ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Battlestar Gallactica - New series starts tonight (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/572727-battlestar-gallactica-new-series-starts-tonight.html)

dharbige 09 January 2007 10:54 AM

Battlestar Gallactica - New series starts tonight

For some reason, I haven't seen any advertising on Sky of the impending return of this series. I find this very strange as it is IMHO the best science-fiction series to have been made in recent years.

If any of you are fans (as I am) of this programme, the first episode of Series 3 is on Sky 1 and Sky 1HD tonight at 21:00.

ScoobyDoo555 09 January 2007 11:12 AM

There's been loads of advertising on Sky ;)

But thanks for the heads up :)

Dan

Nick 09 January 2007 11:14 AM

Is there a girlie in it? :norty: ;)

Geezer 09 January 2007 11:19 AM

This series is very good. I'm up to episode 13, a real cliffhanger 2 parter. It's all starting to unravel............ :thumb:

Geezer

T4molie 09 January 2007 12:33 PM

Looking forward to this series and have to agree with OP that it is the best science fiction series of recent years :thumb:

flat4 09 January 2007 12:35 PM

if someone could expain what's happened so far that would be handy, as i had no idea what was happening for most of the last seres :lol1:

wez_sti 09 January 2007 12:54 PM

****SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT UP TILL NOW****

as above, Don’t read if you don’t wanna know what happened so far!

Very Briefly, from what i can remember having watched it quite a while ago now!

Starts with the cylons basically killing everyone on earth using Earth own defense system (controlled by machines)

With Gyus (sp) being the traitor although not knowing exactly!

<Cylons can look like humans and there about 12 different models that all look the same>

then all the human spaceships across the galaxy being attacked at the same time, those that can do a 'jump' which is a faster than light thing that takes a while to configure

then the cylons follow battlestar which managed to get away along with a fleet of other ships it protects

loads of cat and mouse chasing with the cylons one step behind.

During this time the cylons begin to feel wiping out all humans may make them as 'bad' as them so have a bit of a re-think

last series ends with gyus ending up as President (long story) and deciding they will settle on a planet with water and breathable atmosphere because its in a shroud of space dust/radiation or something and should be hard for the Cylons to find

they do find everyone a year or so later because of a Nuclear explosion caused by Gyus (long story)

The series ends with Battlestar (in orbit around the planet to protect it) jumping away (no choice) and the humans being rounded up on the planet.

The Blonde Cylon is f*cking amazing and has the best legs on tv! and wears some outrageous clothing which is very pleasing to the eye! :thumb:

One of the best shows on TV at the mo, no question!

AND YES I AM AT WORK AND I AM BORED!

cottonfoo 09 January 2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by wez_sti (Post 6527523)
The Blonde Cylon is f*cking amazing and has the best legs on tv! and wears some outrageous clothing which is very pleasing to the eye! :thumb:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find her attractive at all :) Thanks for the refresher, I'd forgotten the last episode.

wez_sti 09 January 2007 01:07 PM

I'm feeling generous today!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...i/triciah2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ti/triciah.jpg

flat4 09 January 2007 01:12 PM

ah! did it end where they're all in a shanty town living in squaller and then the cyclons attacked them? :Suspiciou

and yes, she'd get it :thumb:

wez_sti 09 January 2007 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by flat4 (Post 6527627)
ah! did it end where they're all in a shanty town living in squaller and then the cyclons attacked them? :Suspiciou

and yes, she'd get it :thumb:

It did yeah. Be interesting to see how it plays out!

Wont be seeing it for quite a while though as going travelling next week!

lpski1 09 January 2007 01:17 PM

sod the Cylons, the new series of Shameless starts this evening :D :thumb:

EddScott 09 January 2007 01:22 PM

But thing about the fit bird and Gyus is that the fit bird in Gyus's head is telling him one thing and the Gyus in the original fit birds head is telling him another.

If you get me - plus each imaginary friend know information the real person couldn't know.

Whats all that about!

wez_sti 09 January 2007 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 6527697)
But thing about the fit bird and Gyus is that the fit bird in Gyus's head is telling him one thing and the Gyus in the original fit birds head is telling him another.

If you get me - plus each imaginary friend know information the real person couldn't know.

Whats all that about!

Yeah that does all get a bit confusing, plus I’m normally distracted by a cunningly angled side-boob shot :D

flat4 09 January 2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 6527697)

Whats all that about!

that's the bit that i just don't get :confused: i'm not sure i even knew the original 'fit bird' was still in it :Suspiciou stupid program, why do it watch it?! :mad:

Neanderthal 09 January 2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by flat4 (Post 6527780)
stupid program, why do it watch it?! :mad:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/triciah2.jpg

;)

Never seen a whole episode, isn't Face from the A-Teams charactor a woman in this new one?

wez_sti 09 January 2007 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Neanderthal (Post 6527859)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...i/triciah2.jpg

;)

Never seen a whole episode, isn't Face from the A-Teams charactor a woman in this new one?

Starbuck, tis indeed!

Still cant figure out if i think she's hot or not....

Geezer 09 January 2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by wez_sti (Post 6527871)
Starbuck, tis indeed!

Still cant figure out if i think she's hot or not....

I think Starbuck is hot, and she looks better in this series :)

Just waiting for 21st Jan when they show the final few of the series on the Sci-Fi channel.

Geezer

EddScott 09 January 2007 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by flat4 (Post 6527780)
i'm not sure i even knew the original 'fit bird' was still in it

The cylons can be regenerated. There was an episode where the humans destroyed the ship that contained the memories of dead cylons.

IIRC shes called a hero amongst cylons as the catalyst for the human downfall. Think shes helping Starbuck and all to escape along with another of the asian girl cylons.

Last series was ages ago so I'm not sure I'm spot on their.

ian_sadler 09 January 2007 02:11 PM

Sky+'d :)

firesorter 09 January 2007 02:30 PM

caution contains spoilers of new series!!

SCIFI.COM | Battlestar Galactica

Geezer 06 April 2007 09:35 PM

Well, this series is 20 episodes long :eek: .

Just watched tha last episode, the 5 are revealed, and it's a bit of a surprise who they are!

Series 4 (if there is one) should be interesting!

Geezer