ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Newbie again! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/569835-newbie-again.html)

martx 30 December 2006 10:51 AM

Newbie again!

Auvoir!,

Thought I'd say hello, I was on here a few years ago but left the fold. But I'm back now!:luxhello:

I've just picked up a Jan '06 registered Hawk-eye blue UK STI PPP with 18" Gold speedlines & Prodrive rear spoiler with 10k miles. (£33k new, I paid :notworthy £20k:notworthy at main dealer!! touch!!!)

It hasn't got the Prodrive springs, but living in London with all the humps, I sharn't be fitting them.

This is my 3rd Subaru, my 1st was an X-plate classic WRX (blue'n'gold) and 03-plate STI PPP.

I'm hoping not to make the same mistakes I've made in the past by modding cars until the're no longer daily users. Straight through pipes and coilover suspension are great on track but a pain in the ar$e over speed humps and can be embarressing outside customers houses!.

Anyway, nice to be back,

Bonjour!! :thumb:

Ben v7 30 December 2006 11:19 AM

Welcome back into the fold my friend.

Get some pics up of the car - sounds fantastic.

I know what you mean about the speed humps in London. I've fitted the springs however and it's never ground out. The result is just irritating other drivers by having to slow down more than they would expect.

Worst thing about the springs and stiffer dampers I have is that with the state of the roads in general you do feel the jolts that bit more and the dash is certainly getting more and more rattly.

Enjoy the car. :)

martx 30 December 2006 11:37 AM

Nice 1 Ben,

Whereabouts in Sarf London are ya?

mart

Jamo 30 December 2006 11:49 AM

isnt auvoir goodbye? :lol1: anyway, bonjour :thumb:

martx 30 December 2006 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
isnt auvoir goodbye? :lol1: anyway, bonjour :thumb:

Play it cool trigger.. play it cool...:norty:

Anger 30 December 2006 12:55 PM

Hi mate :) the scoob sounds nice any pics

Where abouts in south london do you live and i'll keep an eye out for you

martx 30 December 2006 01:07 PM

I live in Sidcup but work all over South London, My firm is based in Peckham.

Anger 30 December 2006 01:10 PM

Live in Wallington near Croydon and work all over south london, so i'll keep an eye out for you :thumb:

martx 30 December 2006 01:22 PM

Anger,

I know Wallington, I've recently bought a car from croydon audi on the fiveways bit of the purley way.

Me and a pal are doning bedford autodrome on the 20th jan if ya fancy it? You an all ben?

Anger 30 December 2006 01:27 PM

I live about 5 minutes away from the Audi garage mate

I would of been well up for it but my scoobs of the road at the mo and im on holiday

James

martx 30 December 2006 01:42 PM

Enjoy ya hol James (get off the internet!!! lol)

Ben v7 30 December 2006 03:03 PM

I live in Balham.

Bedford autodrome sounds like a good idea - definately be interested in coming along. :)

Granby 30 December 2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by martx
I live in Sidcup but work all over South London, My firm is based in Peckham.

I may see you around, i live in Eltham and work in New Cross

Have you been on here Kent Scoobies :thumb:

martx 30 December 2006 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Granby
I may see you around, i live in Eltham and work in New Cross

Have you been on here Kent Scoobies :thumb:

Fancy Bedford autodrome on the 20th?

sarasquares 30 December 2006 08:20 PM

Fany Bedford autodrome on the 20th?

who?:wonder:

Granby 30 December 2006 08:28 PM

Fany Bedford autodrome on the 20th?

I'm working :(

martx 30 December 2006 08:47 PM

I'll be thinking of ya buddy:p

Anger 31 December 2006 12:30 PM

Oh yeah i drive a sonic blue classic Ra with a lots of Carbon and fmic on it, so wave if you see me as theres so many moody ba$tards around these ways :)

martx 31 December 2006 02:24 PM

'course mate, I 'heads up' anyone in a scooby. It doesn't cost anything.

If I get blanked fook em.

BENV7 go to link below:

Brands Hatch Race Circuit - The Official Brands Hatch Motorsport Site

Ben v7 01 January 2007 05:15 PM

See you've changed car then Anger - RA a good move and step up. I mean to come down and catch up with the surrey scoobies lot at some point.

I wave to all behind the wheel of a Scoobie - if I don't get a positive response then yep, fook em.

Martx - to be honest mate it's touch and go for me regarding this. Really want go but I'm on holiday as well at the moment (Hong Kong - seen some nice jap motors). Get back on the 13th but that only gives me 1 week to sort the car out for it... it's 108db at the moment so way over the noise regs. Will do my best but might not make it.

On a different note, do you know any members of the clubs that drive around London - like the late night tunnel runs? Seen a few cars in convoy around my way late at night but yet to make any introductions...

I'll get intouch closer the time.

Ben.