ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   When will the MY 08 be officially released (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/572391-when-will-the-my-08-be-officially-released.html)

Boyakasha 08 January 2007 08:17 AM

When will the MY 08 be officially released

There have been heaps of news on the new EVO X so when are Subaru going to officially announce the new model.

M

MattW 08 January 2007 09:02 AM

Rumour is at a motor show in May (not sure which one is in May). I expect that first cars will be delivered around Oct/Nov as that has been the case for other MY updates.

mpaul0055 08 January 2007 11:29 AM

Id be really intrested in this too.... As im thinking of Getting an STI in April i would like to know what the new one would look like before buying..

Would be gutted if it was completely restyled and was looking great. I dont mind the Hawkeye, but much prefer my05....

GazTheHat 08 January 2007 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Boyakasha (Post 6522240)
There have been heaps of news on the new EVO X so when are Subaru going to officially announce the new model.

M

What's the news on the Evo?

mpaul0055 08 January 2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 6522775)
What's the news on the Evo?

Im sure he just means the ammount of pics, interviews, spy shots etc...

Is the MY08 going to be he Hatch, or is that a different one all together...

Dont want my STI07 to be Old within 3 months of owning it.

MattW 08 January 2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by mpaul0055 (Post 6523162)
Im sure he just means the ammount of pics, interviews, spy shots etc...

Is the MY08 going to be he Hatch, or is that a different one all together...

Dont want my STI07 to be Old within 3 months of owning it.

It is widely acknowledged the 08 will be a brand new car. i.e. New platform. The expectation is that it will be a hatchback, to compete with the smaller WRC rally cars such as the 307, C4 and Focus. In terms of sales, it would also allow Subaru to compete in the same sector as the Golf.

There are several "spy" shots posted, have a search. The Evo will be a hatchback too.

GazTheHat 08 January 2007 01:11 PM

Weird that Peugeot had a winning small car, then swapped to a bigger car, the opposite to others...

I've seen the spyshots, i just thought there were more details released.

PCM 08 January 2007 01:14 PM

Its not going to be in the uk untill march 08.They start production this year and japan will see the first batch in sept etc.

MattW 08 January 2007 01:16 PM

I suspect some of the importers will have them over here early ;). No more details releases as yet, you'll see more after the launch at the motor show, no point in telling Joe Public about a new model, it will affect sales of the 07.

Ray_li 08 January 2007 01:20 PM

are we talking of an Impreza MY08 as a hatch or a complete new model?

MattW 08 January 2007 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ray_li (Post 6523312)
are we talking of an Impreza MY08 as a hatch or a complete new model?

Both, AFAIK it is a new platform.

ARM-Scooby 08 January 2007 01:33 PM

autosport had a bit in about the new wrc, saying it would be ready for monte carlo in 2008, which would allow cars to be sold towards the end of this year!

mpaul0055 08 January 2007 01:36 PM

the one year Q7 lease till the new scooby arrives is sounding like a great idea too me..

GazTheHat 08 January 2007 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by PCM (Post 6523266)
Its not going to be in the uk untill march 08.They start production this year and japan will see the first batch in sept etc.

Got yours reserved then? :)

dashpig 08 January 2007 02:46 PM

eek - just had a horrible thought - when we get into the 2090's we're going to have to come up with a solution to the problem of two lots of MY9x models, the old (1900 versions) and the new (2000 versions) - better start thinking of a solution now :freak3: :cuckoo: :wonder:

maybe i'm just bored :lol1: (or boring !) :Suspiciou

DCR59 08 January 2007 08:33 PM

European launch is the French Motor Show.
Sales from November.

Boyakasha 08 January 2007 09:04 PM

MY 07 Now I'm Confused

OK I know there was a model change to the MY 06 which was the hawkeye, but on phoning the dealer about getting a deal on a new car he tells me he has a MY 07 just in :eek:

I didn't even realise they had made any changes to the MY 06, he said they changed the diff and also the stiching on the steering wheel :D

So does anyone know the exact changes.

MrRA 08 January 2007 09:43 PM

If the dealer is talking about centre diff, then the torque split of that was changed on the MY06 cars to 59:41, as opposed to 65:35 on previous MY cars.

The only change I know of regarding a diff on the MY07 spec cars relates to the rear LSD. It has been changed from the mechanical LSD to a viscous unit, but curiously only for the STI, not for the Spec C cars, which retain the mechanical LSD unit. I read it not long ago on a Japanese site I found at random. Trying to find it now.

Boyakasha 08 January 2007 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6525603)
If the dealer is talking about centre diff, then the torque split of that was changed on the MY06 cars to 59:41, as opposed to 65:35 on previous MY cars.

The only change I know of regarding a diff on the MY07 spec cars relates to the rear LSD. It has been changed from the mechanical LSD to a viscous unit, but curiously only for the STI, not for the Spec C cars, which retain the mechanical LSD unit. I read it not long ago on a Japanese site I found at random. Trying to find it now.

Yeah that was it.

He was telling me that the diff was changed from mechanical to a torsion job (I think that's what he said anyway). Seems a bit strange to do tis if they haven't done it on the Spec-C, is it an improvement?

MrRA 08 January 2007 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Boyakasha (Post 6525654)
Yeah that was it.

He was telling me that the diff was changed from mechanical to a torsion job (I think that's what he said anyway). Seems a bit strange to do tis if they haven't done it on the Spec-C, is it an improvement?

It might have been a Torsen diff then, not a Viscous one. Can't really remember now as I read it a while back.

If they haven't changed it on the Spec C cars then I can't really see it being a major improvement. As the Spec C is intended for more extreme use over a standard STI it may pay to have the mechanical LSD instead.

T5NYW 08 January 2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 6522316)
(not sure which one is in May). .

Isn't the Geneva Motor show in May IIRC ;)

Tony

Robocop 08 January 2007 11:27 PM

The Geneva Motor Show is in March and it's less than £6 for a ticket.

weemac2000 09 January 2007 02:05 PM

my07 changes:
Torsen rear diff (instead of plate type)
Chrome 'subaru' script on bottom left of bootlid
No Cigar lighter, blanking cover on ' accessory socket'
no ashtray, 'oddment' tray instead behind cover.

Boyakasha 09 January 2007 02:28 PM

I guess the big question is, Does the Torsion Rear Diff make a big difference i.e. is it worth spending £4k more on a new MY07 or should I just get a delivery milage MY06?

The Trooper 1815 09 January 2007 02:52 PM

http://www.allwheelphotos.com/albums...ntitled1~3.jpg

From a thread in September. Anyone translate Japanese????

PPPRob 09 January 2007 03:06 PM

I remember the thread about this and loads of people hated the pics.....

..... I gotta say, I quite like it, am I alone on this??? :wonder:

GazTheHat 09 January 2007 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by PPPRob (Post 6528166)

No, i like it.

But the showroom model wont lOOk as hard as that, what with less spoilers, tiny wheels, dakar suspension. So trying to imagine that model is harder to appreciate.

HOWY 09 January 2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by PPPRob (Post 6528166)

YesI quite like it, it almost looks as good as the new Peugeot 207 RC Rally car:)

PPPRob 09 January 2007 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 6528255)
No, i like it.

But the showroom model wont lOOk as hard as that, what with less spoilers, tiny wheels, dakar suspension. So trying to imagine that model is harder to appreciate.

True, true. Also the lines can't even give it away because I'm betting the flare on that front wing won't be there either :Whatever_

V7C 09 January 2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 6528095)
http://www.allwheelphotos.com/albums...ntitled1~3.jpg

From a thread in September. Anyone translate Japanese????

That looks phat i would have one if its real in white tho:D