ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WRX undertaking AM Vantage at 150mph (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571536-wrx-undertaking-am-vantage-at-150mph.html)

jayltee1 04 January 2007 10:24 PM

WRX undertaking AM Vantage at 150mph

Last year I went to LeMans with a few mates in some pretty hot motors. My WRX kept them talking for many hours as they were not aware of the quality hardware Fuji Heavy Industries produce not to mention the skills I possess at the wheel :cool:

Anyway, if you are interested check out www.myspace.com/jayltee1 and have a look at the photos and video. Just wish I had a camcorder in the car as it would have made a great DVD - nighttime was mainly 140mph plus, next day was B roads and some major racing with the boys. Anyone else go to LeMans ever?

bob r 04 January 2007 10:31 PM

How exhilerating.

Engine dead yet?

jayltee1 04 January 2007 10:35 PM

I had racked up 5500miles by the time I went so it was bedded in. A lot of fully synthetic oil was consumed and the diff whistled like crazy at 140mph but it survived. Service and PPP getting done next week so I shall see if anything is untoward.

Bubba po 04 January 2007 10:39 PM

:lol1:

Christ.

RON 04 January 2007 10:40 PM

Bloomin heck.. in the dark too, on diped lights!!! Scary!!

COLZO 04 January 2007 11:01 PM

Nutter :lol1:

pheunos 04 January 2007 11:08 PM

I think I saw the fuel guage move!;)

Bubba po 04 January 2007 11:17 PM

"Jase has 1 friends"

PMSL. :lol1:

Shark Man 04 January 2007 11:19 PM

Get out of my extended network :mad:

Fat Boy 04 January 2007 11:31 PM

Oh dear

Gear Head 04 January 2007 11:36 PM

Hardly busy was it guys?
And its france, so who cares!
Just pay a fine and you're on your way. :thumb:

ChrisSTI8 04 January 2007 11:58 PM

I made my first trip to Le Mans last year, if you have never been it can only be described as one of the best motorsport events. Already booked for 2007.

Just pay a fine!!!! Almost got done by the gendarmes as was toying with 2 911's (996) at about 140 and then a pug 306 cop pulls out lights on, right in front of me. Had to brake very sharply as he attempted to pursue two 911's.

He caught the red one about 3 miles later.

If they catch you for speeding they will drive you to a cash machine (if you don't have the cash) and get you to pay them the fine. People have had fines of up to 600 euros and if you can't pay they will tow your car away.

*AL* 05 January 2007 12:56 AM

If you have never been to the LeMans 24Hrs, then you are not a true petrol head...........or you don't get out much! lol.

I've been going for the last 6 years, if you go once you have to go again!

rasheedn 05 January 2007 06:30 AM

i love lemans trip:) we go in a big group too

but for karting:) lemans 24 and race to lemans and at lemans and on the way back!
we drive on the old road which has a lot of counrty lanes and stuff not the new highway kicks ass:)

very nice roads indeed

jayltee1 05 January 2007 08:56 AM

We had a close call with the Meegra's in a 306 the following morning going from Rouen to LeMans. 6 of us went past one with a gun at 130ish - everyone piled off at the next exit and luckily they went past. That was where I experienced the old road as Rasheedn mentioned. Quality! Made the race so much better as in the daylight the WRX had no chance against the AM, Fez and TVR - although I did out drag my mate in his 04 M3 much to his disappointment..hehe.

Damocell 05 January 2007 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Hardly busy was it guys?

I might have dreamt but I don't think that is the case anymore, they ban you from driving there, I'm sure it happened to an Evo journalist and they had to send another over to drive the car!!!!

Damocell 05 January 2007 12:41 PM

Also just found this!!!!! You have been warned!

This Is Travel | Banned for speeding in France?

Damo

markGT 05 January 2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Hardly busy was it guys?

If it was just that simple. I'm afriad if you had been stoped by the police first of all they would have taken you straight to the nick, then they would have taken the car off you and then sold it next day at auction, however you can bid for it back. Then they would have hit you with a heavy fine just to rub it in. Then you'll be banned for driving in France for two years and they inform the DVLA who will then ban you in the UK and fine you again!

By the way I live in France not too far from Le Mans and I've seen and even had clients who have had their cars taken off them and never seen again. So the next time you drive like that think on.

The Chief 05 January 2007 03:42 PM

Saw a prog on the Cannon ball run last night on M&M - anyway these two geezers were caught at 155mph, one in a Ferrarri and one in a Porsche, they were hauled in front of the french Courts and basically told to pay 25 grand fine Each, or we crush your cars!!!! WTF

Never found out the outcome.