ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Shocked ...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/574250-shocked.html)

pslewis 14 January 2007 06:07 PM

Shocked ......

Looking for a run-around for the missus while I sort out her gearbox - needs to be cheap and reliable.

Went to see a Skoda Felicia Estate today - 1998, 92,000miles, FSH, 4 Owners, 5 Months MOT, 1 Months Tax .........

I only popped by as it was on the way - well, very nice little car it was too :thumb: Looks simple to work on! Has some issues (the bumper indicates that it was once green, the remote alarm locking doesn't work and there is a suspension clunk).

Didn't buy it as the owner is mis-guided on the price and wants way too much ...... but I was shocked that I liked it so much!

No PAS knocks its appeal massively .... but for not much more than 4 Tyres on the Impreza it makes pretty sensible economic sense!

CC 14 January 2007 07:20 PM

What do you want? A medal?

Baby Scuff 14 January 2007 09:47 PM

You needed to buy another car to sort out your Mrs Box? blimey :s

Skodas are nice now though, made by volkswagon now don't you know :D

martyrobertsdj 14 January 2007 11:21 PM

Nowt wrong with modern Skodas PS, but a Felicia??:razz:

MarkCSC 15 January 2007 10:17 AM

We had a Felica. Great little car. OK it looks realy ugly, but it has a good engine (1.6, avoid the 1.3), fun handling and it really practical.

Suspension clunk could be a sign it is on its way out. Ours clunked and then collapsed (a week after we sold it ;) )

TopBanana 15 January 2007 11:32 AM

Never driven the Felicia, but had a new Octavia hire car and it felt like a really solid workhorse

pslewis 15 January 2007 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Champion (Post 6549590)
We had a Felica. Great little car. OK it looks realy ugly, but it has a good engine (1.6, avoid the 1.3), fun handling and it really practical.

Suspension clunk could be a sign it is on its way out. Ours clunked and then collapsed (a week after we sold it ;) )

1.3 it needs to be for the Insurance Grouping

Did you know what the clunking was? This doesn't do it all the time ...... but, I know they suffer from Suspension failure come MOT time.

TopBanana 15 January 2007 02:18 PM

It could be anything, probably a balljoint or something

MarkCSC 15 January 2007 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6550304)
1.3 it needs to be for the Insurance Grouping

Did you know what the clunking was? This doesn't do it all the time ...... but, I know they suffer from Suspension failure come MOT time.

Ah, oh well. Most 1.3s sound like a sewing machine but seem to go on for ever.

The clunking on our was the shock bottoming out. I think the oil seal had gone, then it finally collapsed. Cheap to fix though

Bat-Fink 15 January 2007 05:35 PM

Why not just let her have the Skoda and scrap the Micra?