ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Chelsea FC - Trading Standards Warning (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/573453-chelsea-fc-trading-standards-warning.html)

G-STAR 11 January 2007 06:23 PM

Chelsea FC - Trading Standards Warning

Trading Standard Officers have ordered the urgent recall of a defective product found to be faulty and dangerous.

Over the Christmas and New Year period, tests proved the components in the product called Chelsea FC would fall apart when placed under the smallest amount of pressure. Consumers first experienced problems last year, when it was noted the product failed to work properly in Europe. Complaints were made about it malfunctioning and then emitting a continuous whining noise usually in Portuguese.

At the time the complaints were ignored. But when the product started falling apart in Britain over Christmas, the Trading Standards Authority took action.

A spokesman warned:

We particularly want to stress to parents that, with Chelsea FC, there is a genuine risk of choking that may end in tears come May.

Despite assurances from the company behind the product that action was taken to correct the faulty parts, including abandoning the use of the highly unpredictable and sub-standard component "roberthuth" malfunctions have continued.

Consumers have been urged to check the small print carefully for the words this product may contain traces of Shevchenko. If that is the case buyers of the product are urged to put it back in its box and return immediately. Shevchenko has been known to cause a severe allergic reaction in many consumers, causing them to shout involuntarily "You useless Ukrainian t**t and "For f*cks sake bring back Carlton Cole."

:D

16vmarc 11 January 2007 06:29 PM

:lol:

pauld37 11 January 2007 07:20 PM

Look forward to bumping this in May ;)

G-STAR 11 January 2007 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 6538311)

I will, thanks. :p

Chris_B_WRX 11 January 2007 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by G-STAR (Post 6538111)
Trading Standard Officers have ordered the urgent recall of a defective product found to be faulty and dangerous.

Over the Christmas and New Year period, tests proved the components in the product called Chelsea FC would fall apart when placed under the smallest amount of pressure. Consumers first experienced problems last year, when it was noted the product failed to work properly in Europe. Complaints were made about it malfunctioning and then emitting a continuous whining noise usually in Portuguese.

At the time the complaints were ignored. But when the product started falling apart in Britain over Christmas, the Trading Standards Authority took action.

A spokesman warned:

We particularly want to stress to parents that, with Chelsea FC, there is a genuine risk of choking that may end in tears come May.

Despite assurances from the company behind the product that action was taken to correct the faulty parts, including abandoning the use of the highly unpredictable and sub-standard component "roberthuth" malfunctions have continued.

Consumers have been urged to check the small print carefully for the words this product may contain traces of Shevchenko. If that is the case buyers of the product are urged to put it back in its box and return immediately. Shevchenko has been known to cause a severe allergic reaction in many consumers, causing them to shout involuntarily "You useless Ukrainian t**t and "For f*cks sake bring back Carlton Cole."

:D

Excellent ! :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

pete higham 11 January 2007 07:30 PM

:norty: :lol1: :thumb:

richie001 11 January 2007 07:32 PM

i cant wait till may when john terry is holding up the premiership trophy for the 3rd time in a row and see the look on alex ferguson face

classicwrx 11 January 2007 07:32 PM

:lol1: :lol1: :thumb: :lol1: :lol1:

LUCKO 11 January 2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 6538311)

:wonder: someone will have egg on face? who will it be? :D

P1Fanatic 11 January 2007 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 6538372)
i cant wait till may when jt is holding up the premiership trophy for the 3rd time in a row and see the look on alex ferguson face went it crapchester utd choke

Can u repeat that in English this time? :)

Simon

richie001 11 January 2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 6538787)
Can u repeat that in English this time? :)

Simon

chelsea will be champions at the end of the season

G-STAR 11 January 2007 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 6538372)
i cant wait till may when john terry is holding up the premiership trophy for the 3rd time in a row and see the look on alex ferguson.

Nope, still not making any sense at all. :D

richiewong 11 January 2007 10:42 PM

Paul and Rich are getting one hell of a slating recently.

Can we have a poll of who hates Chelski or merely dislikes eveything about them:D

LUCKO 11 January 2007 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong (Post 6539139)
Paul and Rich are getting one hell of a slating recently.

Can we have a poll of who hates Chelski or merely dislikes eveything about them:D

dislikes everything about Paul/Rich or just Chelsea ?? :lol1:

richiewong 11 January 2007 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 6539198)

Pah, does it matter:p :p :p ;)

LUCKO 11 January 2007 10:59 PM

wait until Drogba gets injured then it will be game over :norty:

STi wanna Subaru 11 January 2007 11:13 PM

I wont Chelski bash. Cant say I like them but they've moved the English game on! if it wasn't for them I think United would have stood still and Fergie would have retired. As it is Jose has stirred something up in SAF and it's great to see them go head to head. We take the piss but we love it lets face it. I love the old guard of United with the young blood v's the money of Chelski and the guile of Jose. Add in the sething Wenger on the side and it all adds to it. I'll ignore Liverpool because they smell :) ;)

LUCKO 11 January 2007 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6539302)
I'll ignore Liverpool because they smell :) ;)

jealous of the 5 European trophies no doubt :rolleyes:

STi wanna Subaru 11 January 2007 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 6539317)
jealous of the 5 European trophies no doubt :rolleyes:

It was a joke. The success and rivalry between the top English teams is what makes our league so good. The transends down to the bottom division as well. No other country has the passion for the game we do.

LUCKO 11 January 2007 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 6539379)
It was a joke. The success and rivalry between the top English teams is what makes our league so good. The transends down to the bottom division as well. No other country has the passion for the game we do.

:thumb: yam right

WR 1mposter 11 January 2007 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 6539198)

Chelski have never been a big team and never will :lol1: :lol1:

When the OAP's and fat boy lampard has gone
they will end up where they belong

Sunday pub league :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: