ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Sti News from France (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/57144-sti-news-from-france.html)

Adam M 12 March 2001 01:06 PM

there is no reason why not.

The ppp has never been type aproved, so all ppp cars come as normal cars and have the ppp retro fitted.

The import emissions are the reason for this.

I dont doubt they will simply reinsert the original ecu or perhaps tinker so that it can obtain the power on uk fuel.

[Edited by Adam M - 12/3/2001 1:06:48 PM]

Frenchie Soub 30 November 2001 08:24 PM

A truck with various Sti and 2 Sti Prodive have been saw near Paris last thursday. The cars will be available for the journalists on December 7 : I will send you a summary of the comments from the French magazines as soon it will be available.

Sti Prodrive would benefit from a specific Kenwood autoradio. In france, the Sti will have 2 "Suretracks" (front and back) which would not be the case in all the European markets (?).

It is also said that significant "hidden" difference exist between Wrx and Sti, a lot more than the differences indicated by Subaru France.

We will see.

As you, we consider in France that the price difference between a Prodrive and a Sti (FF 24 000, about £ 2 400) is a little bit too high for cosmetic only. However, I must say I have ordered a Prodrive, since I do not appreciate the Sti back without the Prodrive look. Mine should arrive at the end of december.

polarbearit 30 November 2001 09:38 PM

£2400, I thought it was bad enough charging the £1500 more they do in the UK! What colour are you getting?

Jon

wrx 30 November 2001 10:58 PM

There is a pic of one in auto express with english plates on, so there must be test cars over here already.

Frenchie Soub 01 December 2001 08:17 AM

We have no choice of color for the Prodrive : blue and that's all.

The price difference between Sti and Prodrive is Euros 4 000 which is may be a little bit less than £ 2 400, let's say £ 2 200.

Deep Singh 02 December 2001 02:25 PM

Frenchie,congrats on the new purchase.What do you mean by 'Suretrack'?

Rexsticy 02 December 2001 07:07 PM

Deep Singh, I think he's referring to Suretrac LSDs.

Frenchie Soub 03 December 2001 09:13 AM

Correct, ,I was referring to Suretrac.

It seems that Prodrive has already a kind of PPP for the Sti. Is it true ?

M Hutton 03 December 2001 09:17 AM

I was chatting to the service manager at my delers about the new STi, it is a strong rumour that Prodrive are putting together a performance pack for it!

healeyb 03 December 2001 12:45 PM

I wonder if the PPP involves putting the original ECU back in again? Cynically...

Crispin 03 December 2001 01:30 PM

I'm damn sure I saw one on the M4 on Friday at about lunchtime.....hmmmm

Deep Singh 03 December 2001 03:15 PM

Strange,the dealer I spoke to reckoned that Prodrive were definately not bringing out a PPP for it.