ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   EBAY! is this really an STI type RA? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571503-ebay-is-this-really-an-sti-type-ra.html)

rooter75 04 January 2007 08:50 PM

EBAY! is this really an STI type RA?

eBay.co.uk: SUBARU STI RA TURBO IMPORT VERY NICE CAR .BIG TURBO (item 180070495828 end time 12-Jan-07 16:56:03 GMT)

its my mates old car, he did a swap a while back and seems to remember the car having about 79000 miles on the clock.

thanks

Paulo P 04 January 2007 08:58 PM

No idea about the car but the advert sounds like it's full of crap :wonder:

rooter75 04 January 2007 08:59 PM

sorry, just found the other thread on the same car!

MrRA 04 January 2007 09:00 PM

Yep, it's here

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...rying-sti.html

v5 man 04 January 2007 09:00 PM

That`s the most disgustingly dirty Subaru engine bay i`ve ever seen :D

Bully3176 04 January 2007 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by rooter75
eBay.co.uk: SUBARU STI RA TURBO IMPORT VERY NICE CAR .BIG TURBO (item 180070495828 end time 12-Jan-07 16:56:03 GMT)

its my mates old car, he did a swap a while back and seems to remember the car having about 79000 miles on the clock.

thanks

Looking at the engine mate it doesnt have a red top so I wouldnt think it was a genuine Sti? I could be wrnng tho?
bully

T5OLF 04 January 2007 09:03 PM

I asked him if it had a centre diff control - answer:

hi yes again..yes it has these part...s...the diff is 50 % 50%..to all wheels ...it was made with the diff..but it had a up grade...cost £850 just for the part...as well it has a standered big turbo..intercooler.water spary...alloy doors bonnet..no door bars....no sound proving...all in all a fine car by subaru...thanks for looking...

Terminator X 04 January 2007 09:06 PM

He doesn't sound genuine re answers to the Q's ... why bother bidding :cuckoo:

TX.

MrRA 04 January 2007 09:10 PM

The fkkin moron can't even spell properly.

It amazes me how English is the first language of these people yet they are unable to use proper spelling and grammar.

Having a basic fundamental grasp of your own language isn't a lot to ask IMO.

Literacy (and numeracy skills) seem to be becoming more and more devoid each day. What does the future have in store?

chief-long-shin 04 January 2007 09:10 PM

why is there no sti emblem on the seats ? I thought that was a common thing for sti's.
The engine bay looks like it was covered with the dust from the world trade centre when that fell. Disgusting condition. Gives a good indication of how much golden syrup is clogging up the arteries of the engine.

(coughs at MrRA about his literacy skills dig followed by " IMO"??? WTF :)? (what the ****). Just teasing. I will shut up and sit back down)

Bubba po 04 January 2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin
why is there no sti emblem on the seats ? I thought that was a common thing for sti's.

Because it's not an Sti, RA or otherwise. :D

rooferman 04 January 2007 09:21 PM

Wheres the roof vent????

MrRA 04 January 2007 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin
The engine bay looks like it was covered with the dust from the world trade centre when that fell. Disgusting condition. Gives a good indication of how much golden syrup is clogging up the arteries of the engine.

(coughs at MrRA about his literacy skills dig followed by " IMO"??? WTF :)? (what the ****). Just teasing. I will shut up and sit back down)

:lol1: :lol1:

You can be excused from class. Go see the headmaster for 1000 lines ;) :D

1168 04 January 2007 09:56 PM

what a pile of poo.that engines never done 54000,and that guy hasnt got a clue about what hes trying to sell.its not an sti,and dont all ra"s have roof vents?i pitty the poor sod who buys that:nono:

Luke-Avfc 04 January 2007 10:15 PM

I thought my spelling and use of English was crap but that guy takes the piss..:D

Even if it was genuine and mint id be put off by the thick tw%t trying to sell it..:cuckoo:

Bubba po 04 January 2007 10:22 PM

Thing is, even if it isn't an Sti, a MY99 WRX import still has 276 bhp. :thumb:

Nido 04 January 2007 10:25 PM

Check the feedback for the seller - right near the top is

failed to disclose previously been an insurance write off & mileage incorrect
Oh dear, small oversight! :D :D

Also he says it has ESP, anybody buying that could surely clobber him there because I'm pretty sure it doesn't............

hamyam 04 January 2007 10:29 PM

i own a 96 sti ra and this isent a sti a few things that arnt right are the fog lights and the roof vent

chief-long-shin 05 January 2007 07:20 AM

who dares email him through ebay challenging the above points :)- be interesting to see if he either replies or is dumb enough to reply and post it with his advert? :)

Gutmann pug 05 January 2007 07:39 AM

Really gives me the hump when I see alot of people with more time on their hands then they know what to do with. The guy is just trying to sell his car. He probably bought the car believing it to be an STi RA so he was mis-sold. One person is all it takes to show that the car isn't what it says it is. It's now down to prospective buyers to decide if they want to continue or not. But NO people can't leave it at that, they have to keep picking and trying to wind the car up.........It probably cost him £40 for his ad and that has now been wasted........

Personally I think it looks ok in the pics, if it has a big service history as he says then maybe it's an ok car.

Just because he can't spell it doesn't make him a bad person.

Gary

noobscoob 05 January 2007 10:13 AM

Gutmann that is a crock o' ****e!! this owner clearly hasn't got a bloody clue about what car he is selling and if he does then he is a scam artist. he's trying to get the most money possible from a terrible example of a car by hamming it up to be a top of the range model when its clearly not.

he has already been outed as someone who lies about a cars history and mileage..so you think hes kosher about this car now and turned over a new leaf?

lets sum up the facts. engine looks like its done more than 280k
seller hasnt got a tube of glue
hes a serial liar on other past sold cars
he types like a web fingered albanian

verdict.... TOSSER!!

GREGGYG 05 January 2007 10:26 AM

Gary[/QUOTE]
I can't see any post here saying he is a BAD person because he can't spell. What IS clearly here though is a statement saying how someone finds it quite appalling that a person has English as their first language, yet fails to speak or write correct English. That's a VERY big difference to saying someone is BAD because they can't spell!

It's because of 'Bleeding heart Sympathisers' in this country that we now have a nation of illiterates who can't read, write or spell, yet they are very good at casual sex, excessive drinking, claiming benefits, and the bleeding heart sympathisers never challenge them, they would rather pretend we don't have such problems in this country! What awful denial.

Stop seeing people like this as victims.........the true victims are the unsuspecting buyers of cars like this one.

Gear Head 05 January 2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by GREGGYG

Gary

I can't see any post here saying he is a BAD person because he can't spell. What IS clearly here though is a statement saying how someone finds it quite appalling that a person has English as their first language, yet fails to speak or write correct English. That's a VERY big difference to saying someone is BAD because they can't spell!

It's because of 'Bleeding heart Sympathisers' in this country that we now have a nation of illiterates who can't read, write or spell, yet they are very good at casual sex, excessive drinking, claiming benefits, and the bleeding heart sympathisers never challenge them, they would rather pretend we don't have such problems in this country! What awful denial.

Stop seeing people like this as victims.........the true victims are the unsuspecting buyers of cars like this one.[/QUOTE]

Precisely! :thumb:

AFRIKANZ 05 January 2007 11:35 AM

1995 V2 STI type RA's and newer had roof vents as standard.......... also, intercooler is not supposed to be black........... etc. etc. list goes on

Tricone 05 January 2007 12:24 PM

Seeing as there is so much debate about this delightful automobile - can we see a photo of a V2 STI RA engine bay pointing out the subtle differences that make it an RA?

Gutmann pug 05 January 2007 12:38 PM

I bow down to your better judgement. Anyone who can tell an engine has done 280K just by looking at a small photo is a better man than me......Either that or you normally buy cars which the owner has previously had steam cleaned to hide all the oil leaks.

The first question or 2 revealed the car isn't an RA, so why continue and spoil the guys chance of a sale?

The issue isn't whether I think it's a nice car or not, hell it looks much like all the other classics of that era on Scoobynet. The issue is that people can't stop themselves for screwing up someones chances of a sale. The same people sending questions to the guy will be saying ''it's not worth the money mate'' in the SN for sale section.

chris singleton 05 January 2007 01:59 PM

Let's face it, nearly every subaru on ebay and autotrader has STI in the Title whether it be ignorance or deception by the seller a few simple checks by the buyer will reveal all without even having to see the car in the flesh. As said on the other thread, maybe he's not a subaru geek and genuinly believes it to be an sti.

It looks like it's a wrx ra and unless you're actually thinking of buying it who cares :)

noobscoob 05 January 2007 02:21 PM

Which makes me doubt this car even more!! a crud,**** infested engine..and someone who knows bugger all about subarus. for all i know he could be using aldi's own brand cooking oil in the engine bay.it doesnt take Bill Gates to look up on the internet a list of subaru spec models. he can get on to ebay..but he cant find out relavent info on the car he owns?? its not like hes selling a pair of shoes hes selling a several thousand pound vehicle..under false pretences! oh well..he didnt know so thats ok? it if fu**!

apart from being dodgier than a thai bird with a bulge in her knickers its apparent hes a lazy git with no intention of keeping the car in good order. in my experience..people who keep a clean engine bay are religious about how they maintain that engines upkeep and running.