ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Time for a remap???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/575013-time-for-a-remap.html)

Dan W 17 January 2007 11:40 AM

Time for a remap????

I'm thinking of remapping my bugeye WRX. To be honest I know little about it all so am looking for advice. I understand that the best place to go is powerstation.

At the moment I have only upgraded the exhaust. I have decatted one section with afterburner plus fitted blitz NURspec R centre section and back box.

The remap is next but thinking of fitting a sport cat first. Will this make that much difference or should I just striaght for the remap?

Either way how much am I looking at spending on the reamp? Are there hidden costs that I will only be =come aware of once I start the remap process. If there are how much extra will they cost.

Finally how much extra BHP can I reasonably expect??

I would appreciate your help here guys.

Tidgy 17 January 2007 11:44 AM

wouldn't trust powerstation to map my car as far as i could throw em. theres a thread in the dealer 3rd party area full of reports of blown up engine etc then poor customer service after the fact.

o hang on there was, its mysteriously disapeared.

pippyrips 17 January 2007 12:29 PM

i've just soerted out a group buy on mapping with Bob Rawle. The cost was £360 for a previously tek'3 ed car or £500 to start from scratch.

Before going for the mapping route you need to consider what other mods you will be planning in the future. The cheaper option is to get all the bits on then map to avoid further tweaking (and cost) down the line.

As for performance gains it really depends on the car and the mapper - also don't just concentrate on bhp figures; torque is equally if not more important

Just a Tek 3 map on its own will make a big difference to your car, decating just makes the difference bigger. I would get a 3 port boost solenoid fitted on the day as well which will help.

StiX 17 January 2007 01:06 PM

I had a Tek 3 remap with Powerstation on my MY00, and have been very pleased with it. Car has just passed 100k too, and its running very nicely thankyou.

I also had a 3 port boost solenoid fitted at the same time.

As above, you are better off getting all the parts fitted first.

I wish sometimes that I had swapped the turbo before I had mine remapped, to go over the magic 300bhp.

Dan W 17 January 2007 02:22 PM

Thanks guys

big daz2 17 January 2007 07:11 PM

dan was it you i saw in cerlion yesterday i ran down the drive to see who it was i think it was you i did wave after you passed.

The Trooper 1815 18 January 2007 09:03 AM

Dan,

Had mine done just before Xmas. No probs with Powerstation on the two previous occasions with mapping either. BHP from 218 to 269.5 and 343 Nm . I have the 3 port fitted, Walbro FP and a Hybrid panel filter. So, not much really.

If needs be pop in if your in the 'Diff soon for a natter.

Dan W 18 January 2007 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by big daz2 (Post 6559649)
dan was it you i saw in cerlion yesterday i ran down the drive to see who it was i think it was you i did wave after you passed.

Yeah it was me Daz, I thought it was you but I presumed it wasn't your neck of the woods. I work in St Cadoc's hust round the corner:thumb:

Dan W 18 January 2007 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 6560861)
Dan,

Had mine done just before Xmas. No probs with Powerstation on the two previous occasions with mapping either. BHP from 218 to 269.5 and 343 Nm . I have the 3 port fitted, Walbro FP and a Hybrid panel filter. So, not much really.

If needs be pop in if your in the 'Diff soon for a natter.

Cheers Ian, Will do.

big daz2 18 January 2007 11:29 AM

yea it was me mate who does the window repair in your place then do you want to earn some commision and get us in there.

Dan W 18 January 2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by big daz2 (Post 6561360)
yea it was me mate who does the window repair in your place then do you want to earn some commision and get us in there.

NHS I'm afraid Daz. Wouldn't know where to start on that one. Hotal services division I think, based up at Llanfrechfa.