ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   You weren't interested!! - MS MOM (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/575135-you-werent-interested-ms-mom.html)

David_Wallis 17 January 2007 06:42 PM

You weren't interested!! - MS MOM

Well I offered it to you lot and you werent interested :p

MOM Resources v1.0

David

stevem2k 17 January 2007 07:08 PM

I'm still in shock that your website's up :P

...and you spelled brief incorrectly btw ;)

ChrisB 17 January 2007 07:31 PM

Reminds me, must go and see if there's any more news of the MOM / SCE 2007 package that's for VARs to remotely monitor multiple customers sites...

WRX_Rich 18 January 2007 12:26 AM

nicly done David

after setting up a mom eval at our place i was then told it was to expensive, a very nice bit of kit .. made even better if you can write your own managment packs ;)

David_Wallis 18 January 2007 12:59 PM

Reminds me, must go and see if there's any more news of the MOM / SCE 2007 package that's for VARs to remotely monitor multiple customers sites...
Chris, if you do find anything, could you forward it to david@wallis2000.co.uk as Im looking at a career change and this would be ideal for something im planning :)

David_Wallis 18 January 2007 01:00 PM

I'm still in shock that your website's up :P
Why because:

1) it uses dynamic dns with a script I wrote to keep it updated via xml/soap.
2) becuase its hosted on a windows box
3) becuase its IIS on a windows box :p

:D

David

stevem2k 18 January 2007 01:54 PM

I have no doubt of your scripting skills

.... just your technology choices :)

ChrisB 18 January 2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by David_Wallis (Post 6561731)
Chris, if you do find anything, could you forward it to david@wallis2000.co.uk as Im looking at a career change and this would be ideal for something im planning :)

Starter for 10 for you:

Partner Solution for Remote IT Managed Services

David_Wallis 18 January 2007 04:59 PM

Thanks.

David_Wallis 18 January 2007 05:07 PM

.... just your technology choices
I know..

Im picking up bits of the darkside though.. I had that Mandriva / Mandrake 10 on a pc the otherday at home, but I couldnt get my hauppauge pvr500 to work with ivtv. Downloaded FC6 the otherday for round 2

David

stevem2k 18 January 2007 05:26 PM

Ubuntu should work ok with it.

Hyams Home

Nice distro, it's the only one I have stayed with for more than a few months before getting itchy feet

Steve

David_Wallis 18 January 2007 05:54 PM

Im interested in using it with something like mythtv.org and either zoneminder or motion, on the same box.

stevem2k 18 January 2007 09:10 PM

yup ...

pvr setup is the link above,

mythtv setup here MythTV Ubuntu Installation Guide

zoneminder ZoneMinder: Linux Video Camera and CCTV Security with Motion Detection

enjoy :D

David_Wallis 19 January 2007 11:21 AM

Doh.. another one to look at.. Pat was expaining the benefits of X windows and X servers last night :cool:

David

stiscooby 19 January 2007 06:59 PM

I have started to look at this at my work place also.

I have been looking at the Workgroup version at the moment, does anyone know if it's possible to set it so it e-mails you when there is an error/alert etc or do you have to look at the console and check?

Thanks

David_Wallis 23 January 2007 10:52 AM

Dunno about workgroup edition, Any links?
Under ManagementPacks/ComputerGroups
Create a group called 'my servers' and add your machines to this.. Various membership rules etc

Under ManagementPacks/Rule Groups..

Create a Rule group called 'My Notifications' or similar ;)

Properties on that and assign the computer group.

Then create a alert rule click next next add - Send a notification to a notification group.. The rest should be straight forward(ish!)

stiscooby 24 January 2007 07:22 PM

Many thanks for that I will give it a try! Here is a link on the Workgroup Edition MOM 2005 Workgroup Edition

Cheers