ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Does anyone know of this car? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571786-does-anyone-know-of-this-car.html)

mark76 05 January 2007 08:52 PM

Does anyone know of this car?

Alrite people,thinking of getting an Impreza as a downgrade from an EVO, Have been offered an impreza as a straight swap,anything i should be aware of when looking at Scoobys

This is the car i have been offered
Subaru : sti version 5

Any help woul be grateful
Thanks
Mark:thumb:

T5OLF 05 January 2007 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by mark76
Alrite people,thinking of getting an Impreza as a downgrade from an EVO, Have been offered an impreza as a straight swap,anything i should be aware of when looking at Scoobys

This is the car i have been offered
Subaru : sti version 5

Any help woul be grateful
Thanks
Mark:thumb:

Don't you mean upgrade to an Impreza :)

bob r 05 January 2007 08:58 PM

No i don't know it but its a dog:freak3:

A real chav mobile with that ghastly bonnet scoop and rear lights, ooooowww mingin!

SPIKE LIKE MIKE 05 January 2007 09:08 PM

WTF is with the scoop!!!

Fook me ,his postman must bring some HUGE parcels:lol1:

Either that or the seagulls are massive to need a "catcher" that size on a classic:lol:

Terminator X 05 January 2007 09:47 PM

Front is awful, don't do it :cuckoo:

Should look like this:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1084300/sub.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-9/1084300/sub2.JPG

TX.

stira2 05 January 2007 09:47 PM

At least you'll not have to change the diff oil every 3k like you do with an evo.
Looks nice and clean inside

mark76 05 January 2007 09:48 PM

OK,obviously the scoop and rear lights would be replaced,i just meant in general does it seem a good car,as i dont want to make a mistake
mileage is 93,000km

stira2 05 January 2007 09:54 PM

What evo have you got?

F1 CJE UK 05 January 2007 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by SPIKE LIKE MIKE
WTF is with the scoop!!!

Fook me ,his postman must bring some HUGE parcels:lol1:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :lol: :thumb:

stira2 05 January 2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Red_WRX_Paul
that's proper ****in sick man innit, ****in love the big scoop thats propa sick innit cho, way betta than a ****in evo they pricks motas man am tellin ya, propa pricks motas !!!

BIG UP DA IMPREZA MASSIVE !!!!!!!!

:idea:

mark76 05 January 2007 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by stira2
What evo have you got?

Got an Evo 4 mate,
Mitsubishi : evo 4 reduced

stira2 05 January 2007 10:04 PM

seems like a fair swap, but you'll have to sort that bumper asap

chief-long-shin 05 January 2007 10:51 PM

crap rear lights and the looks like a 60mph crash into the ripspeed counter from the front. All it needs now are some of the ****ty little scoops to replace the bonnet vents - one must point to the window though :)

Swen6 05 January 2007 11:10 PM

There are a lot better cars out there, that looks sh!te to be polite.

£mpreza 05 January 2007 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin
crap rear lights and the looks like a 60mph crash into the ripspeed counter from the front. All it needs now are some of the ****ty little scoops to replace the bonnet vents - one must point to the window though :)

That's what I wanted to say. Halfords ram raid and hit every bargin buket on the way through

BedHog 05 January 2007 11:41 PM

Get a Fiat Punto. :)

mark76 06 January 2007 11:13 AM

ok,ive decided not to go for this car,
Looks like i'll be hunting for another scooby on here,as a lot of the cars around are ****box's
heres the link to my car for any one that is interested in a deal
Mitsubishi : evolution 4

ESH 06 January 2007 12:04 PM

Swapping for an STI is by no means a down grade. I've owned 3 Evo's (5, 6 & 8) and 3 Impreza's (Import WRX, STI 8 & STI 4 Type R) and they can cost pretty much the same to run depending on how frequently you use them. TBH I didn't have the Evo 8 or STI 8 long enough to prive that though.

If you're going from an Evo 4 to an STI 4/5 or 6 running costs for the age will be very similar.

Be very careful with lower priced STI's with 'WTF' mods as their could well have been misuse and poor ownership. I know this first hand BTW.

Ultimately if you can get a private sale for yours then you'll have more options with cash. Attempting a swap will limit your options.

Regards and good luck

Esh

mark76 06 January 2007 12:13 PM

Cheers matey and thanks for the advice:thumb: ,im not that concerned whether i go for an STI or a WRX,just had this car offered and wanted to see whether i should go for it or not

ESH 06 January 2007 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by mark76 (Post 6515542)
Cheers matey and thanks for the advice:thumb: ,im not that concerned whether i go for an STI or a WRX....

Oh but you will. I thought that. Went from my first Evo (5) to my first WRX and it was a hell of a change. Felt like a real down grade. STI is the way to go as you'll only get itchy.

Glad I could help BTW:thumb:

MrRA 06 January 2007 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin (Post 6514963)

Agree. The owner must hvae ram raided Halfrauds at one point.

Bat-Fink 06 January 2007 12:34 PM

Makes me laugh the people slagging the sccop off when it's a STI 8 one.:lol:

Front spilitter doesn't look that too dis-simialr to a P1 one,which loads of people on here fit.:p :thumb:

Don't like the rear lights or wheels either.:freak3:

Apart from that it looks alrite.

Much better cars out there for the money tho.:thumb:

silent running 06 January 2007 01:12 PM

LOL @ the P1 splitter comment above... it looks more like the cowcatchers they used to put on the front of American steam trains in the wild west. Would be great in deep snow.

That car IS shocking though.

ARM-Scooby 06 January 2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bat-Fink (Post 6515602)
Makes me laugh the people slagging the sccop off when it's a STI 8 one.:lol:

Front spilitter doesn't look that too dis-simialr to a P1 one,which loads of people on here fit.:p :thumb:

Don't like the rear lights or wheels either.:freak3:

Apart from that it looks alrite.

Much better cars out there for the money tho.:thumb:

i think its due to the fact that its a 03 to 05 scoop, which makes the car look cheap imho. It just doesnt sit right and combined with the splitter and lights does make it look a bit like a chav mobile!

totally agree with you mate, there are better cars out there!

Bat-Fink 06 January 2007 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by silent running (Post 6515711)
LOL @ the P1 splitter comment above... it looks more like the cowcatchers they used to put on the front of American steam trains in the wild west. Would be great in deep snow.

That car IS shocking though.

Wouldn't say it's 'shocking' just a bit different to the norm.

Dazza01 06 January 2007 01:38 PM

i can see this being a long thread if he's goto keep asking everyones opinion on should he swap his EVO for this scooby :D
No offence intended Mark, but what should it matter what others think of the car afterall its YOU that has to drive it not them, and i would try and sell yours for cash as has been said when you have to p ex your car that will limit the number of people you can deal with.
Cold cash is far far better :D:D:D

mark76 06 January 2007 01:56 PM

No offence taken mate:thumb: ,i just wanted to see if this was a good deal or not,it wouldnt stay the same as it is now,them lex-arse lights would go for a start as would the front splitter,

GazTheHat 06 January 2007 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by mark76 (Post 6514446)
Alrite people,thinking of getting an Impreza as a downgrade from an EVO

Nice! That should go down well :)

That pic has convinced me the newage scoop lOOks crap on the classics.