ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Another scooby gone (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/570200-another-scooby-gone.html)

jaysscooby 31 December 2006 09:38 AM

Another scooby gone

it was my turn today........

on my fcuking birthday.... scooby wagon stolen from my drive.........

Scoob99 31 December 2006 09:48 AM

You mean Stolen??

jaysscooby 31 December 2006 11:27 AM

yeah sorry.

st3v3 31 December 2006 11:34 AM

How any ideas?

donnas roo 31 December 2006 11:54 AM

Know exactly how u feel my 03 STi went back in july this year, broke in with guns took keys did armed robbery and dumped it. But on a positive note i got the car back and it's better than when it went.
Keep your chin up you could get it back. Hope so!!!!

As long as you wasn't harmed, the car can be replaced.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Donna x

Daft Lad 31 December 2006 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear mate thats terrible, did they break in for the keys or just take it without the keys? :(

ibz2004 31 December 2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by donnas roo
Know exactly how u feel my 03 STi went back in july this year, broke in with guns took keys did armed robbery and dumped it. But on a positive note i got the car back and it's better than when it went.
Keep your chin up you could get it back. Hope so!!!!

As long as you wasn't harmed, the car can be replaced.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Donna x

bloody hell that sounds terrible. Were you in when they broke in and stole the keys? Did they get caught? im really sorry to hear that.

donnas roo 01 January 2007 01:13 PM

yes it was 2.45 am sunday morning, we were all asleep, kids included. They used a concrete fence pannel, rammed it through the back door, which woke me and one of my kids, there was nothing we could do.
The worst thing about it all was watching them speeding off in my car whilst i was hanging out of the window hurling abuse at them.
It scared my youngest half to death, he was scared in case they came back.
It took police until 4.30am to turn up at our house. The husband didn't want them to find it, let alone me to want it repaired and put back on the road.

jaysscooby 03 January 2007 09:57 PM

stolen without keys.

no smashed glass.

and it wasnt started on my drive. they pushed it up the road......

they knew it was on my drive and they knew what they were doing........

i dont really want it back...... as it might happen again.......

i want it to be found burnt out so i can buy something with the insurance money.......

Bubba po 03 January 2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jaysscooby
stolen without keys.

no smashed glass.

and it wasnt started on my drive. they pushed it up the road......

they knew it was on my drive and they knew what they were doing........

i dont really want it back...... as it might happen again.......

i want it to be found burnt out so i can buy something with the insurance money.......

Whereabouts do you live, roughly?

1168 03 January 2007 11:01 PM

yes it was 2.45 am sunday morning, we were all asleep, kids included. They used a concrete fence pannel, rammed it through the back door, which woke me and one of my kids, there was nothing we could do.
The worst thing about it all was watching them speeding off in my car whilst i was hanging out of the window hurling abuse at them.
It scared my youngest half to death, he was scared in case they came back.
It took police until 4.30am to turn up at our house. The husband didn't want them to find it, let alone me to want it repaired and put back on the road.

not nice,the b*st**ds,you & your husband must of feared for your & your kids lifes.thats why ive got a baseball bat by my bed ,they try to break into my house then its there fault if i cave there heads in.glad your ok,by the way to the guy who started the thread gutted for you mate:(

donnas roo 03 January 2007 11:23 PM

at the time it was scarey, still paranoid about parking it up and driving it but everything well belled up now, car, winows, doors just want a cctv sign but dont have a clue were to get one from.

Cheers hope the thread starter is fine now also.

KEEP YOUR PRIDE AND JOYS SECURE because there is always some-one willing to take it from you wether they hurt anyone or not. we were lucky

wakko 03 January 2007 11:36 PM

For CCTV signs try Farnell InOne, distributors of electronic, electrical and industrial component products. Online ordering and 24 hour delivery as standard.

Do a search for "cctv signs", comes up with plenty of results.

rabskyline 03 January 2007 11:37 PM

cctv signs on fleabay !!

Bmw.E36.M3 03 January 2007 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1168
not nice,the b*st**ds,you & your husband must of feared for your & your kids lifes.thats why ive got a baseball bat by my bed ,they try to break into my house then its there fault if i cave there heads in.glad your ok,by the way to the guy who started the thread gutted for you mate:(

I have the same view as you fella,I also have a baseball bat by the side of my bed and would use that much sooner than call the police !

92typeRA 03 January 2007 11:49 PM

gutted for ya mate :( :(

yeh officer his head fell onto my bat what was i ment to :lol1:
i got a bat and a big ass dog that hates strangers:lol1:

Bmw.E36.M3 03 January 2007 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by 92typeRA
gutted for ya mate :( :(

yeh officer his head fell onto my bat what was i ment to :lol1:
i got a bat and a big ass dog that hates strangers:lol1:

Forgot to mention the 2 Rottweilers I have downstairs ! I'd still give them a taste of the baseball bat though !

Bubba po 03 January 2007 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bmw.E36.M3
Forgot to mention the 2 Rottweilers I have downstairs ! I'd still give them a taste of the baseball bat though !

Do Rottweillers like the taste of baseball bat? :confused:

Bmw.E36.M3 03 January 2007 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po

Not the dogs mate,the theiving scum !!

donnas roo 04 January 2007 12:11 AM

thanx i have just ordered the signs, and i agree but next it will be a bit more than a bat they will be facing... At the end of the day you have to protect what is rightfully yours in what-ever way you feel necessary...

Sorry officer, but they asked for it more than once...

GC8 04 January 2007 12:13 AM

They taste like chicken!

Bmw.E36.M3 04 January 2007 12:14 AM

thanx i have just ordered the signs, and i agree but next it will be a bit more than a bat they will be facing... At the end of the day you have to protect what is rightfully yours in what-ever way you feel necessary...

Sorry officer, but they asked for it more than once...

I totally agree with you,but I honestly hope you are never faced with that situation again.

Bmw.E36.M3 04 January 2007 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by GC8
They taste like chicken!

:wonder:

donnas roo 04 January 2007 12:22 AM

In all honesty as much as i love my 03 STi, it is a car at the end of the day and it is fine and dandy saying what i would do, but when they have guns, i don't supose there is a lot you can do.
You can only hope that they don't hurt anyone, the cars can be replaced, Don't let the hubby know i said that as he has said this from the time the car went.

But i wouldn't see any reasoning with him. This net has shocked me as i didn't realise how common this type of nicking cars is.

Joek101 04 January 2007 08:47 AM

at the time it was scarey, still paranoid about parking it up and driving it but everything well belled up now, car, winows, doors just want a cctv sign but dont have a clue were to get one from.

Cheers hope the thread starter is fine now also.

KEEP YOUR PRIDE AND JOYS SECURE because there is always some-one willing to take it from you wether they hurt anyone or not. we were lucky

I recently had my car stolen too and was thinking of improved security measures, including CCTV, but surely CCTV/CCTV signs just says to prospective robbers 'there's something really good to steal here, just make sure you wear a balaclava?'

donnas roo 04 January 2007 03:50 PM

totally understand where you are comming from, but dont really know what else to do already got the razor wire on the back of fence pannels, house belled up to the eye balls, shoot bolts on all internal doors, car keys hidden night an day it;s bl**dy rediculous but i have still got my car. so something is working for now.!!!!

Joek101 04 January 2007 03:57 PM

I suppose its different which way you look at it.

If someone is inerested in stealing your scoob, and follows you home and sees you have CCTVit might well deter them and they'll look for an easier target.

But i think for other burglars if they were looking for a house to hit the CCTV might encourage them as they'll think theres something good to take in there.

So basically whatever you do your screwed one way or another!

scoobfan 04 January 2007 04:18 PM

Whereabouts do you live, roughly?

Up norf I bet !!

Rob

struv 04 January 2007 08:43 PM

it doesent happen up norf cos we all have mossbergs under the bed and rotties in the kitchen