ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Phone kit in a scooby... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/572644-phone-kit-in-a-scooby.html)

Mikey Ace 08 January 2007 09:50 PM

Phone kit in a scooby...

Anyone got a Kenwood bluetooth kit in their scoob???

Or any bluetooth kit for that matter?

Are scoobs just too noisey to have a phone kit??

I've an STi v3 with a TSL group n back box, not tooooo loud really :)

Mikey

MattW 08 January 2007 10:36 PM

Parrott CK3100 or similar, does what it says on the tin!! :thumb:

Wurzel 09 January 2007 08:20 AM

I have a handsfree kit fitted for my SE K700i and it is fine most of the time, it is only when I am hammering it down the autobahn that sound becomes an issue, but I have an adapter I can fit to play the phone through the car stereo system if I could be ar5ed to fit it.

marmski 09 January 2007 08:52 AM

Parrot CK3100 in my MY05. Awesome bit of kit.

urban 09 January 2007 08:53 AM

I have the kenwood bluetooth kit fitted to my MY05 STI.
Its connected through the kenwood DPX701-U headunit.

Interference (for the person on the other end) is a little bit of an issue at speed or accelerating hard.
However overall its fine and you don't get into trouble with the police.

Shaun

Beastie 09 January 2007 12:01 PM

Parrot CK3100 the way forward. Works perfer..ctly in scoob. :D

X30NGO 09 January 2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 6525711)
Parrott CK3100 or similar, does what it says on the tin!! :thumb:

Hands Free Phone Accessories Parrot CK3000 Hands Free Kit from Halfords Price £99.99

definately. Halfords fit it for free and it goes reet through all the speakers. Loud as you want it :luxhello:

Depends how much you want to spend though really. Obviously the CK3100 is better, but then it's twice the price, which personally, i wouldn't wanna spend.

They do one for £70 but a friend is on his third one after they die. Halfords replaced it no probs, but who needs the hassle... Once more and they are giving him the one i linked to, Which doesn't seem to have any of the problems he's had.

Bongo

pippyrips 09 January 2007 01:16 PM

another vote for the Parrot CK3100 - top piece of kit and you can pick them up for £70 on Flea-bay.

only takes 20mins to fit yourself

TimH 09 January 2007 01:55 PM

Whats's the favoured mounting location for the 3100? It's on my shopping and to-do list :D

pippyrips 09 January 2007 04:39 PM

After trying a few different positions i went for just under the heating controls - you can make it out from this pic:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/DSC00050.jpg

It sticks quite nicely on the bottom of the trim panel and is out the way of those who are inclined to smash windows etc. It's also very easy then to hide all wires etc while still being able to access the ashtray if you need to:)

TimH 09 January 2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by pippyrips (Post 6528509)
After trying a few different positions i went for just under the heating controls - you can make it out from this pic:

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC00050.jpg

Thanks - that's more or less what I was thinking - the MY05 JDM STi heater control and ash tray arrangement is slightly different, but I don't think it makes any difference.

shepster 09 January 2007 04:55 PM

I fitted a sony erricson kit for my k750i, also wired to car stereo. Works great even at a decent speed. Only cost 100 sheets

PPPRob 09 January 2007 04:56 PM

My quick googling came up with this:

Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Advanced Car Kit - buy online from Blue Unplugged

Is that the same as what you're all suggesting???

Good price if it is :norty:

TimH 09 January 2007 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by PPPRob (Post 6528573)
My quick googling came up with this:

Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Advanced Car Kit - buy online from Blue Unplugged

Is that the same as what you're all suggesting???

Good price if it is :norty:

That's the one. £85-£90 inc VAT, plus P&P is a pretty consistent online price. As already mentioned, they're readily available on fleabay for a little less.

TimH 16 January 2007 08:29 PM

Hmm - bought a CK3100 kit now but Houston, I think we might have a problem :confused:

I have an Alpine CDA-9833R head unit connected at line level to a Genesis amplifier feeding the front speakers. My understanding is that the CK3100 kit mutes the head unit and then drives the front speakers directly, presumably by relay switching within the CK3100 control unit.

Is that right? If so, there's little point me wiring it in as-per standard instructions as there's no speakers connected to the head unit's front speaker connectors.

I can't use the rears, as these (although - currently - driven by the head unit's amp) are Genesis subs, with an inappropriate frequency response for a telephone.

Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone? Or have I bought something I can't use :o

Andy-STI 16 January 2007 09:46 PM

I have the same CK3100 kit & also have separate amps (from the rear) powering the fronts but the front speakers are used for the CK3100. I did not install the CK3100 so not sure how its done but at least you know it can be done :) If the guy is still around maybe he can tell me how its wired & will pass on the details if I can.

TimH 16 January 2007 10:42 PM

If you can find out any details, they'd be appreciated :)