ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   2006 Impreza GTI - Questions (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/571464-2006-impreza-gti-questions.html)

bigleagues 04 January 2007 07:22 PM

2006 Impreza GTI - Questions

Hello! First post.

Basically I am trying to find some advice regarding my friends 2006 Impreza GTI. Dark blue, 4-door with sport package (fog lights, alloys, and spoiler). Less than 10,000 miles.

Apparently this car was manufactured in Japan as opposed to the US plant. I have been told this has value to enthusiasts. True?

Basically, she has determined the car is not for her (I know, hard to believe!). This may be a completely ignorant question, but would this website be the ideal market for me to try and unload the vehicle? It is still under lease, but I am in a position to buy out her lease and then sell the car to a buyer.

Thank you for any help!

DARKDESTROYER9 04 January 2007 07:27 PM

do you mean sti instead of gti?

T5NYW 04 January 2007 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigleagues
Apparently this car was manufactured in Japan as opposed to the US plant. I have been told this has value to enthusiasts. True?

Can I assume you are from the USA. the USDM's 2005 and newer versions are all 2.5ltr the JDM's are 2.0ltrs (US Domestic Market & Japaneese Domestic Market)

This may be a completely ignorant question, but would this website be the ideal market for me to try and unload the vehicle? It is still under lease, but I am in a position to buy out her lease and then sell the car to a buyer.

Not the best site if you over the pond ;) try Welcome to NASIOC.com - North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club - News or if Canada NCSC

IMHO

Tony

ethanrob 04 January 2007 08:02 PM

GTI ???????????????

DARK BLUE ????????????????

im confused

bigleagues 04 January 2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by DARKDESTROYER9
do you mean sti instead of gti?

Actually upon further research, it may not be an STI. Just a standard model Impreza with the sport package.

bigleagues 04 January 2007 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Can I assume you are from the USA. the USDM's 2005 and newer versions are all 2.5ltr the JDM's are 2.0ltrs (US Domestic Market & Japaneese Domestic Market)

Not the best site if you over the pond ;) try Welcome to NASIOC.com - North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club - News or if Canada NCSC

IMHO

Tony

Yes, we are in Connecticut. She was told by the dealer (who was her boyfriend at the time) that there were only a handful of these models available in the US. So, and I will confirm with her, you are probably right . . . it is likely a 2 litre.

bigleagues 04 January 2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
GTI ???????????????

DARK BLUE ????????????????

im confused

OK, I'm colorblind! Not quite DARK blue, but "blue pearl" I guess.

MattW 04 January 2007 11:22 PM

As Tony said, this is a UK site, your best bet is trying the NASIOC.

bigleagues 04 January 2007 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by MattW
As Tony said, this is a UK site, your best bet is trying the NASIOC.

Ah yes, it would help if I fully read.

Thank you.

T5NYW 05 January 2007 01:26 PM

Ah yes, it would help if I fully read.Thank you.

your welcome NASIOC will be your best bet ;) although "certain" Jap models are more sort after by enthusiasts it may not bag you a premium that your hoping for. NASIOC will give you a realistic guide to it's Value. You'll have heard of fools gold ;)

It is still under lease, but I am in a position to buy out her lease and then sell the car to a buyer.

I hope she is just not some really pretty lady with a sob story looking for a a "Mark", if so have your fun first then lose your Cheque book :D:D

Tony