-1

:lol1:

STi wanna Subaru 17 January 2007 10:10 PM

'Greatest fans in the world TM' My arse! Patchtic from the Toon fans! They were walking out long before the end. I'm in no way a Liverpool fan but even when they were stuffed 6-2 they stayed till the end and sung their team off.

Dracoro 17 January 2007 10:11 PM

5:1! They made mincemeat out of newcastle. Newcastle never really looked like they wanted it, very pathetic performance. Great defending from Bruceys men and good finishing too.

pete, the crowd was 27,000 or so, so hardly empty, guess it's such a big stadium that it looks empty with anything less than 40,000 people in.

Boro - lol, they just lost to Charlton didn't they! They're even worse than newcastle, and as for sunderland, pah :D

They really can't play footy up in the north-east can they.

pslewis 17 January 2007 10:14 PM

OH MY GOD!!!

A FIVE - ONE THRASHING!!!!!

pslewis 17 January 2007 10:15 PM

FIVE

FIVE

FIVE!!!

Abdabz 18 January 2007 08:32 AM

They were getting less than 27k back when they were in the heady heights of what is now 'the championship'. It's never been a football town and still isnt...
Old Trafford would never be 50% full for a first team game... I thought Boro were bad getting 50% gates for home games in the prem... Maybe its a symptom of football in general but there are only a tiny percentage of teams now who will sell out or at least achieve over 90% gates in football these days...
Oh and Newcastle were appalling last night :eek:

16vmarc 18 January 2007 09:28 AM

Old Trafford was at 74924 for the Villa Cup game. Overall capacity 76212.

alcazar 18 January 2007 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 6560794)
Old Trafford would never be 50% full for a first team game...

Maybe not, but I'd like to bet a higher proportion of the St James' crowd was from Newcastle than the ManU crowd was from Manchester;)

Alcazar

richiewong 18 January 2007 10:18 AM

Biggest sack of sh1te seen in a few weeks(C'mon its the Toon, one minute semi-decent the next utter pants):mad:

Many stayed away last night with the majority of people turning up being those who don't have season tickets.
Thought the crowd would be about the 20k mark, with the BBC showing nearly stayed away myself.

As soon as the forth went in they left and don't blame them, one of the most lackluste displays I've seen since the Sheffield Utd game.

I stuck it out till the end and will be there on Saturday as ever.

Pete, not even going to bite.
Out of the FA but still in the UEFA and still we'll never be a small town in Yorkshire:raz::D

TOON

STi wanna Subaru 18 January 2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 6561049)
Biggest sack of sh1te seen in a few weeks(C'mon its the Toon, one minute semi-decent the next utter pants):mad:

Many stayed away last night with the majority of people turning up being those who don't have season tickets.
Thought the crowd would be about the 20k mark, with the BBC showing nearly stayed away myself.

As soon as the forth went in they left and don't blame them, one of the most lackluste displays I've seen since the Sheffield Utd game.

I stuck it out till the end and will be there on Saturday as ever.

Pete, not even going to bite.
Out of the FA but still in the UEFA and still we'll never be a small town in Yorkshire:raz::D

TOON

to be fair Spurs should have spanked you in the first half. Still not sure how you managed to win that game. You need more players and quick!

richiewong 18 January 2007 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6561094)
to be fair Spurs should have spanked you in the first half. Still not sure how you managed to win that game. You need more players and quick!

Yep, eveyone is looking knackered and the youth team aren't cut out at this level.

Can't see any signings on the front and times getting short:rolleyes:

kingofturds 18 January 2007 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6560037)
Never thought I would see the day - the Toons have stayed away from St James tonight, it's less populated than a Conference League Game!! :eek:

Newcastle are getting shown how to play footie by Birmingham .... its a sad, sad, sad, spectacle - the death of a once (30 years ago) big club!!

Oh, Dear .... so sad .......

Walk down the road and watch a decent team - BORO!!!!! :thumb:

What do you mean, a 6 goal thriller at st james:D nothing wrong with that. You can only dream of such riches.

16vmarc 18 January 2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6561094)

I was saying Newcastle were going to get hammered thoughout that game!! :lol1:

pslewis 18 January 2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6561204)
What do you mean, a 6 goal thriller at st james:D nothing wrong with that. You can only dream of such riches.

BORO versus HULL was a SEVEN goal thriller!!

So, whats your point??

richiewong 18 January 2007 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6561888)

So, whats your point??

It means that Newcastle are bad but Boro are even worse, just had the luck on the night:lol1:

kingofturds 18 January 2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6561888)

So, whats your point??

We lost to a team thats top of the championship and you struggle to beat a team thats at the bottom??:D sights are set firmly on the uefa this season Pete, you know the one you came crashing out of last season:thumb:

Funkii Munkii 18 January 2007 05:12 PM

Jerome looked a very useful player is he one of the gooners on loan there??

Funkii Munkii 18 January 2007 05:36 PM

double post
What's up with the site it's a bit knackered at the momet

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6562148)
We lost to a team thats top of the championship and you struggle to beat a team thats at the bottom??:D sights are set firmly on the uefa this season Pete, you know the one you came crashing out of last season:thumb:

Much as I hate to say it, Birmingham are on pretty good form. I guess they just want to get back into the EPL in order to get spankings off Villa again. :D

richiewong 19 January 2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Little Miss WRX (Post 6563796)
Much as I hate to say it, Birmingham are on pretty good form. I guess they just want to get back into the EPL in order to get spankings off Villa again. :D

Alright there Michelle:thumb:

Birmingham out played the Toon in every department, well organised and up for it.
The Toon are a mess, probably win against the Hammers on Saturday after the debarcle on Wednesday, can't play any worse........I hope:cry:

Funkii Munkii 19 January 2007 09:23 AM

Belgravia pull out of St James takeover
BBC NEWS | Business | Belgravia ends Newcastle Utd bid

Hardly suprising afer the Birmingham result ;), did anyone happen to see the sour look on FFS face, he obviously had wind of this.

richiewong 19 January 2007 09:30 AM

Heard that on the news this AM, no surprise at all.

Now where that US group to take over:D.........not kidding either:eek:

kingofturds 30 January 2007 03:16 PM

ahhh goals forgot what they look like:D

YouTube - Alan Shearer Great goals

richiewong 30 January 2007 03:24 PM

Don't see us getting much against the Villians tomorrow night as well:(

kingofturds 30 January 2007 03:29 PM

afraid not:( unless shearer does a wwf "ultimate warrior" styleeeee return to the pitch half way through the game:D

richiewong 30 January 2007 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6607653)
afraid not:( unless shearer does a wwf "ultimate warrior" styleeeee return to the pitch half way through the game:D

Wanted him to do that during the Brum game:lol1:
Well like that game,Tomorrow I'll stick it out to the bitter end I suppose:rolleyes: