ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Registration document error (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/570066-registration-document-error.html)

phelpsa 31 December 2006 12:12 AM

Registration document error

We are currently in the process of trading in our Volvo V70 and Impreza WRX for a new STi.

The Volvo is a V70 D5 SE, but without leather seats, and at some time there has been confusion and it is down on the V5 as a V70 D5 S. The Subaru dealer won't recognise it as an SE unless it says so on the registration document, so what needs to be done to correct this? If I take the VIN number to my local dealer would they be able to give proof that it is an SE? If so, how could we get it changed?

Adam

Scooby Lover 31 December 2006 12:59 AM

Adam,

The Volvo dealer won't be able to modify the V5 in any way at all, therefore the only thing you can do is take it to your local DVLA office to get it corrected. It'll no doubt take atleast 7 working days though. I can't promise you it'll be free either but that should solve the problem if the Scooby dealer won't take anything else as proof of it being that particular model.

Hope that helps

Pro Boy 31 December 2006 09:21 AM

could be that the leather seats are part of the SE spec, if so not a SE

alcazar 31 December 2006 09:23 AM

Can you walk away from that dealer? I would. It sounds as if he's being an *rsehole.

Once traded my ZX for a Xantia. Told the salesman I had SOME service history.

Once we'd swapped cars, and they had the paperwork, he started coming over all stroppy, saying I'd not told him how little I had.

I told him to his face that if he wasn't f*cking satisfied, to get me my f*cking car back and take his own f*cker back, give me my money back, and we'd be square!

Funny.............I heard no more about it:D

Alcazar

phelpsa 31 December 2006 10:20 AM

The car was specifically ordered as a Volvo V70 SE minus leather (we had to fight to get it!), and therefore the SE price was paid.

The Subaru dealer isn't really being an arse, we just don't have any other proof that it is an SE.

Adidas 31 December 2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by phelpsa
The car was specifically ordered as a Volvo V70 SE minus leather (we had to fight to get it!), and therefore the SE price was paid.

The Subaru dealer isn't really being an arse, we just don't have any other proof that it is an SE.

It sounds like you've had the car from new. If thats the case have you not got the original order/spec/invoice sheet?? That way you can offer the proof to the new dealer :)

phelpsa 31 December 2006 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas
It sounds like you've had the car from new. If thats the case have you not got the original order/spec/invoice sheet?? That way you can offer the proof to the new dealer :)

We've had the car from new, but it was originally a company car, which we bought from the company.

Adam