ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   bug eye morette headlights conversions... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/570246-bug-eye-morette-headlights-conversions.html)

X30NGO 31 December 2006 12:39 PM

bug eye morette headlights conversions...

I have established that subaru are the supplier of these, which means they are trying to rip me off...

They have been around £360 - £400 in advertised shops, although all i have contacted cannot now get them.

My question... Does anyone have an exact price from Subaru (they've been closed for a week and remain shut), OR does anyone know any shops that still have them in stock / that will sell me them.

OR Anyone have any for sale even???

Thanks.

Bongo.

Midlife...... 31 December 2006 12:50 PM

Bongo

When I was at Roger Clark a few weeks ago they were fitting some morettes to a DBM MY01 Bugeye WRX.

Try e-mailing them and ask where they got them from :D

Shaun

X30NGO 31 December 2006 12:58 PM

It looks like the customer supplied the lights themselves in that case, as i have contacted that place already with no luck. Cheers though.

Bongo

scooby51 31 December 2006 01:02 PM

try here mate

cookstar 31 December 2006 01:07 PM

Xtreme Scoobies - Tel: 01245 363623

or here, i know they did supply them, think they still might

X30NGO 31 December 2006 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by scooby51
try here mate

i've been on there but as i said, Morette handed over the lights to Subaru and won't sell them anymore. I'm primarily looking for shops who still have them in stock that will sell them etc. (maybe!)

Basically, i just want some, as cheap as possible, as i know subaru have got the rights to sell them as they ar eputting a load of money onto them, which i don't want to shell out.

Anyone have any for sale even???

Abdabz 31 December 2006 01:59 PM

I got mine fitted at Graham Walker in Chester - I know they may not have a great reputation as a dealer on here, and theyre not cheap, but they might be able to rustle something up for you if you need a quick fix.

JonMc 31 December 2006 02:10 PM

Try these. £390 delivered...

Morette twin headlamp kit for Subaru Impreza (2001+) - Buy now - Fast UK Delivery - ESP Design

DLP 31 December 2006 03:27 PM

Bongo bought mine from local subaru dealer in september and paid £346.50

X30NGO 02 January 2007 11:52 AM

ok thanks i been quote £334 + VAT from subaru direct.

WILL WRX HEADLIGHTS FIT A SPORT??? I presume the shape is the same and the difference is inthe wiring???? (i ask, because there is a wrx and an STI version of the lights)

JonMc 02 January 2007 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by X30NGO
ok thanks i been quote £334 + VAT from subaru direct.

WILL WRX HEADLIGHTS FIT A SPORT??? I presume the shape is the same and the difference is inthe wiring???? (i ask, because there is a wrx and an STI version of the lights)

STi has a different loom because they have the projector style lamps. I would say that WRX and sport would be the same.