ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What Was Plod Doing To Them Scoobs On The M4/M5 Today (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/573524-what-was-plod-doing-to-them-scoobs-on-the-m4-m5-today.html)

Alan MaC 11 January 2007 09:08 PM

What Was Plod Doing To Them Scoobs On The M4/M5 Today

Evening All,

Was going North on the M5 where the M4 joins at Bristol about 1 30 this Afternoon.

As I passed the Flyover,Plod had Boxed in 4 Scoobs, on the Hard Shoulder, the rear car was a White STI, I wasn't hanging around, when I passed, it had a Plodmobile in the Rear Blue Lghts going & a similar one at the front blocking them in.

Any one know what that was all about?

Traffic was slowing down for a good look.

THanks all.

Alan MaC

R.A. 12 January 2007 12:04 AM

WOW, you saw real traffic police???
thought they'd all been replaced by scamera's by now.

Alan MaC 12 January 2007 12:25 PM

Yeah that's what made me take notice. Seriously though, anyone know what is was all about?

X30NGO 12 January 2007 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by R.A. (Post 6539462)
WOW, you saw real traffic police???

they were obviously lost whilst trying to find the nearest service station coffee machine...

GazTheHat 12 January 2007 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alan MaC (Post 6540623)
Yeah that's what made me take notice. Seriously though, anyone know what is was all about?

Practising boxing-in vehicles and pincer manouvres on the fastest road vehicles available ;)

T5NYW 12 January 2007 05:34 PM

Obvious small Front No. plate infringement ;)

Tony

Nido 12 January 2007 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW (Post 6541830)
Obvious small Front No. plate infringement ;)

:nono:

That would have warrented the force Heli and an ARV or two ;) :D

Mangel 12 January 2007 08:05 PM

Probably waiting for me!!! they missed though. got the wrong!!!

danwrx4 12 January 2007 08:50 PM

Just as a guess mate, could they of caught them racing down the motorway?

Robocop 12 January 2007 09:06 PM

It might be something to do with this. WR1 Owners Club :: View topic - Stolen from forecourt.

Tileys are the Subaru dealer in Bristol, for those of you who didn't know.

pippyrips 12 January 2007 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Robocop (Post 6542815)
It might be something to do with this. WR1 Owners Club :: View topic - Stolen from forecourt.

Tileys are the Subaru dealer in Bristol, for those of you who didn't know.

:eek:

GazTheHat 12 January 2007 09:49 PM

Just glad to be out of bristol myself. Every car broken in/stolen/damaged whilst we lived there.

340BHP-WRX 12 January 2007 10:12 PM

Might have been something to do with there is an armed gang apparently targeting Subaru's and other high performance jap cars in Gloucestershire.

5 stolen from round here in the last 3 weeks,2 from people I know.

The police said on the radio today that anyone owning one of these cars should take out extra security measures as so many of them are being stolen.

My 1 mates had 2 cat 1 alarm/immobiliser's,a steering wheel lock and a tracker.Went to bed,next morning it was gone ! Must be professionals to get around all that without making any noise.

The police reckon they are being stolen to be used as getaway cars in robberies.

MrRA 12 January 2007 11:00 PM

Fkk, what a hard post to read on the WR1 owners club. 'bob' writes like he speaks by the sound of it :rolleyes:

dreamer_girl 12 January 2007 11:34 PM

Ok that's interesting about Gloucestershire.

We had some car thefts around here (Surrey), guys were interrupted half-way through by local copper, but they got away. He got the rego and the Gloucester police saw the car and stopped it. To find a load of blokes got out, armed...

I wonder.....

340BHP-WRX 12 January 2007 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer_girl (Post 6543401)
Ok that's interesting about Gloucestershire.

We had some car thefts around here (Surrey), guys were interrupted half-way through by local copper, but they got away. He got the rego and the Gloucester police saw the car and stopped it. To find a load of blokes got out, armed...

I wonder.....

Very worrying !

340BHP-WRX 12 January 2007 11:56 PM

Just found this,it explains alot !

this is gloucestershire - news, sport, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

nik52wrx 13 January 2007 12:02 AM

I think a Subaru would be the last car i used in a ram raid. Barely tapped my door with the wifes car door and was still left with a noticable dink. F**k knows what a full scale ram would do to the rear end.
Nik.

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX (Post 6543487)

340BHP-WRX 13 January 2007 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by nik52wrx (Post 6543505)
I think a Subaru would be the last car i used in a ram raid. Barely tapped my door with the wifes car door and was still left with a noticable dink. F**k knows what a full scale ram would do to the rear end.
Nik.

We aren't talking about the brightest people here though are we !!

They aren't using the Subaru for the Ram raid,they are using them just for the getaway.

Do you think they lift off the throttle when the knock-link lights up :wonder:

cossie01 13 January 2007 12:05 AM

They are nicking 4x4's jeep's and shoguns and the like to do the ram raids and nick the atm's.

Then using the subaru's to get away in ;)

cossie01 13 January 2007 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX (Post 6543515)

Do you think they lift off the throttle when the knock-link lights up :wonder:

ROFLMFAO :lol:

340BHP-WRX 13 January 2007 12:10 AM

And I hope to god they are filling the tanks up with V-power/octane booster or at least nicking a Subaru with that in,you wouldnt want fatal det while trying to get away with some very hot notes :rolleyes:

cossie01 13 January 2007 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX (Post 6543532)
And I hope to god they are filling the tanks up with V-power/octane booster or at least nicking a Subaru with that in,you wouldnt want fatal det while trying to get away with some very hot notes :rolleyes:

Hmm, dunno if they would use V-power tbh, surely it would be cheaper for them to use tesco 99 ??? ;)

Alan MaC 13 January 2007 11:35 AM

Robo Cop it was a White STI that was at the back of the Box in.

Wonder if was part of that?

If it was, in fainess to Plod, he's trying to do a job.

My mate got stopped in his Green STI late last night, spent a fortune on it.

Plod asked for all his Documents after which he said, people had been breaking into peoples house to nick the keys and, the Scoob disappears. (ringing?)

My mate thanked Plod and thought if his was nicked at least they were doing something, then thought would they have stopped??