ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   lost planet x-box 360 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/575010-lost-planet-x-box-360-a.html)

carlpcross 17 January 2007 11:24 AM

lost planet x-box 360

hi guys, stuck at the end of level 6 where i fight the greeneye but cant get past.

any tips?

carl..

PeteBrant 17 January 2007 11:49 AM

Just about to get to that point - Just starting level 6.

As an aside, what an utterly ace game this is. I think it's probably better than GoW - more vaired, the boss battles are far, far better and the VS's are fantastic.

gotmashed 17 January 2007 12:06 PM

So is this worth me going to buy it then ?

Iain Young 17 January 2007 12:08 PM

I'd like to know that as well. I'd decided to give this a miss after the huge disappointment of GOW

DJ Dunk 17 January 2007 12:10 PM

Taken from an FAQ . . .

Green Eye can be a pain, its like before though, aim for the green bubble things, take the 4 out on each side and 4 more will appear on the front of Green Eye’s head, take those four out and a big one will appear there, pound it from there and you are set. The easiest way to take out Green Eye is to use the Gatling Gun and the Rocket Launcher, I would reserve the rockets for the front 4 and last one since they do the job the easiest then. To avoid his attacks and maneuver around Green Eye press Y to activate your thrusters to make you quicker.

PeteBrant 17 January 2007 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 6557948)
I'd like to know that as well. I'd decided to give this a miss after the huge disappointment of GOW

Try the demo on Marketplace - It gives a pretty accurate impression of what you get. The full game is more impressive.

It's a shoot em up at its base level - You unleash absolute carnage once you get into a VS (mech). It is extremely satisfying to be struggling a bit with lots of enemies, wondering how you are going to get through them all, when you turn a corner, find a mech and give some red hot lead retribution to everything :D.

There is very little enemy AI to talk about, but its not that sort of game - Lots of dumb enemies rather than a few smart ones if you see what I mean.

The boss battles (one on each level) are immense, some of the monsters are absolutely huge.

The back story is typical guff, the voice acting is ok, poor in places - but who cares when you are having this much fun.

carlpcross 17 January 2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 6557956)
Taken from an FAQ . . .

Green Eye can be a pain, its like before though, aim for the green bubble things, take the 4 out on each side and 4 more will appear on the front of Green Eye’s head, take those four out and a big one will appear there, pound it from there and you are set. The easiest way to take out Green Eye is to use the Gatling Gun and the Rocket Launcher, I would reserve the rockets for the front 4 and last one since they do the job the easiest then. To avoid his attacks and maneuver around Green Eye press Y to activate your thrusters to make you quicker.

thanks for that dj, done the 4 spots on both sides, but couldnt work out where to go from there.

everyone, this games is really good, alot more difficult than gow, so is more fustrating but satisfiing at the same time.

does anyone know how many missions there are??

carl..

PeteBrant 17 January 2007 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by carlpcross (Post 6558678)
thanks for that dj, done the 4 spots on both sides, but couldnt work out where to go from there.

everyone, this games is really good, alot more difficult than gow, so is more fustrating but satisfiing at the same time.

does anyone know how many missions there are??

carl..

I think its 12 - Have you tried it online yet? Excellent fun.

carlpcross 17 January 2007 02:34 PM

not yet, will do as soon as i get live at home.

carl..

carlpcross 18 January 2007 09:27 AM

mission complete, the greeneye took some beating but after about 10 goes i pulled it off.
now then i am stuck on mission 8 (think) the bit where you have to find basle at the top of a building well gaurded by loads of infra red flying things,

any help much apprieciated

carlos..

DJ Dunk 18 January 2007 10:12 AM

Try here, great guides . . .

Lost Planet walkthrough, Lost Planet guide, Lost Planet faq

carlpcross 18 January 2007 10:46 AM

cheers dj, your a star.

carlos

carlpcross 19 January 2007 12:45 PM

finished it last night, slightly dissapointing ending but still enjoyed the game.
thanks for your help dj dunk

carlos..

drb5 23 January 2007 10:45 PM

Where's cheapest to buy the game?

Kevin Groat 24 January 2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by drb5 (Post 6582779)
Where's cheapest to buy the game?

Playasia if you can wait, PC world (34.99) reserve and collect if you can't

drb5 25 January 2007 07:32 AM

Thanks mate. Just ordered it and a Cooler King. :thumb: