ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Got told off at Sainsburys this morning (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571702-got-told-off-at-sainsburys-this-morning.html)

ESH 05 January 2007 03:13 PM

Got told off at Sainsburys this morning

For driving my Subaru under 10 mph:eek:

The kind old lady informed me I might have hit a child running out in front of me. I was on the phone to a work colleague as I'm off with the flu when she approached me and started her rant.

I replied that even though I own a fast car and its a bit louder than standard ones this did not mean I'd take every opportunity to speed up and down the highways including carparks, espeacially during trading hours:nono: .

I really weanted to tell her to get lost but thought she at least mean't well so coldly told her that that was her opinion and she was entitled to it and carried on.

My colleague was PHSL:cry:

First time anything like this has ever happened to me:mad:

Happy new year all!!

Esh

Nate 05 January 2007 03:18 PM

Yeah, I love it when old 'folk' give you the slow down wave ..... Even though you are going under the speed limit :D .

donnas roo 05 January 2007 03:19 PM

She probably thought you weren't paying any attention because you were on the phone.
Or maybe she is just senile,and got it in for the younger generation.

When you work with them all day every day you soon learn that they love to moan over nothing.

ESH 05 January 2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by donnas roo
She probably thought you weren't paying any attention because you were on the phone.
Or maybe she is just senile,and got it in for the younger generation.

When you work with them all day every day you soon learn that they love to moan over nothing.

Thats a good point however I was using my blue tooth headset.

pippyrips 05 January 2007 03:28 PM

i get filthy looks sometimes. I think that some equate noise with speed so as some cars are louder than others.....

jaytc2003 05 January 2007 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ESH
I'm off with the flu
Happy new year all!!

Esh

off from work with the flu, but well enough to be out and about..:nono:

:lol1:

donnas roo 05 January 2007 03:35 PM

Maybe the noise from your exhaust was interfering with her hearing-aid.
:norty: :lol1: ;)

ESH 05 January 2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
off from work with the flu, but well enough to be out and about..:nono:

Cheeky fecker!!

Lemsip won't but itself and walk over to my house now will it. Nor will the OJ for that matter.:lol:

Regards

jaytc2003 05 January 2007 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ESH
Cheeky fecker!!

Lemsip won't but itself and walk over to my house now will it. Nor will the OJ for that matter.:lol:

Regards

your getting your lemsip from the wrong supplier :norty:

MaDaSS 05 January 2007 03:48 PM

HA! Flu! You would not be out and about with flu ya work dodging, skiving, column dodging fukca!

Nate 05 January 2007 03:51 PM

Just flame them as you go past !!!! :norty: that really riles them up :D

Coupled with these for when they get in the way:-

YouTube - Subaru WRX Train Horn

:D :D :D :D

Wurzel 05 January 2007 04:08 PM

where the hell would you get a train horn from? I quite fancy the one they have on the British intercity train do BR or whoever they are this week sell em ??

specialx 05 January 2007 04:50 PM

HornBlasters Train Air Horns. The Loudest Train Horns Around! Best Air Horns You Can Buy!

Steve001 05 January 2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by donnas roo
Maybe the noise from your exhaust was interfering with her hearing-aid.
:norty: :lol1: ;)

possibly Mrs Brady is on a sight seeing tour of London???? :D:D:D

andythejock01wrx 05 January 2007 05:08 PM

visited my Mum last night ~

With your "Subardew" I can always hear it's you coming (Prodrive exhaust LOL !). She also said she was in a carpark last week when another older lady complained that a car "sounded" like it was going very fast - My mum said "No, they just sound like that anyway, my son's does anyway".

Bless ! :lol1:

scoobyboy1 05 January 2007 05:21 PM

Had a disabled Lady have a go at me at B&Q for parking in the disabled area with my old scooby, I didnt want to park next to a load of vans incase they opened the doors onto my nice shiney paintwork!

She came across shouting at me, and I just turned round to her and said that if she was really disabled then why was she at a DIY store when it clearly showed that she was in no condition to be doing much DIY work and that she was taking up all the parking bays outside the shop!! She was clearly stunned at my responce and hoppled off into the store!!!!!

I know it was wrong to say that to her, but she had a right mouth on her and I knew that would shut her up!!!!!!!

alcazar 05 January 2007 05:32 PM

Pulled away from the gates of a French campsite into fast moving traffic, about 4years ago, only to be pulled by a French Gendarme, who politely told me I was going too fast. I asked him what proof he had, since my car SOUNDED fast but was actually travelling at the SAME speed as the other traffic?

He seemed stunned that a) I could argue fluently in French, and b) that I dared to challenge him. He just waved me to continue:D

Alcazar

andythejock01wrx 05 January 2007 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar
Pulled away from the gates of a French campsite into fast moving traffic, about 4years ago, only to be pulled by a French Gendarme, who politely told me I was going too fast. I asked him what proof he had, since my car SOUNDED fast but was actually travelling at the SAME speed as the other traffic?

He seemed stunned that a) I could argue fluently in French, and b) that I dared to challenge him. He just waved me to continue:D

Alcazar

Like the idea of you getting one over a Froggy Gendarme - visit to Le Mans ??

monkeyboy840 05 January 2007 05:52 PM

old people, cant live with em, cant kill em.................

Nate 05 January 2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel
where the hell would you get a train horn from? I quite fancy the one they have on the British intercity train do BR or whoever they are this week sell em ??

I got mine from Siege Engineering.

Horn blasters are good ...... But very expensive !!

chief-long-shin 05 January 2007 08:57 PM

its jealousy - she wanted a shag and wasnt creative enough with her conversational techniques to chat you up properly :)

Spec'c'57 05 January 2007 09:01 PM

:D:D best one i had was while pulling away from a set of traffic lights there was an old boy walking along, he turned looked at me as if to say FFS your going too fast, then immediatley turned round as there was one of the electronic slow down signs for speeding cars..:hjtwofing it was STILL not lit up... tooted the horn as i plodded past him....

Shark Man 05 January 2007 09:10 PM

I got the "too fast flash" again today when overtaking on a 1/4mile flat on a clear NSL road.

Mind, I was overtaking a transit following a tipper towing a mini-digger doing 30mph all in one go, and by the time I had finished passing them I was doing three figures before I slowed back down , so maybe they were justified :D:D

ESH 06 January 2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin (Post 6514473)
its jealousy - she wanted a shag and wasnt creative enough with her conversational techniques to chat you up properly :)

LOL. Had tol be the case.

It gets worst still...

I drove to pick my GF from the tube station last night and was comming up to a round about again well within the speed limit. A cyclist approached the island to which he should have given me right of way. He ignored that fact an continued over. We both had to brake. He looked at me and me back at him. I thought he'd back but he just started on his was mumbling something at me. I put the window down and said pardon to which he responded with foul language. After my response I also indicated that he'd better pipe down as he was on a cycle and I could ctach up with him at any time to teach him the rule of the road.

What is it with people on the roads? I'm leaving the Subaru at home today and will use my other car instead!!

Regards all

Nate 06 January 2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shark Man (Post 6514532)

Mind, I was overtaking a transit following a tipper towing a mini-digger doing 30mph all in one go, and by the time I had finished passing them I was doing three figures before I slowed back down , so maybe they were justified :D:D

That was on your 'Private' road, wasn't it :D

Shark Man 06 January 2007 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by *Nate* (Post 6515544)
That was on your 'Private' road, wasn't it :D

Nope, and I won't deny it either. The pedal is always to metal when I'm overtaking as long as its safe to do so :D And I slow back dow to 60 as soon as I've finished the manouver.

Exposure to danger is minimised, and I can't help it if I have car that can accelarate from 30-100 in the same combined length of LWB transit, Transit Tipper and Mini digger on a Trailer travelling at 30.

<puts license through shredder>

;)

ARM-Scooby 06 January 2007 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by *Nate* (Post 6512999)
Yeah, I love it when old 'folk' give you the slow down wave ..... Even though you are going under the speed limit :D .

typical uk tbh. People seem to be more bothered about the silly little things, do good brigage should be redirected to immigrants, people without tax etc.

Jonno_johnson 06 January 2007 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by MaDaSS (Post 6513113)
HA! Flu! You would not be out and about with flu ya work dodging, skiving, column dodging fukca!

What a complete jobsworth.